ValhallaVintageVerb 1.7.1. Two new reverb modes (Chaotic Hall, Chaotic Chamber)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaVintageVerb

EvilDragon wrote: Yeah, you will never see that happen. I wonder why? :) (Answer - common sense)
Yes, sir. That's the point I was trying to make. :) It's good to use common sense and mutual respect when interacting with others. This is applicable to "real" life interaction as well as on public forums. :)
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

Sanctuary is fantastic Sean.
Well done and thanks very much.

Sampleconstruct wrote:There are now 66 presets in my user folder*
But we're talking evil here, you MUST have teh 66 and another 6.

So is this why the setting sound "wicked evil"??

?

Brother Charles wrote: My bad. . . I should have added an emoticon that denoted that I was being comical/cheeky. Besides . . . everyone knows that pi is square. Cakes are round. *silly grin.

I agree with you. The plug-in isn't evil in any way; it's simply a plug-in. A very, very good plug-in. How an individual uses the plug-in, and the musical message that one produces with the plug-in, that's where the intent of the heart is recognized (for the most part).
Oh ok, sorry I thought you were actually suggesting he modify the value. Good 'ol internet humor.

frankjcc2003 wrote:Just why did someone have to go make it a point to put 666 in the sanctuary? Say what you will about me, I am a man of God and this would be offensive if I were weak, but I'm not. That does not make it okay to force it on me if I go to the dark pad preset. Now that I think of it. I've heard of people who were given a chance to view hell, and they say it is so dark that you can't see you hand in front of your face, but yet they could see the people burning in their pods of fire, so I guess the decay time is in order(6.66 repeating). I bought vroom but for some reason I was never able to pull the trigger on this one, in spite of all the best reviews in the world. maybe I'm taking this too far, maybe not, maybe someone on this forum who reads this will be curious enough to investigate this further(the heaven and hell thing).

Anyway, whatever happens with this post is fine with me, whether it's commented on, deleted, flamed. B.A.Tech took a big hit for the name of his company because a lot of people were offended just by reading the name. That's kind of how I feel some people might view this preset.
You should perhaps not use it because "Valhalla" is a non christian, Norse, afterlife realm. But I'm Hindu, I may be missing something.

This reminds me of some of my mastering customers with thirteen or more tracks on their CDs, who request that there be no "Track 13." It has happened quite a few times, but I've mastered several hundred CDs. I explain that I can't do that and why, and response is almost always, "OK, just so long as there isn't a Track 13," kind of like Spinal Tap: "these go to eleven." If they don't get it, I make the actual Track 13 silent and the minimum spec-legal length. Similarly, I almost always put 333 ms (25 CD frames) of silence at the beginning of tracks and, you guessed it, 666 at the end. I learned the hard way to go to 667 for some attended gospel music sessions.

Wasn't there a revelation relatively recently that concluded that the number of the beast was 616 or something?

Reminds me of that level in Lemmings, "All the sixes". That got taken out of the Nintendo port, as did the other references to heaven and hell, which I assume was part of the games dark humour, rather than a hint from Psygnosis that they were in league with the devil.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:Wasn't there a revelation relatively recently that concluded that the number of the beast was 616 or something?
The Mayans. And they predicted the end of the world too! Oh.....wait......that didn't happen. Now I has a sad.

the update (including Sanctuary...) is astounding, Sean. Just. damn.

hibidy wrote:
Sendy wrote:Wasn't there a revelation relatively recently that concluded that the number of the beast was 616 or something?
The Mayans. And they predicted the end of the world too! Oh.....wait......that didn't happen. Now I has a sad.
Well, you have to admit, the year 2000 was an accurate marker for the cutoff point of common sense and decency, and I tend to think of it as "the beginning of the end" rather than an end outright. It seems that was perhaps the time when our progress reached it's zenith and we began regressing. Now we have our liberties being destroyed in the name of "stopping terrism" and politicians speaking of "euthanizing the disabled" is NOT a scene from an edgy political satire but an actual thing that happened :help:

On the other hand, maybe we just have more bad news on hand than ever before.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

blortblort wrote:the update (including Sanctuary...) is astounding, Sean. Just. damn.
Glad you like it!

I did a lot of work in Don Gunn's studio, tuning in Sanctuary, and got to hear the algorithm through some nice speakers. In some ways, Sanctuary is pretty raw - the decay can be a little metallic at short Size settings, while larger Size settings can display a weird echo pattern. That being said, there is a *depth* to Sanctuary that I really like. Depth, as in "the sound is decaying away somewhere behind the speakers." I'm still not sure of the psychoacoustics for this effect, but I plan on exploring this more in the future.

Sean Costello

I'm not having any problems here so far, but I have noticed what feels like flames........

valhallasound wrote:while larger Size settings can display a weird echo pattern.
That is a GOOD thing! Been running sounds through it at 70.00s decay for what seems an eternity now... sounds so good! Gets great 10s or so in :love:

The NOW mode seems to win all the time for insane long delay effects, if you want to keep the vibe connected to the original sound you are reverberating into infinity.

I remember the princeton room had the most weird echo pattern after a few seconds, sounded totally artificial, but all the more awesome for it.

oh my i didn't try sanctuary yet.. doing this as we speak, just noticed the update email :dog:

This is a fine product:)

just got room as well for my percussion as an alternative to ERS. :hyper:

Sampleconstruct wrote:There are now 66 presets in my user folder*
great, a preset for every book in the bible.

It was just an immediate observation that led me to speak on it. He said it was not intentional and I was cool with that. It really does not affect me, but I did want to know what the intent was.

When that well liked amp sim studio devil came out, I gave it a listen, but I couldn't take it serious enough to consider buying it. That just me, I don't invite things like that into my home. can't have plugins sending me bad messages. anyway

Return to “Effects”