Cthulhu looks interesting.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

track is stopped im going on the mixer page alt-click on OTT to turn on and off

argh! now it is OTT that Jumps the Cpu meter

nevermind i dunno what the F is going in on with logic

gonna D/L Ott again (BTW i have to use google to get to the OTT page on your website, there are no links directly on the website to the freeware even in the "products"
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

realmarco: I put a new OTT up a couple days ago which fixes a potential spike in the audio on startup, which could derail other plugins in Logic.

there's a new 1.01b9 Cthulhu beta up for registered users as well (in Cthulhu user forum on www.xferrecords.com)

bitcrusher wrote:realmarco: I put a new OTT up a couple days ago which fixes a potential spike in the audio on startup, which could derail other plugins in Logic.

there's a new 1.01b9 Cthulhu beta up for registered users as well (in Cthulhu user forum on www.xferrecords.com)
Cheers, Duda!

Thanks for the updates :)

Does Cthulhu allow the user to link the patterns in the arp together? In other words can you have Cthulhu play pattern A, then B, then C etc. etc...

If not, this would be an awesome addition.

If it can, how?

no, but you can automate the pattern selector, so you can do it in the host

So attach the patterns to CC commands? It would be cool to have this as a built in feature. I.E. map the patters to C1 through B1 or something like that.

the pattern field shows up as an automatable parameter. So, at least in ableton, you can click on one of the pattern letters, A/B/etc, and then it will be selected as your automation parameter 'pattern', and you can modulate/automate that

I'll be adding a way to trigger patterns from MIDI notes in to the next beta.
Right now my plan is to use a MIDI channel (e.g. Ch4) to Cthulhu to trigger the Arp pattern changes. Of course in Ableton Live this means creating a MIDI track and routing it To Cthulhu.

If anyone thinks that would be non-ideal, they can speak up :)

bitcrusher wrote:I'll be adding a way to trigger patterns from MIDI notes in to the next beta.
Right now my plan is to use a MIDI channel (e.g. Ch4) to Cthulhu to trigger the Arp pattern changes. Of course in Ableton Live this means creating a MIDI track and routing it To Cthulhu.

Works for me. Another option would be to have a configurable octave on the main track, like kontakt / exs24 key switching.

bitcrusher wrote:I'll be adding a way to trigger patterns from MIDI notes in to the next beta.

Great stuff! 8) Also like the idea an octave for performance but what does the midi channel mean for other hosts? Can you route midi this way in Studio One..?

I was wondering if there are plans to extend the pattern length beyond 16 steps although automating the pattern can do this. Will the trigger be syncable to different timing divisions? :)

Cheers!
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Anything that works in Live is fine by me

is it possible to have a polyphonic arp

I mean hold 1 note and arp up to the octave

hold a Chord and have it arp up to the octave at the same time

realmarco wrote:is it possible to have a polyphonic arp
That is what the existing Chord Mode switch in Cthulhu will do, if I understand your example!
-Steve
Xfer | Cthulhu

bitcrusher wrote:
realmarco wrote:is it possible to have a polyphonic arp
That is what the existing Chord Mode switch in Cthulhu will do, if I understand your example!
-Steve
Xfer | Cthulhu
cool, must get that.

i have the demo but have no idea how to make it work reading the manual for just a demo ...meh

could u make a step by step guide how to make it work in logic, please.

Return to “Effects”