What are the best Rhythmic GATE plugins?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

an-electric-heart wrote:also Uhbik T is pretty awesome
Thanks for that, I never really use that particular Uhbik and it seems it works pretty well for that purpose.

IL GrossBeat can do a lot of gates. I love the VST version. I don't know how it is in other DAW's, but in FL the VST version comes up with a piano roll and you can draw a note that's attached to a gate preset based on song position. Love that.

I use mgTriggerGate in all my tracks.

It is better han all the rest, because it doesn't degrade the sound (no distortion, no clicks, no filter engines that disturb the sound) and it is fast(!!!) and easy to use. I've tried all rhythm gates there are on this planet I think..
But I always come back to mgTriggerGate.

Downsides: doesn't have Shuffle. Only have fixed 16 bars. If any programmer would take over their old beta version and make it final I would gladly pay $40 for it.

+1 for CamelSpace. You can have multiple patterns and trigger them with midi notes. Very nice filter options too. You can use different patterns for the gate and filter and there's 2 lfos and an x/y pad. There's also a delay, pan and reverb. It's a multi-effects more than a simple gate.

Another nice, pure gate is ReaGate. You can trigger the gate with midi notes.

Uhbik-T is a great trance gate. Or just normal tremelo. With additional modulation from Lfo.s and envelopes in Numerology pro it's all I need-

Filterscape could aslo easy do these kind of effects, There are two step sequencers that could be used to modulate frequencey gain on the 6 available bands in the eq section for example.

lro's and gates and envelopes in Numerology 3 can also do lots of refined and intersting gated effects.
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

Anudder vote for LFOTool

XFER Records LFO Tool.

Also in for Reaktor users, GatorFX.

deleted
Each DAW has a different sound.

Return to “Effects”