Cthulhu looks interesting.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

could you get another guy to speak in the chuthulu for logic video?

whatever accent he has its too thick
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

realmarco wrote:could you get another guy to speak in the chuthulu for logic video?
whatever accent he has its too thick
That is a user-made video. Chapter4 of the Cthulhu manual is dedicated to routing in Logic with the IAC bus. Here is some additional information:
Its best to grasp the concept of IAC (which is Logic specific, since AU has no MIDI Out).

Cthulhu outputs its chords/arp to the IAC Bus, which is a "Loopback driver", it routes the MIDI (through CoreMIDI) back to Logic's MIDI inputs (Cthulhu's MIDI is now appearing to the input of Logic, just like any MIDI controller, Logic doesn't know any different).

With no changes to the environment, Cthulhu would be "Playing itself" when the Cthulhu track is record-enabled, because all MIDI inputs go to record-enabled track by default. This is a "MIDI Feedback Loop" and undesirable. So the only way to record-enable Cthulhu's track is to remove IAC Bus from Sequencer Input, which is why there is the Environment cabling needed if you want to "play" Cthulhu from a MIDI source (as opposed to simply penciling notes on a piano roll, in that case no environment cabling is needed, and simply record-enable the desired destination synth and not Cthulhu's track).

The Environment cabling described in the manual takes the IAC bus input, and routes it directly to the desired synth.
Therefore you can record-enable Cthulhu at that point, and "play Cthulhu" from a MIDI controller, and still hear your desired synth.

Now, to print chords to the destination track, this environment cable must *not* be present, so:

- MIDI clip(s) should be on Cthulhu's track to trigger Cthulhu
- Remove environment cable, so IAC Bus is now going to "Sequencer input" with all MIDI inputs, as it normally does.
- Record-enable your destination synth track
- Do not record-enable Cthulhu's track, since it would be "playing itself".

Also, you want the latest Cthulhu AU in the Cthulhu forum (1.01b8). Clicking the added button by "CTHULHU" on the top of Cthulhu will reduce latency. Audio Preferences "I/O buffer Size" (e.g. 32, and Apply changes) should make the timing near-perfect.

Hope this helps!
Steve
Xfer | Cthulhu

cool thanks, great plugin,

The video of you demoing with the other guy he came up with some interesting daft punk esque sounds eh

your drum machine has some really cool precalc effects

i'd be interested in a seperate plugin with all the effects of Nerve

you should do the tutorial yourself,
the Nerve tutorial you made was good

btw i love your Ott compressor on weak rompler drums.

EDIT: did you name your plugin because of the video game ?

or is it a book !?!

realmarco wrote:cool thanks, great plugin,
The video of you demoing with the other guy he came up with some interesting daft punk esque sounds eh
:-) David Alexander is a monster keyboard player and great producer too (Prima Volta)
your drum machine has some really cool precalc effects
i'd be interested in a seperate plugin with all the effects of Nerve
Some precalc effects need to be sample-based (such as bend and stretch) but most of them can be realtime... I have a NerveFX plugin actually which I plan to give away to Nerve users / sell for some small price to others. I need to make a GUI for it and testing, etc..
you should do the tutorial yourself,
the Nerve tutorial you made was good
Thanks, I feel it is mostly a matter of comprehending the information I wrote above / reading the manual, but I know we live in an age where people learn from videos instead of reading..
did you name your plugin because of the video game ? or is it a book !?!
Cthulhu is a 'character' from a book originally, and then later game/more books/internet sensation. In this case the plugin was named by deadmau5 who requested the chord portion in the first place, and he also suggested to integrate the arp (which was a separate plugin) which I think was a smart move..

Steve
Xfer | Cthulhu

I'm sure H.P. Lovecraft would be proud that a plugin was named after a great old one. :)

Looks like a cool plugin incidentally...

bitcrusher wrote:
Rajah wrote:Is it me, or, this plug does not load presets in demo mode? :?:
Hi Rajah, Yes it loads them.

One point of confusion is that the presets should be loaded from within Cthulhu's GUI, not through the host interface - because Cthulhu is two-plugins-in-one in a sense, the presets included with the demo are either arp or chords. So you should use the Arp or Chords preset menus within Cthulhu itself. The next beta (up for reg'd users soon) will allow for loading either type of preset through the host interface.

If they aren't appearing in those menus, make sure you have copied the Cthulhu Presets folder alongside the VST.

Warm Regards,
Steve
Xfer | Cthulhu
Thanks Steve... It seem to be a problem on my part... My Graphic Card is buggy...
See you added 'Drag and Drop' to Cthulhu (Not available in the Demo... Will really like to see these new features until I buy this week..

Thanks..

Rajah wrote: Thanks Steve... It seem to be a problem on my part... My Graphic Card is buggy...
See you added 'Drag and Drop' to Cthulhu (Not available in the Demo... Will really like to see these new features until I buy this week..
Thanks..
Sure thing!
There is Drag-and-drop *from* Cthulhu now, in the latest beta available to registered users in the Cthulhu forum. This allows for drag-export of individual chords (auto-named based on the chord identification) or a 1-bar Arp pattern on the currently-selected chord.

-Steve
Xfer | Cthulhu

Hey Steve, you mentioned beta 1.08, but I can't find it on your forum. Did you pull it?

bM3w wrote:Hey Steve, you mentioned beta 1.08, but I can't find it on your forum. Did you pull it?
mis-type on my part, 1.08 is what I have here but it isn't uploaded / quite prime-time yet :)
-Steve
Xfer | Cthulhu

I wonder what's in store for 1.8... :)
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

This is a great plug. I'm glad I bought it.

bitcrusher wrote:
bM3w wrote:Hey Steve, you mentioned beta 1.08, but I can't find it on your forum. Did you pull it?
mis-type on my part, 1.08 is what I have here but it isn't uploaded / quite prime-time yet :)
-Steve
Xfer | Cthulhu
That explains it 😊 Thanks!

hey bit, is OTT supposed to be such a Cpu hog ?

i play 1 drum track with it on insert , its doesnt use much

then i do the same for another track which arent playing together in the timeline

but my cpu meter goes to 50%

with the song stopped it doesnt go down.

the only way to have the cpu meter go down is to click bypass on the 2nd instance of OTT

im on Logic pro 9.1.8
OS-X 10.6.8

2X 2Ghz dual core intel xeon with 5gig of 667 Mhz DDR2 FB-DIMM

realmarco wrote:hey bit, is OTT supposed to be such a Cpu hog ?
my cpu meter goes to 50%
the only way to have the cpu meter go down is to click bypass on the 2nd instance of OTT
You could try re-downloading it, I added in some denormal fixes at one point.
I'm not sure the update will fix your issue, but it might, so feel free to let me know. If not, maybe you can create a simple logic file which exhibits the problem and email it to me (you can contact me through the contact form on www.xferrecords.com)

-Steve
Xfer | Cthulhu

bitcrusher wrote:
realmarco wrote:hey bit, is OTT supposed to be such a Cpu hog ?
my cpu meter goes to 50%
You could try re-downloading it, I added in some denormal fixes at one point.
I'm not sure the update will fix your issue, but it might, so feel free to let me know. If not, maybe you can create a simple logic file which exhibits the problem and email it to me (you can contact me through the contact form on www.xferrecords.com)

-Steve
Xfer | Cthulhu
yeah sorry about that its not OTT

this logic song is behaving weirdly, first i thought it was ott but now its logic's compressor i side-chained it to a drum track on a pad track if i turn off the compressor eveything is fine but then un-bypassing it during playback makes the cpu meter jump

Return to “Effects”