ValhallaVintageVerb 1.7.1. Two new reverb modes (Chaotic Hall, Chaotic Chamber)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaVintageVerb

I haven't run into that. I have it loaded in templates on live and S1.

hibidy wrote:What I meant was, the cats FREQUENTLY vamoose when I start clanking around. Amplified sounds are particularly unacceptable to them :hihi:
Naaa... you're probably messing with the "Cat-Off" Control... :hihi:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

haha, my cats would FREAK if I played random noises the speakers. In fact, they are my worst critic :lol:

When they can sleep around w/o running, I know I'm onto something :hihi:

My dog only falls asleep when i play the guitar ...... maybe i should get a cat-critic as well!
:hug:

hibidy wrote:haha, my cats would FREAK if I played random noises the speakers. In fact, they are my worst critic :lol:

When they can sleep around w/o running, I know I'm onto something :hihi:
Well, in that case, I guess the famous slogan "DO NOT BOOST, CAT !" applies... :lol: :D
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Back to original topic...

Sean said :
valhallasound wrote:The ValhallaRoom algorithms were designed to avoid the artifacts heard in many algorithmic reverbs (especially around the "diffusion" control), while VintageVerb embraces these artifacts. VRoom is smoother to my ears, while VintageVerb sounds wider and deeper.
Over the last week or so, I found myself drawn time and again towards VVV. I THINK that the term "wider" applies to what >I< perceive when processing with VVV.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

The low cut is dreamy. I miss having this on VR.

hibidy wrote:The low cut is dreamy. I miss having this on VR.
Me too. This will be added to ValhallaRoom in a future update. Not sure if it will be in the next VR update, as it will entail some GUI redesign. I think the next ValhallaRoom update will be pretty simple (fix dual screen issue for Pro Tools, fix downsampling issue), but we'll see what I get accomplished while I am tinkering around in there.

Sean Costello

Tp3 wrote:Back to original topic...

Sean said :
valhallasound wrote:The ValhallaRoom algorithms were designed to avoid the artifacts heard in many algorithmic reverbs (especially around the "diffusion" control), while VintageVerb embraces these artifacts. VRoom is smoother to my ears, while VintageVerb sounds wider and deeper.
Over the last week or so, I found myself drawn time and again towards VVV. I THINK that the term "wider" applies to what >I< perceive when processing with VVV.
I keep trying to figure out exactly why that is, i.e. why VeeThree is wider.

My guess is that it has to do with how spatial energy mixes in the late decay. In ValhallaRoom, I allow the user to control the rate of energy mixing between left and right, so that a signal in the left channel can stay mostly in the left channel, or quickly be in both left and right channels (and vice versa). The VeeThree algorithms have the spatial mixing "baked into" the algorithm, and it pretty much always bounces back and forth between left and right channels. Which has nothing to do with how a "real" room works, but helps things to sound nice and wide.

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote: fix downsampling issue
Whats the downsampling issue?

IIRs wrote:
valhallasound wrote: fix downsampling issue
Whats the downsampling issue?
The downsampling isn't working quite how I intended it to. A bit noisier than the downsampling in VintageVerb.

Sean Costello

Thanks. I'm enjoying VVV btw :tu:

valhallasound wrote:The VeeThree algorithms have the spatial mixing "baked into" the algorithm, and it pretty much always bounces back and forth between left and right channels. Which has nothing to do with how a "real" room works, but helps things to sound nice and wide.

Sean Costello
That's funny.... that's EXACTLY whet Matt (the developer of Reverberate) said in a discussion I was involved here. he also said that the modulation has "nothing to do with how a 'real' room works" (or something similar), but he found that users loved this affect when it comes to Reverbs, so he keeps it like that...
(Gabe Dumbbell)

valhallasound wrote:I keep trying to figure out exactly why that is, i.e. why VeeThree is wider.
Well, shouldn't you know ?! you programmed the damn thing ! :P
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Tp3 wrote:
valhallasound wrote:I keep trying to figure out exactly why that is, i.e. why VeeThree is wider.
Well, shouldn't you know ?! you programmed the damn thing ! :P
I sometimes am under the impression that designing reverbs is something of a black art. Hard to master, full of hidden mysteries, and always subject of some debate.

Return to “Effects”