ValhallaVintageVerb 1.7.1. Two new reverb modes (Chaotic Hall, Chaotic Chamber)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaVintageVerb

Congratulations Sean,I'm not going to even demo this ,with my next paycheck I will be adding VintageVerb & UberMod to my collection so ValhallaRoom has more company in my arsenal!

Vahalla Rocks! ;-)
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

Testing VVerb on some drums/percussion:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/vverb-drum-rooms

Hi Sean

Wow! this seemed to come out of nowhere!

Probably like a lot of folks here that already have your other plugs, this has made my week. I was still trying to find a little seasonal gift to myself and this solves the problem without even having to worry about demoing! :)

Someone mentioned spring reverb and I would also like more options for this available. Is this something you can see as a possibilty for the future for Valhalla or are you more likely to stick to purely "digital" based algorithmic reverbs?

All the best :)

Thank Christ, i mean Praise Valhalla, was juuuust about to pull the trigger on Room, when BANG. VintageVerb intercepts and scores the loot. Cheers Sean, it's going straight into my live reggae set, no questions asked, no demo downloaded.

I'll just +1 everything that bmanic said, I have the _exact_ same experience with VRoom and now VintageRev. It's not a clearly negative thing but the point is that the Valhalla verbs are things you have to coax to make them work in a mix, I've never, ever been able to just slap a Valhalla verb on something and call it a day, it just doesn't blend together with a sound. To summarize: A lexicon reverb at 50% wet/dry level is one sound, valhalla room at 50% wet/dry level with no processing applied is two sounds that you have to work on to unify.

That said, great sound, great price, great product. SOLD!

EDIT= One more thing, can we please get predelay sync to host tempo? :)

Vahalllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/vverb-night-jazz
Wow, this one is nice !
Angelo Badalamenti, anyone ?

Yes, congrats Sean! I had a good time scratching the surface of the demo and had a few WOAH! moments. (Diff Early:0% Late:100% is a weapon!) :-o 8)
BTW, I read through the whole thread hoping to find the fix for the "there are no presets in the demo" thingy. Intentionally? This is on Mountain Lion.

Wha? Get the hell out! The coveted vintage reverbs for ValhallaDSP for the usual 50 bucks??!!

I'll buy it without even demoing it!

There's something in the richness of this that is excessively appealing.

@mix: I don't understand that at all, I wish I could hear examples of what you mean.

aMUSEd wrote:Is it possible to override the colour change? - I prefer the NOW look
Bump

Fritze wrote:Yes, congrats Sean! I had a good time scratching the surface of the demo and had a few WOAH! moments. (Diff Early:0% Late:100% is a weapon!) :-o 8)
BTW, I read through the whole thread hoping to find the fix for the "there are no presets in the demo" thingy. Intentionally? This is on Mountain Lion.
Probably a permissions issue on your system. I set the permissions with the installer, but what I ask Packagemaker to do, and what Packagemaker does on different Macs, are often entirely different things. FROWNY SMILEY FACE.

Check the read/write permissions on the following folder:

Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Valhalla DSP, LLC/ValhallaVintageVerb/Presets/Factory

Sean Costello

well I bought it, ya bastard. I hope you're happy. That was the money for my medication.

How's cpu? One of the best things about the vintage reverbs out there (The lex plugs, Breverb, CSR, VRoom Dark algos etc.) is the very low cpu usage. Does this have that nice low cpu as well?

how does this one compare to CSR and Breverb?
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Return to “Effects”