Massey TapeHead VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

True, but I'd feel guilty using it after the demo period.
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

That tape delay looks tasty

Jafo wrote:True, but I'd feel guilty using it after the demo period.
There's "demo period", I ran it as a demo for about 0ne year and a half. This is one of the great aspect of Reaper, no real demo you buy it when you want.

This is 32 bit right? Can't find that info.

They should compile a 64Bit version ;)

samsam wrote:This is 32 bit right? Can't find that info.
Yeah, it appears wrapped for me in 64-bit Cubase 7.

Sounds f**king great on a snare though, holy shit.

kevin_of_mpi wrote:
FeelingMachine wrote:Dam i thought it was all the Massey plugs converted to VST !!

I've always wanted to try the CT5 comp and L2007 Limiter.
In regards to the 1st part.....

They Will be. :)
We are planning on rolling out our plugs throughout the year.

In regards to the 2nd...

The next couple will most likely be the VT3 EQ and the CT5 Compressor.

Please Stay Tuned.

Further, if any of y'all have any questions or concerns, please feel free to check out our forum at
www.masseyplugins.com/forum or drop me an e-mail me at help@masseyplugins.com.

Cheers!

Kevin
Hi Kevin, first time i have ever seen someone release native mac plugins that are vst only, not AU. i have seen the reverse of course. but in any case, that's strange, and something i hope you will attend to.

Secondly, i am sincerely surprised you have released a 32 bit version in 2013..this should have gone straight to 64 bit.

very very strange tactics.

In any case, good luck with it.

wow tried it in studio one and i am actually upset now! this is THE plugin i have been looking for to replace the softube saturation knob from reason in logic and something finally released that's 100X BETTER than the softube and it's vst and 32 bits only! :smack: :dog:

This is like a warmlifier and loudifier for single tracks deliciously, exactly when something just needs that "touch extra".

I am going to try it with the free au wrapper right now, but even if it works i doubt i could get past the 32 bit as

1) i have no other 32 bit plugins whatsoever
2) hate the logic bridge with a passion
3) would use this quite liberally, which means more logic bridge headaches and more gui headaches

3) will make sense to anyone who uses logic 64 .

Massey, give me good news! I WANT this!

I think it makes perfect sense to release a 32-bit plug-in; that's what most people still use (for the record, I would love a 64-bit version too, I just don't think it's so expected that we can call them "strange" for not providing one. Probably a big headache for them.)

TheoM wrote:
kevin_of_mpi wrote:
FeelingMachine wrote:Dam i thought it was all the Massey plugs converted to VST !!

I've always wanted to try the CT5 comp and L2007 Limiter.
In regards to the 1st part.....

They Will be. :)
We are planning on rolling out our plugs throughout the year.

In regards to the 2nd...

The next couple will most likely be the VT3 EQ and the CT5 Compressor.

Please Stay Tuned.

Further, if any of y'all have any questions or concerns, please feel free to check out our forum at
www.masseyplugins.com/forum or drop me an e-mail me at help@masseyplugins.com.

Cheers!

Kevin
Hi Kevin, first time i have ever seen someone release native mac plugins that are vst only, not AU. i have seen the reverse of course. but in any case, that's strange, and something i hope you will attend to.

Secondly, i am sincerely surprised you have released a 32 bit version in 2013..this should have gone straight to 64 bit.

very very strange tactics.

In any case, good luck with it.
Mastermind, there are still *masses* of people using 32-bit software and OSes, but they're too busy making music instead of posting in forums, probably. ;) Especially when it comes to ProTools, it's very tricky to go 64-bit just now, and not many have ventured into it, yet. Especially the ones that do just the mixing part in PT, there's absolutely no need to go 64-bit, as we have more than enough memory to play with. 2Gb is soooo enough for the purpose, and there's no other benefit than that if you go 64-bit. Just *issues* of all kinds. When it works, don't touch it. ;) Look before you jump, man. Don't look at everything from your angle only. 64-bit is only needed for people who use megalomaniac symphonic orchestra sample libraries and such, so I guess you are one of these. [besides, 64-bit plugins use more CPU for nothing, sounds the same]

On topic: this sounds nice. :D Love it. Absolutely better than the Softube one, yap. :D I'm looking forward to other Massey plugins, and then we'll see what to do "about it", and your pricing is just right. :lol: Thank you sooooo much for releasing them in VST format. :tu: yay!

Cheers!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

TheoM wrote:it's vst and 32 bits only! :smack: :dog:
You do realise some people have waited half a decade (or longer) for a Massey VST, and the first thing you do is attempt to start a 64-bit crusade?

KVRAF worry me sometimes :shock: :dog:

Cool that you like the plugin though; now you understand why people have been dying inside to acquire any Massey VST they can port over.

I'm saying this as someone who wished for it to happen for years, but never fully believed it would, until the other day :D

Don't be surprised if more posters rebuke thee for thy ungodly sin :lol:

On a side note, I bought it. I will buy them all if they are the same calibre. Voodoo I tell you. Voodoo who do what you don't dare do people.

audiosabre wrote:
or not, let the focus get back on the plug-in

audiosabre wrote:
TheoM wrote:it's vst and 32 bits only! :smack: :dog:
You do realise some people have waited half a decade (or longer) for a Massey VST, and the first thing you do is attempt to start a 64-bit crusade?

KVRAF worry me sometimes :shock: :dog:

Cool that you like the plugin though; now you understand why people have been dying inside to acquire any Massey VST they can port over.

I'm saying this as someone who wished for it to happen for years, but never fully believed it would, until the other day :D

On a side note, I bought it. I will buy them all if they are the same calibre. Voodoo I tell you. Voodoo who do what you don't dare do people.
um there's also plenty who won't buy ANY non 64 bit natives. I'm one of those.

To mastermind above your post, thinking that 64 bit plugins are more inefficient clearly shows you have no experience with them..oh wait.. you haven't.. you're on pro tools.

logic 64 performs cpu wise around 20% BETTER than it's already amazing 32 bit performance.

proven by multiples of multiples of users.

You're right bluedad. Thanks for pulling one back for the KVRAF :)

So far I like it on all the usual suspects; kick, snare, bass, some synths. Haven't tried it on the mix or vocals yet, but I sure will do at some point.

I've not found a use for the bright setting; it always seems a little bit brittle for my taste. Maybe I just don't like bright tape.

Anyway, Massey seem like a cool trio. They fixed the demo within 24 hours and have a really nice demo policy. They're sound as a pound in my book. Can't wait for the EQ and limiter...

No doubt the 64 bit version will eventually be sorted.

This plug does indeed sound great. So much so that being skint I tried to find an alternative in my current arsenal. Luckily I found one, but doesn't take away from this being a nice-sounding easy to use plug.

Return to “Effects”