Anyone else holding of all reverb purchases till Exponential release?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ChiTown24 wrote:
there's absolutely no justification in the same people, bringing up the same dongle gripe, in every dongle-protected product announcement thread that occurs.
Sure there is... it is a form of advocacy. You are free to not like that people do it, but there is a reason.

Fortunately there is so much excellent non-dongled software these days that one can choose to be dongle free without a drop off in quality.

For people who are still interested in Phoenix and R2 reverbs, and should now be aware they require a dongle, I'd recommend to give them a try when they will be released.

Not only because they dont have any equivalent, or possible replacement, with non dongled software reverbs ( Some other reverbs are nice btw), but also because they dont have any equivalent ..... in the dongle software area itself as well. :shrug:

So that, basically, ..... they are just unique, great sounding, and just gorgeous.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

billcarroll wrote:I believe I have found the latest in copy protection ...

I think it's possible people pirating music making software might outnumber the people who refuse to buy software that is dongled. I wonder what the numbers are.

In any case, while the dongles are a pain, if the product is amazing (as I'm sure the new reverbs from Michael Carnes will be) I'll load more licenses on dongle cat if I have to :lol:
I've been watching the development of the dongle cat for some time now and I have to say it is obviously the solution for the future. I just hope enough people will get on board to make it work.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Lotuzia wrote:For people who are still interested in Phoenix and R2 reverbs, and should now be aware they require a dongle, I'd recommend to give them a try when they will be released.

Not only because they dont have any equivalent, or possible replacement, with non dongled software reverbs ( Some other reverbs are nice btw), but also because they dont have any equivalent ..... in the dongle software area itself as well. :shrug:

So that, basically, ..... they are just unique, great sounding, and just gorgeous.
i'm sure they're great... but i'm also sure i can continue making music w/o them :)

Hi folks,
I've just updated www.exponentialaudio.com to announce that the web store opens next week and my plugins will be available for purchase. Those of you who've already been in the business of selling plugs will know just how scary that is. Thanks for your interest, whatever your stance is on the various hot-button topics related to plugins. See you back here from time to time.

looking forward to monday... all the best Michael
rsp
sound sculptist

billcarroll wrote:I think it's possible people pirating music making software might outnumber the people who refuse to buy software that is dongled. I wonder what the numbers are.
And I'd also venture to say that there are even less people who work on the honor system. Meaning IF a piece of software gets cracked then they are less likely to pay for it. Even if they have the money for it.

It sickens me to see studios and musicians that are making a lot of money using pirated software. Or at least I assume they're making a lot if they can sell out 5,000 seat clubs and are working with major label artists. They got caught red handed on YouTube videos...I wish I still had the links. It also sickens me that within the first 3 search result pages AND on the pop-up search term you have references to cracked software on the #1 search engine in the world, Google.

Now you have people talking about 3D printers and what type of intellectual property theft will come from such devices. "File sharing" will look like child's play when people are "printing out" cars and such. If those things become a reality...oh boy.

11 Pages about reverb, dongles and so on haven't read.

Did listen to the R2 demoe's, nice sounding and wondering what new algos, functions and sounds these bring to the table. I am aware of the vast experience and kudos the developer has with his background in Lexicon, software development and algorithm programming areas. Be interesting to see what the CPU usage is like.

I have to wonder as there's so many reverbs in the arsenal already Aether, B2, Valhalla, Lexicon, Trueverb, Earverb, Blueverb, Liquidverb, Talverb, Tsar, BReeze, Space and the usual suspects for impulses (Nebula, Audioease, Waves IR-L).

Be interesting to see how it weighs up with the other verb being released in the similar price bracket or less at this time :

Sknote Rev250, Relab LX480.

Ran into this searching for other stuff:
http://getthatprosound.com/the-10-best- ... orld-2013/

Some names not mentioned before - in my book anyway.

lfm wrote:Ran into this searching for other stuff:
http://getthatprosound.com/the-10-best- ... orld-2013/
Nice to see Sean on the list, isn't it?

Haha, yeah, with a category all of its own: "NASA inspired reverb" :D

EDIT: Michael, now it's up to you to get Exponential reverbs in the next iteration of that list ;-)

BDeep wrote: Michael, now it's up to you to get Exponential reverbs in the next iteration of that list ;-)
One of the things about growing as a person is to be better than your younger self. For me though, it's never been quite so tangible. 8)

Galbanum wrote:
These examples obviously lean in the "instant ambient space music" category. They don't have to be this extreme to get good "lushness"... The "Thematic" folder is also good for "larger than life" type stuff.

Enjoy.
Just changed my mind on Aether (as I said I am a reverb dunce), it turns out none of the presets are really what I want, but when I get around to experimenting I am really getting some nice sounds.

I find that I don't really like the modern freq curves very much at all, much preferring the natural and dark when it comes to my main reverbs, the others will definitely have their uses.

Anyway, it's different from the LX480 but for what Aether is it is extremely beautiful. I guess 90% of the presets just do nothing for me and that's been half of my problem. Once I started to craft my own it was like I'd never heard Aether before until now.

Good for me! I am much happier with it now, I am also starting to get a grip finally on how to use reverb. This has definitely been the most obscure part of mixing for me.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Been working with mostly R2 and a bit of Phoenix today.
Outstanding reverb.Very deep and powerful but easy to use.
The presets are universally excellent and are very well organized.
Covers a ton of ground!!
Anton Evans
Please visit
http://www.villageworkscanada.com

henge wrote:Been working with mostly R2 and a bit of Phoenix today.
Outstanding reverb.Very deep and powerful but easy to use.
The presets are universally excellent and are very well organized.
Covers a ton of ground!!
Exactly this. Its nearly impossible to make Phoenix and R2 sound bad.

These reverbs tend to do exactly what you expect them to do, without affecting the clarity of the original signal.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Return to “Effects”