ValhallaVintageVerb 1.7.1. Two new reverb modes (Chaotic Hall, Chaotic Chamber)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaVintageVerb

Lovely and spooky!
:hug:

After the better part of 18 months, I've finally purchased a Valhalla product.

I tried a demo.

It made my jaw drop.

How good do I think Vee3 is?

I'm replacing most of my vocal "plate" reverb send plugs on most of my previously recorded tracks. I'm now getting ready to start recording the 10th track on my upcoming Gospel album. I really appreciate having such a great reverb plugin to work with.

Truly a great reverb plugin. I like the sound of CSR Hall, but I just may consider trying out Vroom. If Vroom impresses my ears as much as VintageVerb has, I may replace CSR Room/Hall as well. Mind you, the sound of the new CSR 4.0 (CS) is smoother and a little richer sounding than it's predecessor. :wink:
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

Just checking to see how the 1.0.1b7 beta is working for people. If y'all give the thumbs up, I want to release this as the 1.0.1 update.

Sean Costello

Brother Charles wrote:After the better part of 18 months, I've finally purchased a Valhalla product.

I tried a demo.

It made my jaw drop.

How good do I think Vee3 is?

I'm replacing most of my vocal "plate" reverb send plugs on most of my previously recorded tracks. I'm now getting ready to start recording the 10th track on my upcoming Gospel album. I really appreciate having such a great reverb plugin to work with.

Truly a great reverb plugin. I like the sound of CSR Hall, but I just may consider trying out Vroom. If Vroom impresses my ears as much as VintageVerb has, I may replace CSR Room/Hall as well. Mind you, the sound of the new CSR 4.0 (CS) is smoother and a little richer sounding than it's predecessor. :wink:
VVV has a very different sound. I'm actually thinking about selling VRoom because VVV to my ears and what I use verb for is much more. Could have been released as more than one product.

hibidy wrote: VVV has a very different sound. I'm actually thinking about selling VRoom because VVV to my ears and what I use verb for is much more. Could have been released as more than one product.
ValhallaRoom could have been released as more than one product, as well. :D The Dark/Aliens algorithms have a different sound/goal than the original algorithms. The Early section in ValhallaRoom is always the same, though, while the early/Attack stuff in ValhallaVintageVerb is a lot more varied.

Something that is interesting to me (and possibly only me, as I'm the only person that would know this) is that the ValhallaRoom algorithms have far more differences with each other than the ValhallaVintageVerb algorithms have with each other. I use all sorts of reverb architectures in VRoom, while all of the algorithms that are currently in VeeThree are of the "allpass loop" topology.

I think that it might be cooking: if you have a recipe with only a few ingredients, the individual ingredients really make a difference in the dish. The VintageVerb algorithms are simpler than ValhallaRoom, but for some reason, making a small difference in the VeeThree algorithms results in a much larger sonic difference.

Sean Costello

Something like that, I leave all that to the experts (that would be you :D ) to figure, I just want to plug it in and use it.

If someone hasn't noticed by now, I get bored. Something about VVV that shines more to me. VR was like "wow" and VVV is like WHOOOA!

I have some ears, I try and use them :hihi:

hibidy, If you have ubermod,put it before vroom. this chain is great for ,rock lead guitar.Don't sell, add VVV.

bill45 wrote:hibidy, If you have ubermod,put it before vroom. this chain is great for ,rock lead guitar.Don't sell, add VVV.
I have VVV, I'll try what you said (my templates all have VVV and Uber on a bus)

I'm terribly tempted by "don't ask don't tell" though. Honestly, for playing my 3 chords verbs are great........the thicker, the better :hihi:

I own VR, UberMod and VVV - AMAZING stuff.

VVV is really a game changer for me - having trouble with verbs all my life, i think I am finally saved :)

Did I mentioned UberMod - simply UNREAL ! :shock:

Zabukowski

A lot of V3 in this one:
https://soundcloud.com/tt_cc/thou-can

I've had the demo of ValhallaRoom in one of my projects for over a month, after immediately falling in love with the incredibly smooth reverb tails. However, just before I made the purchase this thread pushed me to give VVV a try as well, and I ended up getting that instead (No doubt I'll end up with both in the end).

Well done to Sean for some amazing reverb algorithms. As someone who dabbles in audio programming, I wish I could create just one decent sounding reverb algorithm myself, so how you come up with so many top notch ones is amazing.

I wasn't initially impressed with the screenshots of the GUIs but having used them and seen the brilliant way you get help built into the interface, I've completely changed my mind - its a genius piece of user experience.

First song I used VVV on was https://soundcloud.com/mark-heath1/suffering-servant. Probably used all the wrong settings, especially for the acapella part, so feel free to tell me what I should be doing in the soundcloud comments.

Only weird thing is that the demo version would mute the reverb at exactly the same point in the song every time I played it, so now I find it impossible to listen to the song without expecting it to disappear at that point.

Sort of evolving Drone made with Aalto

Experimenting a chain with 7 instances of valhalla vintageverb

Also used : izotope trash2, mmultibanddelay,Maul,EQ8

http://soundcloud.com/lxegs/long-drone

markheath wrote:I wasn't initially impressed with the screenshots of the GUIs but having used them and seen the brilliant way you get help built into the interface, I've completely changed my mind - its a genius piece of user experience.
Same here. At first I thought they just looked too flat and plain, but these are now my favorite UI's on any plugins. Easy to read, navigate, the best tool tips...I love them. Though, I'm in the camp that thinks the "Now" mode on V3 is a little too white and can be a bit uncomfortable to work with in a dark room.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Though, I'm in the camp that thinks the "Now" mode on V3 is a little too white and can be a bit uncomfortable to work with in a dark room.
Yeah, you'd think that someone who codes in the gray state would be more sensitive to retinal burning. :D

Maybe we need to get Sean a big 27" or 30" monitor that doesn't go below 500nits. Once he's coded in front of a billboard monitor for a few days, he might embrace the dark side of Now. :hihi:
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

I have a funny (or sad maybe? :hihi: ) story about the NI vs VVV testing I was doing. I kept changing the presets on NI's 24 and was like "wow, this sounds great".......

It was VVV :oops: Placebo and perception CLEARLY play a roll in things. Yep, the old fart is learning.......

Return to “Effects”