ValhallaVintageVerb 1.7.1. Two new reverb modes (Chaotic Hall, Chaotic Chamber)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaVintageVerb

valhallasound wrote: Well, weed is LEGAL here now, so we'll see what this bodes for the future of Valhalla plugins.
Sean Costello
ValhallaVintageVeed :hihi:

ORLY?

Beatworld wrote:
valhallasound wrote: Well, weed is LEGAL here now, so we'll see what this bodes for the future of Valhalla plugins.
Sean Costello
Black Labrador!

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Beatworld wrote:
Sean Costello
Black Labrador!
:D :lol:

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Beatworld wrote:
Sean Costello
Black Labrador!
Since I've Been Tweaking You !
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Beatworld wrote:
Sean Costello
Well, I'd smoke that. It would probably result in a slow attack time. :hihi:

Indeed.. and slowing of time in general. :hihi:

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Beatworld wrote:
Sean Costello
Black Labrador!
I don't get it. And I HATE not getting a joke. Someone clue me in here!!!!

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Beatworld wrote:
Sean Costello
Black Labrador!

Sean Costello
It's another weed brand - actually a quote from the silly film "Up in Smoke" with those 2 dudes Cheech and Chong who smoke just about everything :D

Sampleconstruct wrote:
valhallasound wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Beatworld wrote:
Sean Costello
Black Labrador!

Sean Costello
It's another weed brand - actually a quote from the silly film "Up in Smoke" with those 2 dudes Cheech and Chong who smoke just about everything :D
Thanks for filling me in. My roommate had the "Up in Smoke" album sleeve on our wall as art back in college, but I've never seen the movie.

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
valhallasound wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Beatworld wrote:
Sean Costello
Black Labrador!

Sean Costello
Thanks for filling me in. My roommate had the "Up in Smoke" album sleeve on our wall as art back in college, but I've never seen the movie.

Sean Costello
I wouldn't mention it out loud now, in your state. With legalization of weed comes great responsibility - that movie is required viewing. As is getting up to speed with your new state flower symbol and other paraphernalia. The Dude won't abide any less.

I was just wondering, once you get up to speed or slow down to it, will Valhalla release a mix compressor? The CanniBUS, perhaps? Or a loosely rolled limiter, GanjaGain? Or a spring reverb amp emu, PotHead?

:hihi:
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

mandolarian wrote: I wouldn't mention it out loud now, in your state. With legalization of weed comes great responsibility - that movie is required viewing. As is getting up to speed with your new state flower symbol and other paraphernalia. The Dude won't abide any less.
..writes the guy who lives in BRITISH COLUMBIA, for Pete's sake. And yeah, I know weed isn't technically *legal* in BC, but I don't think it is technically *legal* in Amsterdam either. (it is entire possible I am wrong in one or both of these cases)
I was just wondering, once you get up to speed or slow down to it, will Valhalla release a mix compressor? The CanniBUS, perhaps? Or a loosely rolled limiter, GanjaGain? Or a spring reverb amp emu, PotHead?

:hihi:
I would need to do more research into compressors and limiters to make it worth my time, and to make it worthwhile for people to buy my stuff. This is an area where there are a LOT of smart folks. I could come out with a compressor plugin pretty quickly, but would it be as good as, say, The Glue? If not, then why would people buy my stuff, versus Andrew Simper's awesome work? I know that there are plenty of other examples out there, but Andrew's stuff was the first to come to mind.

Several years back, I worked on a brickwall limiter that was pretty good, but I don't know if it offers anything not already done by the Waves L2 or UA Precision Limiter. I'd want to have time to research things, so I could bring fresh stuff to the table.

Spring reverbs are a bit more up my alley. So are a lot of other weird effects that I am looking into, in order to "cleanse my palate" after VintageVerb.

Sean Costello

Sean, ever thought of doing an awesome convolution-algorithmic hybrid? Would be wonderful if there was some "mastering grade" reverb, well, if you know what I'm talking about.
It's all about the wavelets. I dream of the perfect additive synthesis.
You can hire me if you are in Toronto! Contact for details.

schnapsglas wrote:Sean, ever thought of doing an awesome convolution-algorithmic hybrid? Would be wonderful if there was some "mastering grade" reverb, well, if you know what I'm talking about.
Something like Vienna Hybrid reverb?

valhallasound wrote:Well, weed is LEGAL here now, so we'll see what this bodes for the future of Valhalla plugins.
I don't smoke a lot of weed but when I do it usually encourages me to muck about with music but when I'm stoned I have even less patience then normal for tools that are overly complicated. I just want to make sounds.

Which leads me to V3 vs übermod. V3 instantly became a go-to plugin. I only had to demo it for a couple of minutes before I needed it in my life. I've downloaded the demo for übermod a bunch of times but whenever I launched it I always ended up scratching my head, closing the plugin and using a delay or chorus I actually understood. I know there are great sounds hidden away in übermod but I'd rather spend my music making time using simple plugins that instead of being tweakable in every possible fashion are already set to awesome.

The point being that I still want a Valhalla BBD delay because I know it'll rock but I just don't want übermod. I'd love a weird spring reverb plugin too if it can be done but I haven't heard one that really sounds like a spring yet let alone sounding like my ekdahl moisturizer.

I don't want to come across like I'm against complex plugins where you can disappear under the hood for a week and figure out a way to get it to spit out a stream of zombie unicorns but I want to stand up for all of the stoned idiots like me who want great sounding plugins too :party:
Last edited by toast on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”