What is one VST effects plugin you can't live without?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Well, as a Reason user mainly (beside Reaper which acts as my main VST host) I would miss "The Echo" the most I think. Playing around with it for 6 months now and I am so excited which kind of effects only this unit can replace (I love the additional feedback breakout jackts on the back - sound designers paradise).

So as an VST equivalent it would be either Valhalla UberMod, FXpansions Bloom or u-hes MFM. Some sort of creative delay plugin. But I don't own them so it's only guessing right now.

With only that I am able to do choruses, ensembles, reverbs, delays, special fx, pitch shifting etc.

For now it would be NastyVCS. It's the only plug in that's on every Reaper channel. I am so used to work with channel strips. And this one is funky! The results are marvellous. Absolutely badass EQ (so warm & musical + low boost&cut at the same time), dope gentle compressor (so lush), int lc/hc sc, signalpath switching, saturation + gain in trim, lim + gain out etc. Everything I need for most of my tasks. Only a proper gate is missing so I have to use prefix for that. :)

Cheers,
Sebastian

delet me.
Kind regards, Nick at ArtsAcoustic

Toss up between IK Black 76 and Klanghelm DC8C.

Guitar Rig & Amplitude.

KONTAKT *and many dozens of libs

All HollowSun, PrecisionSound & SampleTekk libs

TB Barricade & TB Essentials.

Love SKnote StageSpace, VerbTone, & Presence.

Lexicon LXP bundle.

Valhalla Everything.

Oh never mind . . . all of them!
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

lolz!

iZotope Ozone 5!

ontol wrote:If plugins were to be taken off my system, I'd probably notice my Valhalla stuff missing first, and miss it the most.
+ 1, though I could live without it (more or less) I'd miss ValhallaÜberMod the most.

TAL Reverb
Music is the essence of life.

https://www.srvmusicmaker.com/

Revalver.

Even when I'm not using the amps in it, I'm still using it as a rack/host for other amp sims.
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

AD Replicant

AD Ronin
AD Bigseq2
DiversionFX cm

I could work with any old EQ or compressor if I had too, same with reverb to a lesser extent (would miss vroom though... :)) but these three are pretty unique and I'd be be hard pressed recreating sounds I can achieve with them.

I guess Reaktor should be on my list, totally unique stuff in there that I could never replicate with other plugs.

Pro-q and after him valhallaroom

I don't know that there's any one plug that I absolutely couldn't live without, but I'd definitely notice the absence of my Relab and Exponential Audio reverbs. And Pro Q, which has become my default EQ.
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

I have a few vst effects I can't live without...

Ik Multimedia 670

DDMF EQ Pro & NY Compressor

Valhalla Valhalla Room.

Return to “Effects”