Anyone else holding of all reverb purchases till Exponential release?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone else in the same boat as me?

I think it will be worth it in the end, does it make sense that his reverbs will be more interesting than Lexicons?

The demos sounded mostly realistic and quite nice, but I am hoping they sound good with very long tails as well.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote: I think it will be worth it in the end, does it make sense that his reverbs will be more interesting than Lexicons?
The guy has been working for years on the PCM processors, then on the PCM Native. Why do you expect R2 to be different? I liked the Plate audio samples a lot, but it's still the Lexicon sound.

I was...but looking at the price difference between ValhallaVintage and this, I'm going for Valhalla now instead of waiting.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

re_mute wrote:I was...but looking at the price difference between ValhallaVintage and this, I'm going for Valhalla now instead of waiting.
Just got ValhallaVintageVerb so no, i am not waiting for another Reverb at the moment... :)

I guess that this is what the OP talks about:
http://www.exponentialaudio.com/R2/R2.php

Based on the fact that R2 is 6 times as expensive as "VeeThree" (and PhoenixVerb 4 times) and that it requires iLok i'll just move on with VeeThree.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I'm sure it is good based on the experience of the devs but I Can't see how it will give me anything I don't already have in Valhalla and Melda multiband reverbs.

I pulled the trigger on VVV also, Although I'm really looking forwards to trying the Exponential Audio Carnes experience I have to stick to a tight budget this coming year Sami, izonin, re_mute and Ingo. I don't think aslong as I'm being realistic in that respect I'll be able to afford them :( Even if they are as great as they will be/Have alot of confidence in them :)

Still it will be a much more decent year for me personally gear buying wise than this one, Alot of the buys are already lined-up from backlogue/the list (You know the never ending/Always somewhat in flux one!) that I wasn't able to stretch to this year :)

I hope you chaps have a good year in 2013 for everything including gear, As always all the best :tu:

Dean

I really want to like Valhalla reverbs but I just dont.

Well to me the exponential demos sound quite different from Lexicon native, just wondering what other peoples thoughts were.

Also have Aether, it does the job but I don't really like it that much.

To date my fav reverb has been Relab LX480 lite which I sold, wish I didn't now of course!
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:I really want to like Valhalla reverbs but I just dont.
Also have Aether, it does the job but I don't really like it that much.
Interesting. I quite like the sound of Aether and VRoom (still not sure about VVintage). What about these do you dislike?

I couldn't care less about another Reverb, I'm fully covered using B2 (which I think is outstanding)/Aether/VRoom/VVV/UberMod (which does great verbs too)/Shimmer/Convolution Reverbs and my old EMT 250 Hardware unit. CSR and the Sonnox Verb have been abandoned here a long time ago. For that money I would never buy the Exponential, not even demo it.

Too many people with money to burn. Even Exponential Audio's reverbs are within easy reach of most ppl here, even if they'd have to save up for a few months. It seems to me that the 'one reverb per lifetime' policy I adhere to is not too popular hereabouts. But it's a valid alternative to the buy and sell vicious circle.

ostfront wrote:Too many people with money to burn. Even Exponential Audio's reverbs are within easy reach of most ppl here, even if they'd have to save up for a few months. It seems to me that the 'one reverb per lifetime' policy I adhere to is not too popular hereabouts. But it's a valid alternative to the buy and sell vicious circle.
Neither is the holier-than-thou policy you adhere to.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

re_mute wrote:
ostfront wrote:Too many people with money to burn. Even Exponential Audio's reverbs are within easy reach of most ppl here, even if they'd have to save up for a few months. It seems to me that the 'one reverb per lifetime' policy I adhere to is not too popular hereabouts. But it's a valid alternative to the buy and sell vicious circle.
:hihi:

The software reverb market is a pretty competitive one, and there are many nice options available to suit all tastes. For my own part - I'm happy with the Valhalla-2CAudio combo I've got going. A reverb would have to pretty damn good indeed in order to both get me to pay a rather steep price AND put up with a dongle - the devs reputation notwithstanding.

I really like the sound of the phoenix verb...the R2 sounds more lexicon to me which I already have variants of. I think there is a good argument to say for having V3/Lexicon style verb and Phoenix. Id also like a good EMT250 which I miss since selling my UAD. Im looking fwd to the sknote.
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

ostfront wrote:
re_mute wrote:
:hihi:
Actually I'd like one reverb for life, which is why I am sitting on the fence with some options right now and am not really sure what to go for.

I'd stick with Aether if it did what I wanted.
Aiynzahev-sounds

Return to “Effects”