ValhallaVintageVerb 1.7.1. Two new reverb modes (Chaotic Hall, Chaotic Chamber)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaVintageVerb

metalifuxx wrote: Ya gone and done it again. I am waiting for your delay plugin that follows the same model/structure of your reverb plugins.
I *have* a delay plugin: ValhallaÜberMod.
But it's got to be easy to use (think Soundtoys Echoboy), or even like some of the guitar pedal delays.
Oh. Well, ÜberMod is...um...*mumble*

:D

The big lesson I learned from ÜberMod: You CAN have too many parameters in a plugin. ValhallaVintageVerb is designed with the opposite approach. I tried to figure out exactly how few parameters I could put into a reverb, while still having the required control over the algorithms.

Sean Costello

Kontrast13 wrote:Pretty cool, Sean. That dog humping a pillow may have stole your thunder though ;)
It was well worth it, let me tell you. I had to wipe a fair amount of spit off the MBP screen after seeing that.

Sean Costello

Hi Sean,

congrats to whatever I've just purchased. :D

No, all the indications/words start to make sense now.

Anyway, I'm sure it sounds gorgeous - that's why I have to check my mail box now ...

Cheers,
LiteOn

Beautiful! The 80's was the golden age of Lexicon, I prefer the UAD model of the 224 over the newer Lexicon PCM algorithms.

Bought this before I even heard it. Can't wait to take it for a spin.

If I may get one feature request in early for a possible delay, how about "swing" like Echoy? Can I has plz?

valhallasound wrote:The big lesson I learned from ÜberMod: You CAN have too many parameters in a plugin. ValhallaVintageVerb is designed with the opposite approach. I tried to figure out exactly how few parameters I could put into a reverb, while still having the required control over the algorithms.
No, whilst I agree that focus is key and (for plugins) a limited number of parameters better, but, what Ubermod can achieve is nothing short of eye blindingly beautiful (good thing it's intended to listen to ;)). I don't know if it would be the same with a limited set of parameters. I think it gets places it wouldn't otherwise roam.

That being said, yes, the number of parameters on VVV feels right, and sounds ashtonishinly as well. Congratulations.

O-hhhhhh_M-yyyyyyyyyyyyyy_G-oooooooooooooooooD,

sorry that I have to drop some some words not related to audio:
This GUI is :D :D :D :D :D

I'm still 'blinded by that gui....'.

Cheers,
LiteOn

Wow, another one? And I still haven't bought your other plugins yet. I guess you'll be seeing $200 coming your way in the very near future.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Audio~Geek wrote:This is how I feel after hearing of the new Valhalla release

You need a reverb to feel like that? That's how I feel every day, you just need to grab life by ummm, err, the pillow? :hihi: I guess I don't really want to see what living animate things do to your senses :LOL:

Ok,

I've just started to run through the presets.

Though I don't have any personal experience in these 80s-Phil-Michael-whatever-Larger-than-Live-Sounds I have to confess that I've paid less for this reverb than I'd paid for the iLok2 to be prepared for the 'other upcoming ones' (Phoenix. R2, Relab).

The best one: I start to feel I might not need the Pace root kit.....

Cheers,
LiteOn :D

Hi Sean,

well, ok, yep, I got a say: this is the s**t!

Q: Is there any way to get control over the stereo 'wideness'?

Thanks & cheers,
LiteOn

Paypal. Bummer. I'm to close to the "$10,000 limit so we don't trust you unless we own your bank account". Oh, well. Would have bought it of you used a different payment mechanism.

and bought.

ValhallaDSP plug-ins are so good I even considered buying a t-shirt, but then realized that no one in hell would get it, so ... :)

Just had a play with this beauty and indeed it is most excellent.

I do however start to see a "pattern".. or rather a "sound" to your reverbs Sean, in a similar way that Lexicon reverbs have their own sound.

One of the differences to a lexicon reverb is that your mid frequency range, and low-mids especially, are quite strong. I seem to ALWAYS insert an EQ after both the ValhallaRoom plugin and now again after the ValhallaVintageVerb, on almost all sources, and have to cut 6-9dB of the 200-1000hz range, slightly depending on source. I usually use a dynamic EQ to keep it in context with whatever is feeding the reverb send.

This is in extreme stark contrast to the lexicon reverbs where they just kind of mix themselves and never really intrude. In a way this is not at all realistic when compared to real rooms but it's an absolute god send when using it for mixing and placing things deeper in a mix. It's almost as if many of the Lexicon reverbs have a completely unnatural naturalness to them. Like a perfect room which my brain tells me can't exist. Kind of like a mix between a room and outdoors.

If you can come up with your own flavor of algorithm that has this Lexicon "scoopedness" in the low mids and mids, then you have a true winner for a mixing reverb. I think the lexicon "sheen" that many of us call it is exactly this reason. You send a source to the reverb and rise or lower the volume. No need for any tinkering with the reverb send as I have to do with so many other reverbs.

I've managed, by pure random chance, to create some variations of lexiconishness in Ariesverb. Of course I have no idea what I'm doing so I'm just tinkering with the feedback delay network until it sounds pleasant.. but I've noticed it has something to do with how the phases of the various delay lines weaken themselves at certain frequencies around the low mids and mids.

Anyhow, great reverb you have here and it's definitely very different sounding to the ValhallaRoom. Definitely going to pick this up after new year.

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

I'll probably buy this, and I don't even need moar reverbs. sigh

Return to “Effects”