Native Instruments Reverb Classics (RC24 & RC48)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

24 is really, really good. One of the best reverb there. It's sound just like I want reverb to sound. Truly awesome. Great work softube / NI. :clap:

Not sure I'm liking what the 24 does to get its stereo image. I noticed a little extra high end sparkle coming in on the right side so I started crossfading between L/R and it seems kind of a funky.
miedex

@midnight wrote:
Shangsean wrote:It's probably very good, but when I can get B2 for a similar price, it's not so enticing.
Does B2 even have anything to do with the classic Lexicon sound...?
Also, B2 is like 10 times heavier on the CPU than RC 24/48 and Valhalla and PCM etc.

Well, I must admit that I didn't expect much after listening to those dreadful demos on the NI site. But they are pretty great and since I'm mainly working with scoring stuff, I prefer 48. Great GUI, natural, transparent sound. As good as Relab's plugin is..and much cheaper + doesn't require damn iLok.

i really like how they sound; but they simply cost too much;

ill wait for the 50% discount period

@midnight wrote:
Shangsean wrote:It's probably very good, but when I can get B2 for a similar price, it's not so enticing.
Does B2 even have anything to do with the classic Lexicon sound...?
Thankfully no. :) Not that I see anything wrong with "the lexicon sound" but the way I see it is if you want "the lexicon sound" you have about a billion options now. If you want the 2CAudio sound, you have only one... :D

Back in the "glory days" a studio might have a 480 and TC System 6000 and an Eventide 8000 etc. Today you can choose any one of the plethora of good Lex clones (or Lexicon itself), and a 2CAudio verb or two of your choice and cover a lot of ground...
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cimbasso wrote: Also, B2 is like 10 times heavier on the CPU than RC 24/48 and Valhalla and PCM etc.

Can be, true. Depends on the preset. Lowest CPU usage preset compared to highest might be approaching a factor of 1:200! Lowest will be below these other products (but lowest CPU usage presets are more geared towards delay FXs in our case). Highest will be MUCH higher, as you state. Average preset will be higher, agreed.

Our algs are simply more complex than the "nested allpass loop" structure used by Lex and clones. We use a modern approach, and achieve completely artifact-free behavior which remains uncommon even now based on my recent analysis...
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galbanum wrote:We use a modern approach, and achieve completely artifact-free behavior which remains uncommon even now based on my recent analysis...
Would you say this is also true with the newest reverbs eg. from Exponential Audio?

4damind wrote:
Galbanum wrote:We use a modern approach, and achieve completely artifact-free behavior which remains uncommon even now based on my recent analysis...
Would you say this is also true with the newest reverbs eg. from Exponential Audio?
I would rather not talk about other company's specific products out of respect for them and general politeness given my understanding of the tremendous amount of work that goes into bringing a reverb plug-in to market...

Many of the recent products have some cool design features. It's a cool time for reverbs in general.

Galbanum wrote:
4damind wrote:
I would rather not talk about other company's specific products out of respect for them and general politeness given my understanding of the tremendous amount of work that goes into bringing a reverb plug-in to market...

Many of the recent products have some cool design features. It's a cool time for reverbs in general.
Indeed it is! I really do love my Aether.. and B2 also. And I like the Valhalla plugs also. But I did not own any of the other Lex specific plugins, and I am really really loving the sound of these two badboys. I know this is really dumb to say because I wake up with far too much gas often.. but I feel pretty much covered as far as reverbs go now. :)

Good work Softtube and NI!

Here is a little tip to emulate the exact frequency response of the original Lexicon 224 with valhalla vintageverb (or any other reverb emulation plugin).
As you probably know, the audio bandwidth of the original 224 was around 8kHz (due to 20kHz sampling rate).after analyzing the NI RC 24 with voxengo spam,i found out that the bandwith was at 8.2 khz ,valhalla vintageverb is at 11.2 khz,so to emulate that response just use voxengo curveEQ or any other eq with a hard cutoff (as shown in the image below)at 8.2 khz.

My audio tests (after carefully placing the freq. crossovers and decay times at the low/medium/high frequencies) between valhalla vintageverb (bright hall algo.)and NI RC 24 (hall algo.)was almost identical. :)

...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

Well VVV doesn't exactly suck :lol:

I don't know, I really have no need for verbs other than to make huge overthetop guitar mega 80's sounds to play the same 3 chords over, but man, these are absolutely fantastic for that! :wheee:

ok these sounds stunning. Will not go much more into it, but they are highly on my list.

sergiofrias wrote:Here is a little tip to emulate the exact frequency response of the original Lexicon 224 with valhalla vintageverb (or any other reverb emulation plugin).
As you probably know, the audio bandwidth of the original 224 was around 8kHz (due to 20kHz sampling rate).after analyzing the NI RC 24 with voxengo spam,i found out that the bandwith was at 8.2 khz ,valhalla vintageverb is at 11.2 khz,so to emulate that response just use voxengo curveEQ or any other eq with a hard cutoff (as shown in the image below)at 8.2 khz.

My audio tests (after carefully placing the freq. crossovers and decay times at the low/medium/high frequencies) between valhalla vintageverb (bright hall algo.)and NI RC 24 (hall algo.)was almost identical. :)

Interesting. To say the least. :D

Sean Costello

sergiofrias wrote:... was almost identical. :)
Can you please put this into more quantifiable language? To what dbFS level does a comparison signal null?

I ask because I've noticed that there are people here who can't hear a difference between... well, anything. :)

EDIT = Just by quickly testing this by ear, I can't get VVV to sound anywhere near "identical" to the RC24.
Last edited by Liero on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I was wondering when this was going to happen and now it's going to take the fun out demoing these :lol: Someone is going to come up with all the down things about them "technically" instead of the joy of just listening to them :hihi:

Return to “Effects”