bkFX v0.8.0 - Free Effects Suite - NEW down-/upward compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

All effects are very usable! They will see much use!
:hug:

karrikuh wrote:
Kalee wrote:Hey,

Would be cool to have both, HP and LP filters on the fixed filter instead of 1 filter with changeable mode.
I don't really see the advantage over using to plugin instances in series.
The advantage would be that you have both filters on same page, and you don't have to change page / tab when tweaking the filters :].

Kalee wrote:
karrikuh wrote:
Kalee wrote:Hey,

Would be cool to have both, HP and LP filters on the fixed filter instead of 1 filter with changeable mode.
I don't really see the advantage over using to plugin instances in series.
The advantage would be that you have both filters on same page, and you don't have to change page / tab when tweaking the filters :].
because highpass and lowpass are sittin in a tree k.i.s.s.i.n.g
miedex

Only bkPitch shows up in Sonar X1. Is there any way around this?
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

bkFX Version 0.2 Beta released.

bkmodfilter v0.2 and v0.1 open but crashes Reaper 3.78 when I record arm the track. win xp 32bit. The rest work fine I like 'em.

I tested 0.2 version today. Sonar X1 picks the last plugin (.dll) only. I renamed bkPitch.dll to bkPitch.xxx then it picked up the previous dll i.e bkModFilter and so on so forth.

So basically only one plugins is showing up in Sonar.
Last edited by satYatunes on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

why did you remove the delay beats sync option in 0.2?

rivrock wrote:bkmodfilter v0.2 and v0.1 open but crashes Reaper 3.78 when I record arm the track. win xp 32bit. The rest work fine I like 'em.
Strange, I tested with Reaper 4.2 in win xp 32 virtual machine and everything seems fine including, recording automation. Can you maybe check again with latest Reaper 4.x?

K82 wrote:why did you remove the delay beats sync option in 0.2?
The functionality is basically still there by choosing Delay Base = 1/8 note and adjusting Delay Factor (see updated reference.txt). The idea behind this change was that I wanted to be able to smoothly automate "musical" delay time intervals just like regular intervals. The disadvantage for now is that in order to achieve exact musical values, you need to fine-adjust the delay factor parameter. The GUI version of the plugin will of course allow snapping to common values like 1/16, 1/8, 1/4.

karrikuh wrote:
rivrock wrote:bkmodfilter v0.2 and v0.1 open but crashes Reaper 3.78 when I record arm the track. win xp 32bit. The rest work fine I like 'em.
Strange, I tested with Reaper 4.2 in win xp 32 virtual machine and everything seems fine including, recording automation. Can you maybe check again with latest Reaper 4.x?
Reaper 4.31 chokes on it too when I feed it audio.

I ♥ ♥ ♥ GUIless plugins. they let me focus on sound. These are great FX, karrikuh. I'm just trying them out in EnergyXT, and so far no problems.

The delay has precisely every parameter I like to see on a delay. :hihi: yay! Perfetto! When you use a calculator, you don't need a beat-sync. It's actually liberating in a way, and a little error a ms too early or late sounds pretty cool. ;) However, I like to see a beat-sync option on filters, LFOs, choruses, and FX that use Hz-s. Having said that, the delay does have a sync option. Change "base" from 100ms to 1/8. ;)

THANK YOU!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Thanks for the plugins. :)

Did you say you're open for some ideas for FX, Karrikuh? I have a wonderful idea for a delay plugin that can also be a chorus, echo, reverb even, kinda. :) The modulation part is what especially makes it a bit different from the rest. It's actually a copy of the interesting sounding fx section of Native Instruments Pro-53 [that is not supported by NI any more]. :D I don't think I've seen a delay based plugin like that anywhere, and that's sad, as it is capable of giving you very interesting results rather fast. There's also some room for improvement, of course. ;)

You can have a look at the Pro-53 manual, page 35, if you're interested: http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cac ... v63cC-prtA

I like your bkFX very much. Very usable, and that's their greatest strength IMO. Thank you!

Cheers!

Edit: Actually, your delay plugin is pretty close, and even better at some aspects than this Pro-53 one... however, if you study it a little bit, you will find that it does work a bit differently. Or rather, studying how it works could give you some ideas to make it even better. ;)
Last edited by DuX on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

I really like the delay. Straight to the point and it sounds great. .. and about that.. is there some mojo in there somewhere or does it just happen to have the "right" ranges that makes me create the delay of my ears every time? (please add a simple save function, pref on the fxb it comes with - you can never trust a host to open up the right folder on load and it gets tedious to browse every time :()
:hug:

Return to “Effects”