Anyone else holding of all reverb purchases till Exponential release?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

antithesist wrote:Before I get back to a cleansing immersion in wispy ambient music making, a friend pointed out privately that perhaps the Russians have it even worse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavMtUWDBTM
That his the most hideous thing called "music" I have ever seen.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Sampleconstruct wrote: I'm tolerant but not that tolerant - as a young boy there only were 3 TV channels in Germany and this blonde spongehead with the huge black glasses singing over this incredibly shitty music with the Nazi-inspired lyrics was all over them - it's a trauma :D
I first heard about Heino in an interview with Jello Biafra from the Dead Kennedys, talking about all these kitschy records he had found. Being able to actually *understand* the lyrics probably adds some creepy dimensions to the music that doesn't come across in English.

Not to say that there isn't already all sorts of creepy going on with the guy. His whole look could be put on a sign as international shorthand for "guy that needs to stay at least 300 meters away from schools and playgrounds."

Sean Costello

Between VRoom and VVV and AAR I am all set... I don't believe there will ever be a reverb enough better than this combo to make me care...

The V's are superb especially

Sampleconstruct wrote: I'm tolerant but not that tolerant - as a young boy there only were 3 TV channels in Germany and this blonde spongehead with the huge black glasses singing over this incredibly shitty music with the Nazi-inspired lyrics was all over them - it's a trauma :D
I totally agree. Everytime i hear Heino i could jump out of the window or hit my head against the wall. :cry: :help: :bang:

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

pdxindy wrote:Between VRoom and VVV and AAR I am all set... I don't believe there will ever be a reverb enough better than this combo to make me care...

The V's are superb especially
Back on topic at least.

Fine. I also have AAR and like it.

For those who have experienced a bit of the Lexicon sound, and still feel that they have nothing of that kind, or want to discover a completely different reverb experience if they have never mused with them , I'd still recommend to test Exponential Audio reverbs when they will be released, and make their own judgment to see if they feel they are on par with Lexicon and Relab units, sonically wise.

A sonic journey I think everyone - everyone curious at least of course, so not those thinking that there will never be anything "better" -I prefer to think "different" but thats me- than what they have - will totally enjoy.

So just a message for those who like to think "different" from the hype :wink:

Btw Phoenix and R2 both come with a lot of presets.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:
Back on topic at least.
Thank you SO much for bringing this thread back in line. I don't know why people get all irrelevant and off-topic when it comes to such serious matters. Do they think making and recording music is all fun and games? Reverbs are serious business.

Let me follow your impeccable moral lead:

I know I shouldn't have done it, but I demoed ArtsAcoustic yesterday. Aside from some interface quirks and lags, this thing is really impressive, especially at higher settings... luscious tails, very detailed. Kind of reminded me of Eareverb, which is another goody, although it's a bit "cleaner" than AAR.
Lotuzia wrote: So just a message for those who like to think "different" from the hype
Well said, Grand Nagus.

But I thought the current hype was 480 emulations at a price for PROs - so different from the hype would be what?

ariston wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
Back on topic at least.
Thank you SO much for bringing this thread back in line. I don't know why people get all irrelevant and off-topic when it comes to such serious matters. Do they think making and recording music is all fun and games? Reverbs are serious business.

Let me follow your impeccable moral lead:

I know I shouldn't have done it, but I demoed ArtsAcoustic yesterday. Aside from some interface quirks and lags, this thing is really impressive, especially at higher settings... luscious tails, very detailed. Kind of reminded me of Eareverb, which is another goody, although it's a bit "cleaner" than AAR.
Lotuzia wrote: So just a message for those who like to think "different" from the hype
Well said, Grand Nagus.
Yes AAR is one of my goto verbs for a long time. Took me a bit of time to tweak it like I wanted, but now I feel at ease with it. Underated one, imho.

Eareverb is very good on acoustic sources but I did not tested it enough to make more comments on it. Its on my radar for quite some times now.

