ValhallaVintageVerb 1.7.1. Two new reverb modes (Chaotic Hall, Chaotic Chamber)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaVintageVerb

schnapsglas wrote:
Cimbasso wrote: Phenomenal work, Sean! Can't wait for your next creation. Image
No Sean! Stop making things. We can't handle all these plugs. :lol:

VVV is the best one so far, I think. Now, if you do VintageDelay...... 8)
One delay at a time, please :hihi:

schnapsglas wrote: VVV is the best one so far, I think. Now, if you do VintageDelay...... 8)
Doesn't UberMod pretty take care of that?

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
schnapsglas wrote: VVV is the best one so far, I think. Now, if you do VintageDelay...... 8)
Kinda. Well, we had ValhallaRoom, and see what we have now.

IMHO UberMod is not really a delay, it is more about pitchshifting/chorus/delay.
It could be interesting to have a kind of "Space Echo" (Boss) crafted with the Valhalla touch (well Sean's touch)...

In many ways.

hibidy wrote:
schnapsglas wrote:

A delay with the GUI style/function of VVV/Room would be awesome. Add in the freq echo mode and the pitch shifty mode from Shimmer, and you would have an echoboy/crsytallizer in one plug, and it would probably be the best delay on the market. Make it easy to use, and we already know the quality will be top notch, and it will rival any other delay on the market. Give us a bunch of preset modes/algos that sort of correspond with settings like in Ubermod/Echoboy that can be tweaked if needed. People want easy to use and tweak plugs, and don't want to be overwhelmed with hundreds of parameters (there are other plugs for that) :pray: 8) :wink: :)

But if considered, take all the time necessary to incorporate all needed parameters for functions that all the other neat delay plugins have (i.e. pattern, pitch shift, beat, multitaps, tape flutter, Binson magnetic disc, oil can, reverse, insert fx into feedback loop :-o , spring reverb algo on pre or post feedback, various beat time sig seperations, easy to use loop/record/phrase mode (aka the Boomerang phrase sampler). Above all, just make it easy to use and tweak fast like a delay pedal/processor. Study some of the current top quality digital delay pedals that model old and new delay stuff.

metalifuxx wrote:
hibidy wrote:
schnapsglas wrote:

A delay with the GUI style/function of VVV/Room would be awesome. Add in the freq echo mode and the pitch shifty mode from Shimmer, and you would have an echoboy/crsytallizer in one plug, and it would probably be the best delay on the market. Make it easy to use, and we already know the quality will be top notch, and it will rival any other delay on the market. Give us a bunch of preset modes/algos that sort of correspond with settings like in Ubermod/Echoboy that can be tweaked if needed. People want easy to use and tweak plugs, and don't want to be overwhelmed with hundreds of parameters (there are other plugs for that) :pray: 8) :wink: :)

But if considered, take all the time necessary to incorporate all needed parameters for functions that all the other neat delay plugins have (i.e. pattern, pitch shift, beat, multitaps, tape flutter, Binson magnetic disc, oil can, reverse, insert fx into feedback loop :-o , spring reverb algo on pre or post feedback, various beat time sig seperations, easy to use loop/record/phrase mode (aka the Boomerang phrase sampler). Above all, just make it easy to use and tweak fast like a delay pedal/processor. Study some of the current top quality digital delay pedals that model old and new delay stuff.
Yeah, go for it Sean. We can't give up our iloks because of Echoboy. Make us proud... :D

I just sent out the 1.0.1b15 beta release of ValhallaVintageVerb to a whole bunch of people. This includes some stability improvements, and the new reverb mode, Sanctuary. If you are a current Vee3 user who wanted the beta and didn't get it, send me a note with your email and I'll send it your way.

Sean Costello

I'm thinkin' valhallavintagefrequencyshifters with nods to Bode, 360, Keith Adkins Frequency Translator (DSOTM, Parsons), etc.

valhallasound wrote: I'd love to work on an EMT140 model, but I don't think ValhallaVintageVerb is the right place for a "real plate" model. Physical plates have very distinctive dispersion characteristics (i.e. the speed of sound varies with frequency), and this takes a lot of cycles to emulate. Meanwhile, the old Lexicon and EMT250 algorithms ran on primitive processors, so these topologies are very efficient on modern processors.

If I ever created an EMT140 model, I'd want to emulate the controls as well. Reverb time and EQ - that's all you need for a plate.

Sean Costello
This was recorded at Tera Shirma in Detroit in 1969.
It would have to be an EMT 140 wouldn't it ?
What a sound :love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh-99_1k3mE

A new Delay would be lovely - possibly including the frequency shifting stuff from FreqEcho (which still sounds amazing)

Make a distortion plugin ya fat bastard.

Beatworld wrote:
valhallasound wrote: I'd love to work on an EMT140 model, but I don't think ValhallaVintageVerb is the right place for a "real plate" model. Physical plates have very distinctive dispersion characteristics (i.e. the speed of sound varies with frequency), and this takes a lot of cycles to emulate. Meanwhile, the old Lexicon and EMT250 algorithms ran on primitive processors, so these topologies are very efficient on modern processors.

If I ever created an EMT140 model, I'd want to emulate the controls as well. Reverb time and EQ - that's all you need for a plate.

Sean Costello
This was recorded at Tera Shirma in Detroit in 1969.
It would have to be an EMT 140 wouldn't it ?
What a sound :love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh-99_1k3mE
The initial reverb sound has some springiness to it.

In 1969, a lot of studios had reverb chambers as part of their architecture (or an old bathroom that had some speakers set up in it). So it isn't a for-sure thing that this is an EMT140.

Sean Costello

I just finished some PCM & 480 presets for Vee3, you can find them in the Vee3 Preset thread. :)

BTW, can't wait to try the new algo, Simon's demos sound awesome as always.
Last edited by Cimbasso on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cimbasso wrote:I just finished some PCM & 480 presets for Vee3, you can download them in Vee3 Preset thread. :)
Cool! I'll check them out.
BTW, can't wait to try the new algo, Simon's demos sound awesome as always.
The new algorithm has some quirks to it. With certain sounds, you can hear a bit of a pattern in the longer decays. I was thinking about how to fix that, but Simon has used that sound to good effect in his examples. The way I look at it, there's already 8 well behaved reverb algorithms in Vee3, so having something that sounds *different* than those algorithms is a good thing. Plus, the modulation in Sanctuary is ridiculously lush, and sounds great on synths.

Sean Costello

Return to “Effects”