DMGAudio updates for all plugs... And AAX!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TheoM wrote:congrats on release. I am so tempted to re buy equality but am just waiting with baited breath for this new super eq you are planning Dave.. i hope it's not too far away.. for the time being am making do with alloy 2, which is pretty decent.. Equality/equick combo are still the best eq on the market though, overall. Any discount for returning customers? :hihi:

:razz:
Owners of DMGAudio plugins will see chunky discounts on the new EQ.

It will be cheaper to upgrade to the new EQ if you've already bought EQuality and/or EQuick than to just buy it outright.
(You'd need to have bought it before the EQ comes out, so you have a month or two)

So I wouldn't hold back, I'd buy in early. That's the premise (as always): discounts for people who get in early.

Or, in other words: respect, for the family.

This offer will ONLY apply to people who have their license at the time; so if you've sold your license on, there won't be discounts.

Theo, I have a solution to make life easier for you. Every time you (just you) request a license transfer, your transfer cost will double. In about two more transfers, the transfer fee will cost more than the product. This is a kindness, not a cruelty, to help you make up your mind whether you're in or out. Sometimes having too much choice makes life a lot harder. I hope this will make it easier! :)

Dave.

Edit: Who knows whether I'm being serious or not (about Theo)? I don't! Lets find out! :D
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

Huh? LOL and all good mate but i did only ever sell your stuff one time, and only because i really did give reason a go 100% and we know they don't work in reason.

I sold almost everything that time.. the only stuff i sell off now is stuff from years ago i don't use or 32 bit plugins,

but since being BACK to logic i am proud to say i have not sold of a single plug in that i have re bought.. so that's since 5 months:)

Yes, i have the lexicon bundle in the marketplace now, but i have an exceptionally good reason for that. It doesn't work properly. at all. (on mac) and there is no eta on a fix.

In other words, if i buy dmg again, i won't be selling it. Why do you think i am so slow in my decision making? how it's taken me months and i still can't decide? cause i don't want to do what i used to do.!
Last edited by ObsoleteAcc99 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DaveGamble wrote: EQuality v1.17->1.18
Improve HPFs.
So, better sound or what? More "smooth"? Equality's HPF was already best in the market, so I'm wondering what you have changed :P

smile, and thanks Dave.
Image Image

Ok one more time, since Dave seems to be active on this thread:
Eleventh wrote:Dave, I really like the GUI and workflow of this EQ and I anxiously await for the new "ultimate" equalizer plugin you've hinted at.

There are however some minor issues I've encountered when using EQuick, which I'd like to share here, and perhaps you can take these into account when designing the upcoming plugin. I also have some ideas about how to improve the usability by improving on the buttonless, minimal approach of EQuick.

I'll start with the issues:

1. The right click action of inverting the band is very confusing. Some people have mentioned this earlier in this thread, and it was the main reason I almost gave up on using EQuick when I was first demoing it. I would suggest that you let the user decide whether to use it or not, by having an option in the setup menu with at least the following alternatives:
off/bypass band(s)/invert band(s)

2. When Ctrl+clicking several bands to bypass them, the band selection is cancelled, so I have to select all the bands again if I want to re-enable them. Makes quick A/B testing of bands a little difficult. Please make the selection stick until I explicitly make another selection. (If the option to use right click for bypass is implemented, this should of course also apply in that case too.) I would also like Alt+double-click to delete all the selected bands. There's currently no way to delete several bands at once?

3. The band listen mode is momentarily disengaged when I move the band and at the same time adjust the Q with the mouse wheel.

So, nothing major, just little easy-to-fix glitches :)

Then some usability improvement ideas:

1. I really liked the workflow with Fabfilter's Pro-Q which only has a few buttons at the bottom of the plugin, but when using EQuick I realized that you actually don't need them at all. You're already making good use of modifier keys and the mouse, but what would be even better is being able to control all the parameters of the selected band(s) with the mousewheel. For example:

Ctrl+mwheel = adjust gain of selected bands
Shift+mwheel = adjust frequency
Alt+mwheel = adjust Q
mwheel only = zoom (already there)

These would of course work regardless of where the cursor is, as long as one or more bands are selected, and would obey the mousewheel sensitivity setting.

