What is one VST effects plugin you can't live without?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Non-native obviously.

It's your go-to plugin. It's the one you'd purchase 3 times if you had to. It's the one you use most often.

Just trying to get a discussion going here and get some ideas. Name your genre/style as well!

For me, it's the Sonalksis TBK3 Compressor - it's a monster. I use it for most everything. Second comes the OtiumFX Sonitex - great for making things sound a bit more vintage. Third comes You Wa Shock! - good for making things sound "tighter", for lack of a better term. Squeezes it all together.

Genre: everything

Pro Q

Every time.

None.. there is no VST effects plugin I cannot live without.

Soundtoys Radiator. I think or is it ValhallaDSP Vintage?

I like rock music and EDM and I'm getting into 90s video game music.

Radiator plugin is special to me I like to make my music sound none DAW ish I want it to sound like it was all done on hardware from the 80s and warm so Radiator is my warm it up hide the DAW sound plugin.
Last edited by Kaboom75 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The one I use the most is probably tone2 Bifilter. It's just such a solid and diverse swiss army knife and I use it for creative and corrective/mix control effects.

Genre: Nah. :hihi:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

NyquistEQ.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Adrennalinn Sync for my guitar
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Pro Q

tehlord wrote:Pro Q

Every time.
vaisnava wrote:Pro Q
Damn, sounds like I have to dig into the 'ol pocket and cough up some cash for these babies then.

I must admit there GUI/design looks simply gorgeus, and I guess, from all the +positive comments I keep hearing, they sound awesome too.

:love:

No, you don't have to. NyquistEQ is free to use. :)
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Amplitube.

Camelspace

Another Pro-Q here.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

S-Gear. A real guitar amp in tone and feel - amazing.

I can't think of any plug that is absolutely crucial for me, there are always great alternatives out there.

Return to “Effects”