What is one VST effects plugin you can't live without?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

srv-musikmaker wrote:TAL Reverb,CamelCrusher,BootEQ MK II,Leftover Lasagne's Pushtec !
Music is the essence of life.

https://www.srvmusicmaker.com/

Yeah, well said, all you PC users having blue screens you should better stop using cracked software because that's what you get for being a crook!

[gosh I'm gonna vomit...lol]
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote:I suppose when you hear one, you actually hear six? So when you order one beer, you expect to be given six? :D That's a good Irish measure, I agree, bailees7irish. :D

Oh, Omnisphere is the best VSTi out there fullstop. I think all the other developers are just trying to achieve what Omnisphere achieved already. Best VSTi, ever. I've heard you can make your wife have an orgasm [depending on the speakers, of course, having a sub is preferable] just by listening to some Omnisphere sounds. No joke. :-o They're so deep they can vibrate your body parts in a really pleasing way. :shock:
And my favorite part, creating any sound you imagine from scratch :D

DuX wrote:
OzWozEre wrote:
DuX wrote:No, you don't have to. NyquistEQ is free to use. :)
Mac OS X PowerPC VST ??? :shock:

That's a shame, thanks for helping, I hate it when that happens :cry:
Never mind. It's not your fault you've chosen a platform that is not supported with plugins as much as PC one. And it's not your fault that about 147.765 VST plugins exist for PC, when there's only 1563 for OS-X. Shame, really. It's probably because 95% of the people choose to buy a PC, developers amongst others. So if you wnat to be "exclusive", you can easily be "exclusive" by buying a Mac. So exclusive actually that nobody wants to make programs for it. It's what you opted for by going "Mac" - exclusiveness, literally. :) :tu:

But PCs are so terribly unstable, prone to viruses, and in general unreliable. I'm having a blue screen every hour, and it just doesn't let me work. It's so unstable and I've got 33.5 viruses on it + two antivirus software and they still can't keep it clean! PCs are so hard and in general terrible to work with. It's so hard to find pictures of my sexy cousin on it every time. Gosh I wish I had a Mac and the great "Finder" app. I've heard stories it can even find the keys to your house for you! Not to mention your TV remote control! It just works! ;) They're so reliable and so easy to work with. :cry: You can literally get rid of your brain and let your Mac work everything out for you, or so I've heard. Gosh, I wish I had money for Mac. :)

not really. /*sarcasm*
Sarcasm is such a great tool ! :wink:
Music is the essence of life.

https://www.srvmusicmaker.com/

I apologise to everybody involved, I was being utterly sarcastic, and making fun of you.

I think totally the opposite of everything I said. I know PCs can be completely reliable and great when set up properly, no viruses or antiviruses etc. I also think Omnisphere is a no-worth, expensive memory hog.

My apologies. It's not fair, it's Internet therefore so easily misinterpreted. I'm sorry. I can find pictures of my sexy cousin on my PC every time, I can guarantee you that. :D

Cheers!
Last edited by DuX on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

No apologies!!! I blame KVR for promoting these heathens!!!

We must rise up and claim our Free Mac Plugins!

SYNTHEDIT BE DAMNED!!!

:)

(peace)

BuzzMaxi 3, Blockfish, Classic Delay, The Sonitus Reverb and the version of Guitar Rig that came with Sonar 8.5. I use those on just about everything.
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

112dB Redline EQ.

I actually don't think I have an effect that I couldn't live without. I guess I would say EAReverb as I use it a lot. I also use Camelspace a bit and I use Guitar Rig quite a bit too. I like Etch too. I don't really reach for a particular effect more than any other. I just depends on what I'm doing at the time.

Effects are probably where I could most improve my tools although I don't really know what I want. :shrug:

It changes daily so I guess none?

I'd be pretty bummed if I didn't have markstudiobass 2 though. THAT is really terrific for bass!

Froqqer wrote:valhalla vintage verb
fixed!

:D

OzWozEre wrote: Don't these ding-dong-dime-a-dozen PC only VST plugin developers know that we snob Mac users actually *buy* our software?

Hell, we're so used to paying through the nose for our Mac gear that dropping extra cash on software is seen as an honourable duty!

Hell! If they started making Mac versions, not only could they sell a few to righteous Mac users -- if they made their plugs Mac ONLY -- they could charge double price!!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go open my wallet again!

:)

P.S. As soon as folks start realising that there is a *direct correlation* between blue-screens-of-death and warezzz-cracks, the better off they will be, regardless of what OS they're using! :shock: :love:
I loled (not at you, just at the post :D )

can't live without is a pretty high standard but...
the one I'd cry the most if I couldn't keep using is Valhalla Room

for everything else, I have a few acceptable alternatives.

I could get the same sounds as Valhalla, or 75% the same anyway, from another plug, but I can't dial them in as easily.

Audio Damage Discord 3.

I don't use it very often, but when I do there is really nothing else I know of that is a suitable replacement in native plugin format.

Other than that, there are definitely some effects plugins that I think are superior to others, but I can't honestly think of a any other plugin that I couldn't replace with something else and still be happy. We have a lot of great options these days.
"The Juno 60 was often incorrectly referred to as a synth. It is, in fact, a chorus unit with a synth attached." -PAK

FerricTDS, Stripbus, Antress Seventh Sign, Breverb.

Just that, would go a helluva long way in any composition for me.
Snare drums samples: the new and improved "dither algo"

Return to “Effects”