Anyone else holding of all reverb purchases till Exponential release?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aiynzahev wrote:
I'd stick with Aether if it did what I wanted.
What do you want it to do that it is not doing?

Have you tried B2?

Hi

Aether just always sounds light and airy, never thick and lush, no matter what preset I try.

I know a lot of people swear by it which is why I bought it, but perhaps it depends on musical style.

Yes I tried B2 and I thought it was really good, different to Aether.

I am picky with reverbs though, it's as though I don't hear the same way as others, so many like Vroom for example and I've tried but never liked it for long tails. I tried Vintage room immediately and didn't like that either.

So perhaps it's just my odd tastes.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:Hi

Aether just always sounds light and airy, never thick and lush, no matter what preset I try.

I know a lot of people swear by it which is why I bought it, but perhaps it depends on musical style.

Yes I tried B2 and I thought it was really good, different to Aether.

I am picky with reverbs though, it's as though I don't hear the same way as others, so many like Vroom for example and I've tried but never liked it for long tails. I tried Vintage room immediately and didn't like that either.

So perhaps it's just my odd tastes.
My main reverbs are now VRoom and VVintage. Perhaps I will be able to use them for this, but I currently have nice presets I've made for long tails in Melda's Multiband Reverb. Being able to easily* focus on very specific frequency ranges for the tail to match the instrument really works for me.

http://www.meldaproduction.com/mcreativ ... reverb.php

*of course, not that you cant do this with others especially combined with EQ or band splitting in the DAW
Last edited by Quietinthedark on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aiynzahev wrote:Hi

That's why I use it whenever I want light and airy. ;)

To me, "thick and lush" are descriptions often used for reverbs that almost sound like a complex chorus unit. I never much liked those sounds as reverbs, because they sound like an effect and nothing like a reverberation you'd encounter in real life. Hence my dislike of THAT Lexicon sound.

I love how everyone hears things differently! Spices things up.

For 'thick and lush' I use Tone2's Warmverb, normally in a chain with other Warmverb FX to create spaced-out atmospheres.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Aiynzahev wrote:I really want to like Valhalla reverbs but I just dont.

Well to me the exponential demos sound quite different from Lexicon native, just wondering what other peoples thoughts were.

Also have Aether, it does the job but I don't really like it that much.

To date my fav reverb has been Relab LX480 lite which I sold, wish I didn't now of course!
to be quite honest i think the lx 480 full version overall is the best reverb plugin i have ever heard in my life. Ever.

It edges out the pcm for me.

TheoM wrote: to be quite honest i think the lx 480 full version overall is the best reverb plugin i have ever heard in my life. Ever.

It edges out the pcm for me.
+1

LX480 is the most expensive sounding reverb plugin, IMO. Pure sonic bliss. The PCM is more for TV commercials than for music.

Aiynzahev wrote:Anyone else in the same boat as me?
No, I already own the Reverb of my dreams and will use it till the day I die.

:wink:

I think I'll either go very cheap and get the MPX or get LX480 lite again, since it was the random hall I liked the most. Or maybe go the full distance.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:I think I'll either go very cheap and get the MPX or get LX480 lite again, since it was the random hall I liked the most. Or maybe go the full distance.
Or wait for Exponential Audio. Or the next large reverb release. Or ........ :) There will always be something exciting in the horizon.

As I understand it - you don't really fancy the Lexicon sound, so I would advice you to wait for the Exponential Audio since I agree that they do sound different compared to the PCM Native - you might like them.

Warp69 wrote:
Aiynzahev wrote:I think I'll either go very cheap and get the MPX or get LX480 lite again, since it was the random hall I liked the most. Or maybe go the full distance.
Or wait for Exponential Audio. Or the next large reverb release. Or ........ :) There will always be something exciting in the horizon.

As I understand it - you don't really fancy the Lexicon sound, so I would advice you to wait for the Exponential Audio since I agree that they do sound different compared to the PCM Native - you might like them.
No that's just it, I do like the Lexicon sound. I wasn't sure at first, and I knew full well some months ago when I sold LX480 lite that I did not know how to use reverb properly to fit my style, so for whatever reason I thought I'd sell it.

After listening to the Exponential demos I thought maybe these are not quite the sound I was looking for.

In all honesty I don't think I've heard a better reverb than the Lx480 either, it's so lush.

I liked SSL's X-verb a lot which I believe is closer to the L300 (is that what it's called?) which is also lexicon.

I remember thinking the MPX native sounding quite similar to the LX480 but not as dense.
Aiynzahev-sounds

+1

LX480 Complete is my best reverb to date. It is great to have so many choices so many great developers on board. Everyone can pick up what is best for him. Valhalla, Aether, PCM to me they all have different sound. Which is very cool. To each his own.

I have

VV (didn't see THAT coming)
VR
Ubermod (yes, there is cool reverb on it!)
RP verb
Reflektor
Reverberate.

NOPE, not interested :hihi:

Aether's f**king useless... well for me anyway, my computer can run one instance, two and it's on it's knees, it's a 64bit quad core with 4 gigs of ram. I know I can down-sample... but I don't want to... I just want to complain :P

honestly i dont need another reverb i love the ones i have.

Return to “Effects”