ValhallaVintageVerb 1.7.1. Two new reverb modes (Chaotic Hall, Chaotic Chamber)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaVintageVerb

blortblort wrote:That sounds sooo good, Simon! it breathes....I couldn't resist.... here's a little EP floating :D

https://soundcloud.com/madder-than-you/ ... pace-ep-bb
Lovely stuff! Reverb Orgies!!

V0RT3X wrote:Holy smokes those new verb algos sound AMAZING..

Geez $50 for your stuff is too kind Sean.
that's because it's a real labour of love

+1

:clap: :)

The new Smooth Plate is very great!
I compared this with the Eventide Ultrareverb and the plates there are sounding not very good. There is some random modulation also if depth 0 which I don't like. It remembers me sometimes more to a spring reverb :D
Anyway, VVV with the Smooth Plate is sweet like honey 8)

4damind wrote:The new Smooth Plate is very great!
I compared this with the Eventide Ultrareverb and the plates there are sounding not very good. There is some random modulation also if depth 0 which I don't like. It remembers me sometimes more to a spring reverb :D
I'm glad that you like Smooth Plate! I think it is the best reverb algorithm I've yet released*. I don't know if it is my FAVORITE, as far as what I would personally use (I love the raw character of Dirty Hall), but it is the smoothest and most transparent algorithm I've done so far**.

Sean Costello

* Least favorite/worst algorithm I've released: Medium Room in ValhallaRoom. I'm happy that there are 11 other algorithms in that plugin, as I HATE Medium Room nowadays.

** I haven't compared the algorithms in The Halls of Valhalla reverb cartridge to my plugins. Some of those algorithms in the Halls of Valhalla are pretty transparent, but the hardware itself is nice and dirty. The Halls of Valhalla algorithms are all fairly different from my plugin algorithms, and I hope to explore these topologies more in the future, once I finish up my current task queue.

valhallasound wrote:
4damind wrote:The new Smooth Plate is very great!
I'm glad that you like Smooth Plate! I think it is the best reverb algorithm I've yet released*. I don't know if it is my FAVORITE, as far as what I would personally use (I love the raw character of Dirty Hall), but it is the smoothest and most transparent algorithm I've done so far**.

Sean Costello

* Least favorite/worst algorithm I've released: Medium Room in ValhallaRoom. I'm happy that there are 11 other algorithms in that plugin, as I HATE Medium Room nowadays.

** I haven't compared the algorithms in The Halls of Valhalla reverb cartridge to my plugins. Some of those algorithms in the Halls of Valhalla are pretty transparent, but the hardware itself is nice and dirty. The Halls of Valhalla algorithms are all fairly different from my plugin algorithms, and I hope to explore these topologies more in the future, once I finish up my current task queue.
:love:

You implemented a lot more new algorithms in VVV instead of VRoom (also this Lex 224 stuff is great). It seems a bit that VVV is also preferred by a lot users over VVR. Is there some plan to bring all together to only one plug-in?

11 other algorythms in room next to medium room?

4damind wrote: You implemented a lot more new algorithms in VVV instead of VRoom (also this Lex 224 stuff is great). It seems a bit that VVV is also preferred by a lot users over VVR. Is there some plan to bring all together to only one plug-in?
ValhallaRoom has 12 available slots for reverbs in its design (beyond that, I would need to add a parameter, which would break existing projects). I shipped ValhallaRoom in March 2011 with 4 algorithms. I wasn't expecting to come up with 8 more algorithms, but as of the latest beta, the slots are full.

With ValhallaVintageVerb, I had more room for reverb algorithms from the get go. The reduced control set (compared to VRoom) ended up being fairly inspiring. Hence the 15 algorithms in the VVV beta, versus the 12 in the VRoom beta.

I don't plan on bringing everything into one plugin. My future plans are focused on more specialized plugins, with simpler interfaces. A plugin that combined ValhallaRoom and ValhallaVintageVerb would need to have a superset of both parameter sets, and would result in a lot of controls being unused for certain algorithms. I've done the 40+ parameter Swiss Army knife plugin in the past (ValhallaÜberMod), and am not going to be doing that again anytime soon.

Sean Costello

robindrieghe wrote:11 other algorythms in room next to medium room?
Yes, in the beta version:

http://valhalladsp.com/aax-updates

Any idea when the new versions of VVV and Vroom with the additional algorithms will be released (i.e., not in beta)?

A few questions for anyone who knows the answers.

1. Has the gui of Valhallaroom been changed to be more like VVV and Ubermod?
2. Is there anything new added to Ubermod other than the AAX plugins.
3. I love Valhalla! Sorry I only had two questions.

bharris22 wrote:Any idea when the new versions of VVV and Vroom with the additional algorithms will be released (i.e., not in beta)?
Each of them will have at least one more beta revision before the full release. So the release date depends on the beta feedback.

Sean Costello

clintmartin wrote:A few questions for anyone who knows the answers.

1. Has the gui of Valhallaroom been changed to be more like VVV and Ubermod?
Nope. Same old GUI. I may do a color revision in the future. Things sure looked different on my 2006 MacBook Pro than, well, anywhere else.
2. Is there anything new added to Ubermod other than the AAX plugins.
Nope. AAX only. Honestly, no real reason to test the ÜberMod beta unless you are using AAX.

ValhallaShimmer has a 64-bit OSX VST, in addition to the AAX (and the other plugin formats). It also has an installer, which is useful when installing the plugin for the first time. Otherwise, it is the same as it has been since December 2010.

ValhallaVintageVerb and ValhallaRoom have new algorithms (6 for VVV, 1 for VRoom). ValhallaFreqEcho has a new, resizable GUI, that uses Futura, as well as new sync times, and better warping of the shift and delay controls. So those 3 plugins have significant changes, other than new plugin formats.
3. I love Valhalla! Sorry I only had two questions.
Thanks!

Sean Costello

Thanks for the info. I personally really like the Futura look. (a Vroom in Futura would be awesome.) Before you posted I requested a Ubermod beta which you can ignore. As for VVV I haven't found any bugs at all in it. I use Sonar X3...is there anything I should be checking for that would be of any help?

Has anything been done to improve compatibility on mono channels in Studio One?

valhallasound wrote:
bharris22 wrote:Any idea when the new versions of VVV and Vroom with the additional algorithms will be released (i.e., not in beta)?
Each of them will have at least one more beta revision before the full release. So the release date depends on the beta feedback.
I just realized tonight that I HAVE to release the full versions in the next few weeks, due to some website changes. So, the answer is "in the next few weeks."

Sean Costello

Return to “Effects”