Massey TapeHead VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sendy wrote:Well, it does what it says on the box. "Tape head". It simulates a tape head. Just a single tape head, hovering in a vacuum.
It's true, I think I read somewhere that you still need to buy virtual tape to go with it. I think Steven Slate sells that.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

No sound here too, Reaper 4.32 and Ableton Live 8...

Well, can we apply the famous maxim "No sound is good sound" ?... :)
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Wow, I assumed this was a Cubase problem, but looks like they released a complete dud! Too bad, I've heard great things about their effects.

I hope the chaps don't mind me sharing the response I got via email:
Kevin from Massey wrote:We are working on it now.

We think its a mono vs stereo issue. Our DEMO is mono only which we believe is causing some issues with the DAWS.

Please stay tuned for a DEMO update soonly which will alleviate the situation.

We want you to enjoy Massey Plugins as much as other folk have. :)
Sounds like they already know what's up, so hold tight, folk...

They took the demo down, I assume the next time it's up it will work.

i remember this plug-in it didnt sound bad i used it for snares.
Last edited by wsaidah on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Here is what Steven says. :)

kevin

---------------------

Hello Folks,

Sorry for wasting your time. It's certainly not our style to release sloppy work. We know many of y'all work professionally in audio and don't have the bandwidth to screw around with broken software.

Obviously the plugin has been working fabulously on all our test machines. We have been testing rigorously on a dozen different VST hosts for the past several months.

We think we've narrowed down the problem. It arises when installing the demo on a "virgin" machine that has never seen our plugins before. After running an authorized/full version at least once, the issue with demo is not to be seen again. This is why we and our beta testers didn't encounter such a ubiquitous problem.

We are patching the demo installer now and will get it up in a few hours after another round of verification.

Thanks for your understanding,
Steven Massey

This just in:

Some of you may be familiar with my "Listen" plugin. Well just consider that the follow-up "Don't Listen" plugin.

We now have a refreshed demo installer up (v3.10.4490). We hope this treats everyone a little better!

Thanks,
Steve
Massey Plugins Inc.

Cool, thanks Massey guys! I can only imagine how many problems you can run into with this many hosts and formats. :S

Works and sounds great here (Tracktion 1.6.something NFR, Reaper 0.99). Great stuff!
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

Tested in Samplitude Pro X Suite.

It process everything in MONO.

Don't handle stereo, so there is still a bug somewhere.

The demo is mono-only. No drop outs, now beeps, no expiration "use as long as you want" How cool is that?

But if you want stereo (and you do of course :)) you need to buy it.

This sounds great by the way, only tested it on a synth so far. I'll buy when it's 64-bit probably.

Looking forward to the rest of your plug-ins!
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Wow - been wanting to try Massey on my VST/PC for a long while. The demo works in Reaper 4.31 (wIN7 32BIT) now thanks. I run some of my plugs mono anyway so if I end up using it I'll definitely stop bay and lay down some ducets. :tu:

Sorry, MONO processing is not a bug, but a limitation of the demo.

The full version process STEREO too.

Aiynzahev wrote:The demo is mono-only. No drop outs, now beeps, no expiration "use as long as you want" How cool is that?

But if you want stereo (and you do of course :)) you need to buy it.
or use 2 instances of plugin?

Return to “Effects”