SampleSumo SaltyGrain 1.0 is out ! (aka KTGrain 2.0)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone, thanks all for sharing your thoughts.

If the old version still works for you, good for you.
We're just not going to keep distributing (or working on) a version that can not be maintained, let alone updated in the future. That just doesn't make sense.

At least producers, sound designers and musicians who use ProTools can now use it in their projects as an RTAS plugin, and Mac users have a good GUI and should have much less problems with this incarnation. And yes, SaltyGrain will get a few updates with new things over the coming months.

About the old .exe: it has been replaced with an image file that shows that SaltyGrain is the new version (some browsers probably don't show this properly), so that all sites where there was a hard link to it should now at least inform the user. Maybe we need to look into another way to do this...

Finally, just to rectify this: the old version never was freeware, but donation-ware. All the (or rather: the few) people who ever showed their appreciation have received a special present back from us :-)

As said already: if you have been using the old version for several years and still want to show that it is an important tool for you, then perhaps consider buying it. But if it doesn't make sense for your wallet, we're not stopping anyone from keeping the old one or using alternatives... Or you could wait for another holiday or Xmas discount period, where it might become a bit easier again to decide it is worth it ;-)

Well, there's not a lot more to be said, and I'll leave this thread alone now.
All the best, and have fun making music!!!

Koen

A hardware pedal granular delay/pitch shifter - $275
The plugin seems like good deal now?

Red Panda Particle Granular Delay/Pitch Shifter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvMkRj_c ... aQ&index=2

Used on guitar, I am sure it sounds great on synths and other sources.

From the old KTG page:

"In case you would like to donate some money you can click the button at the right. It does help a little to keep me motivated doing this in my free time, but it's no obligation at all. Feel free to give whatever you want to spend: any amount is welcome! Or, if you prefer to donate some music or books, you can visit my "wish list" over at amazon.co.uk and choose one of the items on the list. If you bought me something, please let me know, so I can remove it from the list."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donationware

"Donationware is a licensing model that supplies fully operational unrestricted software to the user and requests an optional donation be paid to the programmer or a third-party beneficiary (usually a non-profit). The amount of the donation may also be stipulated by the author, or it may be left to the discretion of the user, based on individual perceptions of the software's value. Since donationware comes fully operational (i.e. not crippleware) when payment is optional, it is a type of freeware."

updated to 1.1 now.

It's just a small minor update with the following changes:
30 new presets by Richard Devine, better MIDI learning (no need to re-start MIDI learning for each new control + easy reset for all learned controls), fixed preset handling (there was a serious where only 1 setting was actually retained in the first preset slot) + a few other bug fixes related to plugin activation.

Has SaltyGrain been abandoned?

No update since almost 5 years, no 64Bit version, 32Bit gui blank/all white in Ableton Live OS X, no new feature implementation since the launch.

Abandonware?

Neon Breath wrote:Has SaltyGrain been abandoned?

No update since almost 5 years, no 64Bit version, 32Bit gui blank/all white in Ableton Live OS X, no new feature implementation since the launch.

Abandonware?
Hi Neon Breath,

You helped me out on a thread I made recently about SaltyGrain. I've been trying to figure out what is going on with SaltyGrain development as well.

The SampleSumo website lists these SaltyGrain versions:
VST (32/64 bit), AU (32/64 bit)

Doesn't that mean they do at least have 64-bit available?

Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Thanks!

Using it without problem with Logic X (AU + VST 64bit).

My bad is it's been updated to 64Bit!

Still, wondering if any developments will take place at some point. (feature wise)

Neon Breath wrote:My bad is it's been updated to 64Bit!
Surely its always been 64-bit? That was its main advantage over the (free) KTgranulator it had been.

https://www.kvraudio.com/news/samplesum ... -off-21083
viewtopic.php?t=368697
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Neon Breath wrote:My bad is it's been updated to 64Bit!

Still, wondering if any developments will take place at some point. (feature wise)
About new features, frankly, I don't know.
I contacted him last year and'v been told that he was planning to support it for newer OSX versions though.

I've been considering purchasing it for a while now, but it's very expensive for a plugin I can't confirm will be supported in the future.

jackson881 wrote:I've been considering purchasing it for a while now, but it's very expensive for a plugin I can't confirm will be supported in the future.
Then just use the free 32bit version, I think the only new features in the commercial version is 64bit and new GUI, that's why I never bought it
Amazon: why not use an alternative

In the spec I see XP, Win 7 & 8 are supported. There's no mention of Win 8.1 or 10 ...

Hi everyone,

just a quick follow-up: I've just released an updated version of SaltyGrain (1.1.2).
It's mainly a maintenance release with stability improvements + several updates and bug fixes to make sure the plugin works fine in various current plugin hosts (it was about time, wasn't it?).

I'm currently also running a -30% discount promo (until half of August), so in case you'd like to buy the plugin (once you found it to work as expected on your system), this might be a good moment. Just letting you know...

All the best!
Koen

KoenTanghe wrote:Hi everyone,

just a quick follow-up: I've just released an updated version of SaltyGrain (1.1.2).
It's mainly a maintenance release with stability improvements + several updates and bug fixes to make sure the plugin works fine in various current plugin hosts (it was about time, wasn't it?).

I'm currently also running a -30% discount promo (until half of August), so in case you'd like to buy the plugin (once you found it to work as expected on your system), this might be a good moment. Just letting you know...

All the best!
Koen
Sounds good! Just one question though, what's your plan for the plug-in, will updates/upgrades be more of a regular occurrence now or will they be sporadical?

Return to “Effects”