2. Make the Q of newly created bands depend on the zoom level. Sometimes I like to zoom in a lot in order to notch out narrow resonances for example, but when I double-click to create a new band the Q is very wide compared to the zoom level.

So there you have it. I hope you'll find these suggestions useful. If implemented, it would certainly be the dream EQ workflow, for me at least.
8)

—- Also some ideas for Compassion:

1. Add an On/Off toggle button for the sidechain and main eq categories for easy A/B testing, maybe in the corner of the small graph overviews. When using doubleclick to bypass the EQs I almost always move the band by accident.

2. Let user select the parameter which is shown on the overview panel by right-clicking on it in the submenu.

That's all for now. Hope you have the time to read through this. =)
Sorry if you read it before but I hope this finally catches your eye! :D

Oh and did you get the student license application I sent you?

DaveGamble wrote:That's a massive problem. Scroll wheel is completely host-specific. What host are you using, so I can investigate. And which plugin format?
Sonar X2. VST 64 bit. Thanks!

TheoM wrote:In other words, if i buy dmg again, i won't be selling it. Why do you think i am so slow in my decision making? how it's taken me months and i still can't decide? cause i don't want to do what i used to do.!
That's really cool to hear. You know EQuick was largely aimed at you :P
Anyway, I'm proud of this change in direction; I think it'll help you focus on your music making, and that, after all, is what it's all about. :D

Good to be on-thread with you again after a while of me being offline!

Dave.

keel wrote:
DaveGamble wrote: EQuality v1.17->1.18
Improve HPFs.
So, better sound or what? More "smooth"? Equality's HPF was already best in the market, so I'm wondering what you have changed :P
Specifically, handling of DC. I'm sure no-one but me cares, but now they fully attenuate DC in the Phase modes. :)

Dave.

Eleventh wrote:Ok one more time, since Dave seems to be active on this thread:

Sorry if you read it before but I hope this finally catches your eye! :D

Oh and did you get the student license application I sent you?
Sorry I've not acknowledged receiving this yet, but I have received it several times, and all is good.
There's a lot of good stuff in there, and it needs a proper reply, so rather than rush, I'm putting a proper reply together. :)

The student application has gone astray, however :/ Can you mail stuff to dave at, as per, and I'll get it sorted.

Cheers!

Dave.

eigens wrote:Im getting clicking with pitchfunk 1.03 on ML 10.8.2. S1 v2.5. Anyone else? 1.02 is fine. Ive installed the latest 1.03.
Any takers ! 1.02 pitchfunk works fine but 1.03 pitchfunk - clicks/stutters the audio :(

eigens wrote:
eigens wrote:Im getting clicking with pitchfunk 1.03 on ML 10.8.2. S1 v2.5. Anyone else? 1.02 is fine. Ive installed the latest 1.03.
Any takers ! 1.02 pitchfunk works fine but 1.03 pitchfunk - clicks/stutters the audio :(
What does your CPU meter read? Has CPU usage gone up? :o

Dave.

DaveGamble wrote:
eigens wrote:
What does your CPU meter read? Has CPU usage gone up? :o

Dave.
CPU normal. I have also tried it on my laptop ML 10.8.2 with Reaper 32 bit and same problem. Clicking in some presets. For example preset Dub Thunder Gate 2

Moonlight wrote:
DaveGamble wrote:That's a massive problem. Scroll wheel is completely host-specific. What host are you using, so I can investigate. And which plugin format?
Sonar X2. VST 64 bit. Thanks!
With thanks to Alex Semichev if this works...

There's a bug in EQuick (which I've now fixed) that means that if you have "Graph Readout" set to Analyzer or Both, the mousewheel does not work. Fix will be out shortly. Try setting to None or Graph to see if this fixes it :)

Cheers!

Dave.

I see the sample rate bug is still there for Pitch Funk: that the delays are out of time at 48kHz.

And there's a scratchy / crunchy sound that's there pretty much all the time with PitchFunk now. It definitely isn't there in 1.01 (which is still on my system). What's weird is that it is most obvious with Dry/Wet set 0. The delay time and feedback amounts affect it - it's more obvious the higher the delay time is set to.

Hmmm, on further testing it appears if I switch to Async, it goes away until I next load the plugin.

Return to “Effects”