Cthulhu looks interesting.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bitcrusher wrote:
Kenit wrote: I hope that xfer will fix the 64bit version of Cthulhu.
x64 Win is fixed! (less I curse myself by saying so)
update (1.01 beta) is now in the Cthulhu forum for reg'd users on www.xferrecords.com

Formal video will be up this weekend, I'll try to get a less formal one made tomorrow!

-Steve
Thank you Steve!
Now I have no problem.
Cthulhu 64bit is running on Studio One 64bit for win :D
I love your work.

WOW! That was quick!

Great job Steve. It works fine now. I surely feel idiot being so impatient at times.

Kenit wrote:
bitcrusher wrote:
update (1.01 beta) is now in the Cthulhu forum for reg'd users on www.xferrecords.com

Formal video will be up this weekend, I'll try to get a less formal one made tomorrow!

-Steve
Thank you Steve!
Now I have no problem.
I love your work.
Kenit,

Sorry ... if you've time, could you post a short, idiot-proof list of steps on how to set this up and use it in Studio One (I assume you are using version 2 or 2.5) Would be much obliged.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

lingyai wrote:
Kenit wrote:
bitcrusher wrote:

-Steve
Thank you Steve!
Now I have no problem.
I love your work.
Kenit,

Sorry ... if you've time, could you post a short, idiot-proof list of steps on how to set this up and use it in Studio One (I assume you are using version 2 or 2.5) Would be much obliged.
1.Insert Cthulhu with the track.
2.Make some long notes on the track of Cthulhu.
*Not the arp seq of Cthulhu. Write on the piano roll of Studio One.
3.Choose the arp and chord presets.
4.Push play button. You hear the melody by Cthulhu.
5.Turn off the purple speaker to mute the audio from Cthulhu.
6.Insert your VSTi with the track.
7.Choose "Cthulhu_x64" in the input slot of the VSTi.
8.Now your VSTi play the melody.
*You should highlight the track of the VSTi.
9.Record it and you get the original melody :D

Kenit wrote:
lingyai wrote:
Kenit wrote:
bitcrusher wrote:

-Steve
Thank you Steve!
Now I have no problem.
I love your work.
Kenit,

1.Insert Cthulhu with the track.
2.Make some long notes on the track of Cthulhu.
*Not the arp seq of Cthulhu. Write on the piano roll of Studio One.
3.Choose the arp and chord presets.
4.Push play button. You hear the melody by Cthulhu.
5.Turn off the purple speaker to mute the audio from Cthulhu.
6.Insert your VSTi with the track.
7.Choose "Cthulhu_x64" in the input slot of the VSTi.
8.Now your VSTi play the melody.
*You should highlight the track of the VSTi.
9.Record it and you get the original melody :D
Thank you sir!

braj wrote:
bitcrusher wrote:Cthulhu plays one arp at-a-time though it holds 12 different pattern-sets in memory at once (in one preset). Driving several other tracks as in a Synth Layer, well, this specific routing depends on the host. I'd be happy to try and clarify further but I'm not completely sure what you're going for and what host you use.
I think that clarifies it for me, I was hoping it would be like an 8 in 1 arp engine that would show up as 8 midi outs to be used as inputs in a VSTi on another track. I use Live BTW and am eager to get my hands on the demo. Thanks for posting the link to the manual, I'll check it out.
@braj: I don't think you can do this in Live easily (even if Cthulhu did provide that functionality). Have you tried this with other midi plugins? The only way I have gotten it to work somewhat is in plugins that can output the midi channels directly, like Sugarbyte's Consequence. Can Cthulhu output directly to the IAC bus in that fashion?

I'd also like to try thaqt demo when it is available.

UncleAge wrote:
braj wrote:
bitcrusher wrote:Cthulhu plays one arp at-a-time though it holds 12 different pattern-sets in memory at once (in one preset). Driving several other tracks as in a Synth Layer, well, this specific routing depends on the host. I'd be happy to try and clarify further but I'm not completely sure what you're going for and what host you use.
I think that clarifies it for me, I was hoping it would be like an 8 in 1 arp engine that would show up as 8 midi outs to be used as inputs in a VSTi on another track. I use Live BTW and am eager to get my hands on the demo. Thanks for posting the link to the manual, I'll check it out.
@braj: I don't think you can do this in Live easily (even if Cthulhu did provide that functionality). Have you tried this with other midi plugins?
Well midi plugins in Live work fine, if outputs were available it seems just a matter of setting up the correct routing with the various outputs.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

video or demo coming?

analoguesamples909 wrote:video or demo coming?
Yes…

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

braj wrote: Well midi plugins in Live work fine, if outputs were available it seems just a matter of setting up the correct routing with the various outputs.
There is a limitation in live. Even if a plugin has multiple midi outs it will only show up as one midi output in the routing drop down box. Like in Consequence it has 3 outputs, one for each engine, but in live you can only select the one that gets routed to the first midi out

Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant

This is really clever and a complete no brainer . Didn't really understand it from the blurb, but Steve's stuff is special so I bought it. The chord concept is fantastic. I am a music school piano grad so I know how to play a little. Just the ability to jam random things and follow a flow is fantastic.

Just spent the last hour going "Ha" and "Wow" so much so, the wife came in and asked what was up !!!!!

Well done very very cool

woodsdenis wrote:Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant

This is really clever and a complete no brainer . Didn't really understand it from the blurb, but Steve's stuff is special so I bought it. The chord concept is fantastic. I am a music school piano grad so I know how to play a little. Just the ability to jam random things and follow a flow is fantastic.

Just spent the last hour going "Ha" and "Wow" so much so, the wife came in and asked what was up !!!!!

Well done very very cool
Until the video appears, can you share, in a nutshell, what's so cool? I'm intrigued, but as you say the blurb doesn't convey so much...

Thanks for the quick fix Steve.
That's what I call customer service :)

lingyai wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant

Well done very very cool
Until the video appears, can you share, in a nutshell, what's so cool? I'm intrigued, but as you say the blurb doesn't convey so much...
The first thing that got me was the chord mode. They are the chord progressions from well known Bach and Classical pieces built in. Played consecutively you would get most of the piece. You do this by playing chromatically up the keyboard. There is no direct correlation to the key you press and the chord. Just by trying different key presses you get some amazing progressions. You can of course assign any chord to any key ( up to 128 ) if thats what you want to. Its more difficult to explain, than to just do it if you know what i mean.

There is also an Arp ( I havnt stated on that one yet !!!!) :D

to go along with that ^

You can also sort the chords but high or low note, or by circle of fifths or chromatic. So if you want to get a different feel or progression you can hit one of those and instantly have a new set

Return to “Effects”