Then .... Do I sense a bit of irony in your post ? :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Well a bit of info and real interest lost in several pages of yodelling cant harm, eventually. :shrug:

LtZ

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Sampleconstruct wrote:But I thought the current hype was 480 emulations at a price for PROs - so different from the hype would be what?
There are several kind of hypes happening and developping simultaneously. Feel free to put the focus on the one you worry about. After all I do the same. Being "pro", or "looking pro" should I say according to your way to present things, is a concept that leave me absolutely cold, and have no interest for me. I therefore dont have any comments to make on this. :shrug:

I just see things in a different way, and my concerns are different from yours. Price is an obvious criteria. Sound is another one. Wallets are less extensible than desires. I know what I desire. :shrug:

Lotuzia wrote:Well a bit of info and real interest lost in several pages of yodelling cant harm, eventually. :shrug:
You can't do propa yodelling without a bit of reverb.

Lotuzia wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:But I thought the current hype was 480 emulations at a price for PROs - so different from the hype would be what?
There are several kind of hypes happening and developping simultaneously. Feel free to put the focus on the one you worry about. After all I do the same. Being "pro", or "looking pro" should I say according to your way to present things, is a concept that leave me absolutely cold, and have no interest for me. I therefore dont have any comments to make on this. :shrug:

I just see things in a different way, and my concerns are different from yours. Price is an obvious criteria. Sound is another one. Wallets are less extensible than desires. I know what I desire. :shrug:
I don't worry about hypes, what is there to worry? Your subtle hostility towards myself is legendary, I can't comment on that either.

ArtsAcoustic has also something good smelling in the kitchen to be released soon.
http://www.artsacoustic.com/news_details_27c.12.12.php

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:

I don't worry about hypes, what is there to worry? Your subtle hostility towards myself is legendary, I can't comment on that either.
So you can't comment on something you just wrote ? I will. If such a thing was even true, "legendary" would be totally the innapropriate word. You and me are just two users amongst billions of others, and legends are not tied to ordinary people. People just dont care the least what we're thinking of each other. Then, There was nothing hostile in my post : You made a comment on mine and I took some time to answer. I did not even comment a post of yours, you quoted me in the first place. End of from my side.

It seems that its not even a discussion btw : you 1rst say "I thought the current hype was 480 emulations at a price for PROs - so different from the hype would be what?" An idea wich I leave to you and was not present in my post. Ok let's say it adds to the discussion. I make a short answer

Then your next answer is " I don't worry about hypes, what is there to worry?"

So why did you comment them in the first place ?

I fail to see the logic in all that.

I propose we let it like this, this has no interest for you, me, or any reader.

PeterL wrote:ArtsAcoustic has also something good smelling in the kitchen to be released soon.
http://www.artsacoustic.com/news_details_27c.12.12.php
I know, it's GUI is really nice imo I can't wait to hear it. AAR users will get a discount, that and the sale is pushing me to AAR..

I think AAR is different enough that there is little overlap if I were to have it and get Relab in the future or whatever it might be.

Reverbs for me it seems are like Pokemon, well almost anyway.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Hi folks. I haven't been on the forum for a few days, so this is the first time I ran across this thread. I'd really like to thank you for your interest in my reverbs. It's getting very close to release time (early in January is my plan) and I'll be sure to get an announcement out.

It may take me a couple of extra weeks to get the demo program put together. That's just because there's so much else to do. To answer one question I saw here, demos will require iLok2.

I've been in the reverb business a long time, and I appreciate the passion that professionals put into their choices. I long ago stopped trying to provide the 'One Reverb'. No matter how dedicated to their Lexicons, most mixers kept an SPX-90 or an Eventide 3000 or a Bricasti (plenty of other choices in here) for that one application that the Lexes just didn't cover. That's just as true in the world of pure software. There are more than a few developers of good stuff (you might be surprised to know that most of us are quite friendly with one another). I'll be quite happy to be just one of the many choices you make.

Return to “Effects”