What is one VST effects plugin you can't live without?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

solidtrax wrote:
BERFAB wrote:
solidtrax wrote:
BERFAB wrote:
I have backup utilities for just about everything else in my arsenal, but CSR, I found, is truly unique.

Cheers
-B
CSR was pretty impressive.... ages ago. Today, I'm enjoying my reverbs from ValhallaDSP and Exponential Audio. Have you tried those?

If you have the money, try LX480, it's like a Lexicon 480 reverb in a plugin! It's from the same developer as CSR. Looks like he moved on too! :D
I find the concept of "outdated" reverb humorous. Take a space with great acoustics. The passage of time will not make those acoustics any less great (discounting, of course, the effects of wear and tear on the physical items in the room).[..]

-B
Sorry, I read my post again and I understand your reply. Let me clarify something, as it was not my intention to say that CSR sucks and all new reverb plugins are better.

What I tried to say is that when CSR was released, there was not a lot of competition. It delivered a reverb sound previously not heard from a native reverb plugin. But things have changed. A lot of different reverb plugins have been released since then, like the reverbs from ValhallaDSP, 2CAudio, Softube, 112dB, Lexicon and many more. Today, CSR is still the same sounding reverb as when it was released, this I will not deny, but it's not alone anymore, there is a lot of competition. You probably will not find a reverb that does exactly what CSR does, so if it's exactly that what you are looking for, I'm not stopping you from using it. In the end, with reverb it is all about taste. Some people HATE the Lexicon sound, some people LOVE it.. and this can be said for most reverbs, both hardware and software.

So, not dissing CSR.. I should have said that I have found other reverb plugins that better suit to my reverb taste. :D

Peace? :oops:
My vst folder is filled with other reverbs. Perhaps the priciest of the lot that I bought is the 2CAudio stuff: Aether and Breeze. I specifically got Aether because of its amazing flexibility. It is very clean and crisp. And Breeze is the same but with fewer gymnastics required for tweaking. But I never quite got it where I wanted it.

I still use Breeze sparingly on certain things. And, like I said, I still have other algo 'verbs in my arsenal as well. But the sound in my head is CSR, and it's nice to now be able to use it again.

Peace.
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Of course, NI just released its take on the Lexi gear today. I'll be checking those out as well. :D

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

thisone. seriously. it's absolutely fabulous. best analyzer imo.

http://sevenphases.wordpress.com/spectrum-analyzer/
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

(dc8c, timeless, valhallaroom, barricade)

The FLUX Epure has nothing special at first. But when the morphing slider enters in the game, nothing can competes with. The sound is refined and glitches never happen even with extreme morphing.

Valhallaroom and Alloy
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

Nebula.

Masr wrote:Nebula.
+ 1000. After that I might say Amplitube's new CS models as well as TSE and Ignite various plugs.

DMG EQuality / EQuilibrium / Compassion

VRoom / Ubermod

Audio Damage Dubstation

Ableton Saturator

Voxengo SPAN and MSED

Once everything in a project is mixed down to audio I could almost work using these plugins alone :)

If I had to choose just one: EQuality (soon to be fully replaced by EQuilibrium)

Cheers

Scorb

JUST ONE???!!!

Not only impossible, but sadistic and cruel to ask ;)

Variety is the spice of life!

1. Vengeance Multiband Sidechain

2. Fabfilter Pro Q

3. EAReverb
Finally!

have we count all plugins now or are still a few left? :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I have a few that get used in every project, often multiple times. They are: VTM, VCC, Amplitube and BFD2. Then there's Valhalla Room, and VVV. Oh, and EQuillibrium (used to be EQuality). I'd also really want to keep DIVA around. And the UA 1176 and LA-2A Collections.

So yeah...that one.

brok landers wrote:thisone. seriously. it's absolutely fabulous. best analyzer imo.

http://sevenphases.wordpress.com/spectrum-analyzer/
Care to share? Link for download doesn't work any more. Always interested in checking out a new spectrum analyzer.

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

murnau wrote:have we count all plugins now or are still a few left? :lol:
I was thinking the same thing

Return to “Effects”