ValhallaVintageVerb 1.7.1. Two new reverb modes (Chaotic Hall, Chaotic Chamber)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaVintageVerb

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hm - since this is the beta thread, I might note one nitpick that just occured in PT9.0.5 on OSX10.6.8.. We had randomly delayed snippets (in the buffer?) from time to time. Reloading the plugin fixed it.

valhallasound wrote:
bharris22 wrote:Any idea when the new versions of VVV and Vroom with the additional algorithms will be released (i.e., not in beta)?
Each of them will have at least one more beta revision before the full release. So the release date depends on the beta feedback.

Sean Costello
Thanks!!

valhallasound wrote: Nope. Same old GUI. I may do a color revision in the future.
I know this answer was referring to VRoom, but please consider a bit darker (and maybe less boring :D ) background colour for the NOW Color of VVV.
Especially when working in the night, it always blinds me when I call up a preset that is set to NOW :o
It is always the brightest thing on the screen in my DAW.
Sometimes even when I'm going for a clean reverb I still switch to the 1980s Color, just for not having to bear the brightness 8)
Also, it's just too big of a contrast to the other two colours.

Thank you.
The two other Colors are beautiful, btw :)

Novalis wrote:
valhallasound wrote: Nope. Same old GUI. I may do a color revision in the future.
I know this answer was referring to VRoom, but please consider a bit darker (and maybe less boring :D ) background colour for the NOW Color of VVV.
Especially when working in the night, it always blinds me when I call up a preset that is set to NOW :o
Sometimes even when I'm going for a clean reverb I still switch to the 1980s Color, just for not having to bear the brightness 8)

Thank you.
The original NOW was pure black and pure white. That was kind of the idea behind the GUI, that it was black and white. I wanted it to look like it was printed out on a laser printer. The NOW GUI has been considerably darkened since it was first released, so it looks like it was printed out on dirty paper. Or that the toner cartridge needs to be replaced.

Here's a few color options that ended up being bypassed for the final release:

Novalis wrote:

Thank you.
The clean NOW colour is the only one I really like so I would prefer it wasn't adulterated.

valhallasound wrote:Here's a few color options that ended up being bypassed for the final release:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

aMUSEd wrote: The clean NOW colour is the only one I really like so I would prefer it wasn't adulterated.
Almost the same. I do like the 80s blue also, but maybe even more the Now for the color of the GUI. The 70s GUI is a bit uneasy for me. For me it captures perfectly the mood of 70s, unfortunately so much so that some not too happy experiences from that time period tend to surface also. Certainly my personal issue but goes to show how well it represents what it stands for.

subterfuge wrote:
aMUSEd wrote: The clean NOW colour is the only one I really like so I would prefer it wasn't adulterated.
Almost the same. I do like the 80s blue also, but maybe even more the Now for the color of the GUI. The 70s GUI is a bit uneasy for me. For me it captures perfectly the mood of 70s, unfortunately so much so that some not too happy experiences from that time period tend to surface also. Certainly my personal issue but goes to show how well it represents what it stands for.
I'm sorry to hear that the 70s GUI evokes some unpleasant memories for you! I certainly understand how evoking an era can backfire, if that era wasn't a good experience for someone.

In my opinion, the 80s GUI isn't truly representative of what the 1980s looked like, and that is JUST FINE BY ME. The 1980s were not my favorite decade. By a long shot.

I really enjoyed the 1990s as an era. I had a lot of great experiences during the 1990s. But a 1990s GUI would have to incorporate some very specific colors (like neon green) that I'd rather avoid. I would also have to change the plugin name to something like ValhallaPhattMorph to truly channel the dream of the 90s.

Plus, there are certainly precedents for 90s GUIs out there:

valhallasound wrote:
Novalis wrote:

Thank you.
The original NOW was pure black and pure white. That was kind of the idea behind the GUI, that it was black and white. I wanted it to look like it was printed out on a laser printer. The NOW GUI has been considerably darkened since it was first released, so it looks like it was printed out on dirty paper. Or that the toner cartridge needs to be replaced.

Here's a few color options that ended up being bypassed for the final release:

I'm sure those would look great if I still did ecstasy

Begs the question, why did you stop? ;)

valhallasound wrote: I'm sorry to hear that the 70s GUI evokes some unpleasant memories for you! I certainly understand how evoking an era can backfire, if that era wasn't a good experience for someone.
Thanks Sean. But that's ok, I have pretty much resolved the past anyways. Actually, I'm finally getting VVV next week, it fits perfectly what I need it for. I did avoid the dirty settings for a while when testing but it's fine now.
valhallasound wrote: In my opinion, the 80s GUI isn't truly representative of what the 1980s looked like, and that is JUST FINE BY ME. The 1980s were not my favorite decade. By a long shot.
Oh, sorry to hear that. The 80s were certainly a better period for me, but I do agree that the GUI (color) doesn't quite capture the spirit as I feel it either. And likewise, 90s were great. At any rate, the GUI overall is clear and easy to use, same with the VR. Considering the adjustments and options available, really smart designs. And effective, so kudos for that.

Hermetech Mastering wrote:Begs the question, why did you stop? ;)
In college, Dennis McKenna (brother of Terrence McKenna) spoke at the place where I lived. At the time, he was researching MDMA neurotoxicity. His research was turning up some pretty bad effects of MDMA, especially in the long term. I figured that if Terrence McKenna's brother was warning people that a psychedelic drug might have bad long term effects, I should pay attention. :D

subterfuge wrote:The 80s were certainly a better period for me, but I do agree that the GUI (color) doesn't quite capture the spirit as I feel it either.
It is REALLY HARD to successfully integrate pink and/or teal into a GUI. My wife and I tried for a while. I finally stumbled across the 80s GUI by working with numerical formulas in RGB space (which isn't nearly as fancy as I make it sound, and is probably a bad idea anyway, as working in hue space would have mapped better to perception). The colors were inspired by a book of scientific illustrations published in the 1970s, so I was TOTALLY CHEATING when I called it 80s.

I like them all. The 80's color made me think of Lexicon. Having grown up in the 80's I suggest we skip some of the fashion choices made then and stick with the current gui! I would love to see your take on a Futura styled Valhallaroom...that would be cool.

Return to “Effects”