Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
hibidy
KVRAF

42594 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:11 pm

I haven't run into that. I have it loaded in templates on live and S1.
Tp3
KVRAF

2090 posts since 7 Feb, 2007

Postby Tp3; Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:06 pm

hibidy wrote:What I meant was, the cats FREQUENTLY vamoose when I start clanking around. Amplified sounds are particularly unacceptable to them :hihi:

Naaa... you're probably messing with the "Cat-Off" Control... :hihi:
What is best ? How do you define 'best'? If you're talking about what you can think, what you can feel, what you can listen and hear, then 'best' is simply marketing signals (ie. hype) interpreted by your brain.
hibidy
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:09 pm

haha, my cats would FREAK if I played random noises the speakers. In fact, they are my worst critic :lol:

When they can sleep around w/o running, I know I'm onto something :hihi:
Crackbaby
KVRAF

3020 posts since 10 Sep, 2003, from Karlskoga, Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Crackbaby; Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:17 am

My dog only falls asleep when i play the guitar ...... maybe i should get a cat-critic as well!
:hug:
Tp3
KVRAF

Postby Tp3; Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:22 am

hibidy wrote:haha, my cats would FREAK if I played random noises the speakers. In fact, they are my worst critic :lol:

When they can sleep around w/o running, I know I'm onto something :hihi:

Well, in that case, I guess the famous slogan "DO NOT BOOST, CAT !" applies... :lol: :D
What is best ? How do you define 'best'? If you're talking about what you can think, what you can feel, what you can listen and hear, then 'best' is simply marketing signals (ie. hype) interpreted by your brain.
Tp3
KVRAF

Postby Tp3; Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:41 am

Back to original topic...

Sean said :

valhallasound wrote:The ValhallaRoom algorithms were designed to avoid the artifacts heard in many algorithmic reverbs (especially around the "diffusion" control), while VintageVerb embraces these artifacts. VRoom is smoother to my ears, while VintageVerb sounds wider and deeper.

Over the last week or so, I found myself drawn time and again towards VVV. I THINK that the term "wider" applies to what >I< perceive when processing with VVV.
hibidy
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:38 pm

The low cut is dreamy. I miss having this on VR.
valhallasound
KVRAF

3411 posts since 14 Nov, 2006, from Pacific NW

Postby valhallasound; Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:23 am

hibidy wrote:The low cut is dreamy. I miss having this on VR.

Me too. This will be added to ValhallaRoom in a future update. Not sure if it will be in the next VR update, as it will entail some GUI redesign. I think the next ValhallaRoom update will be pretty simple (fix dual screen issue for Pro Tools, fix downsampling issue), but we'll see what I get accomplished while I am tinkering around in there.

Sean Costello
valhallasound
KVRAF

Postby valhallasound; Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:27 am

Tp3 wrote:Back to original topic...

Sean said :

valhallasound wrote:The ValhallaRoom algorithms were designed to avoid the artifacts heard in many algorithmic reverbs (especially around the "diffusion" control), while VintageVerb embraces these artifacts. VRoom is smoother to my ears, while VintageVerb sounds wider and deeper.

Over the last week or so, I found myself drawn time and again towards VVV. I THINK that the term "wider" applies to what >I< perceive when processing with VVV.

I keep trying to figure out exactly why that is, i.e. why VeeThree is wider.

My guess is that it has to do with how spatial energy mixes in the late decay. In ValhallaRoom, I allow the user to control the rate of energy mixing between left and right, so that a signal in the left channel can stay mostly in the left channel, or quickly be in both left and right channels (and vice versa). The VeeThree algorithms have the spatial mixing "baked into" the algorithm, and it pretty much always bounces back and forth between left and right channels. Which has nothing to do with how a "real" room works, but helps things to sound nice and wide.

Sean Costello
IIRs
KVRAF

6740 posts since 24 Mar, 2002, from sheffield, england

Postby IIRs; Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:27 am

valhallasound wrote: fix downsampling issue

Whats the downsampling issue?
valhallasound
KVRAF

Postby valhallasound; Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:28 am

IIRs wrote:
valhallasound wrote: fix downsampling issue

Whats the downsampling issue?

The downsampling isn't working quite how I intended it to. A bit noisier than the downsampling in VintageVerb.

Sean Costello
IIRs
KVRAF

6740 posts since 24 Mar, 2002, from sheffield, england

Postby IIRs; Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:30 am

Thanks. I'm enjoying VVV btw :tu:
Tp3
KVRAF

Postby Tp3; Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:56 am

valhallasound wrote:The VeeThree algorithms have the spatial mixing "baked into" the algorithm, and it pretty much always bounces back and forth between left and right channels. Which has nothing to do with how a "real" room works, but helps things to sound nice and wide.

Sean Costello

That's funny.... that's EXACTLY whet Matt (the developer of Reverberate) said in a discussion I was involved here. he also said that the modulation has "nothing to do with how a 'real' room works" (or something similar), but he found that users loved this affect when it comes to Reverbs, so he keeps it like that...
Tp3
KVRAF

Postby Tp3; Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:59 am

valhallasound wrote:I keep trying to figure out exactly why that is, i.e. why VeeThree is wider.

Well, shouldn't you know ?! you programmed the damn thing ! :P
BDeep
KVRAF

2656 posts since 13 Feb, 2012, from Amsterdam

Postby BDeep; Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:03 pm

Tp3 wrote:
valhallasound wrote:I keep trying to figure out exactly why that is, i.e. why VeeThree is wider.

Well, shouldn't you know ?! you programmed the damn thing ! :P
I sometimes am under the impression that designing reverbs is something of a black art. Hard to master, full of hidden mysteries, and always subject of some debate.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects