Native Instruments Reverb Classics (RC24 & RC48)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TheoM wrote:
antithesist wrote:hibidy: Are you liking one better than the other? [24 or 48]

I'm still holding out for half-price. I don't know enough about NI sale trends to predict when (and if) that might be. Maybe early summer? I think they did their last 50% off sale a couple months after releasing one of the native effects bundles.

I'm trying to spread it out these days and have enough NI/Softube. I don't want to get any more invested with most of the developers I already have, but these are at the top of my list for Native Instruments. In fact, they're the only thing(s) on that list.

Stay thirsty, Locutus.
I'm all about the 24. Its modulation and hall sound rich and wonderful. The 48 just isn't as nice (but still nice) and then you try the relab one and realise how awesome a real 480 is, and that softube didn't nail it quite as well as I first thought. I don't even know if the 24 is accurate, but I absolutely LOVE it. I pitted everything I had against it for a large moving hall, but not huge,just nice and big (ie not eos or warmverb type), and it was the absolute dogs bollocks for me (for our USA friends that means friggin awesomely sick as :grin:)

I can't recommend it enough, the 24 that is, and I think anyone could benefit from having it in their reverb toolbox, and yes, even people who own v room, cause that's totally diff :)

ESPECIALLY for people that use 2caudio stuff, this will give you a completely different flavour to complement it :)

Relab is definitely phenomenal, but I can't justify the cost right now - even though Tony currently has it on sale. Another option might be to just get the RHall and upgrade later.

2cAudio... also incredible. I especially love B2, but they are all good.

I'm okay with the 24/48's not being 100% accurate as long as the mojo is there. For $99 for both I would probably just get the bundle (I think the current price for the individual ones is about $72 each).

I'm kind of like you, Theo, except that I'm a "shithead" especially for reverbs. :oops:

I love how sometimes a reverb can totally alter your sound and make it into something else. Imo, a reverb can be more important than even the sound source that you feed into it. Meaning... that sometimes a "crappy" sound source is exactly what's needed just because of how it lights up the verb (in a way that a slick and polished source might not be able to accomplish). I've also been experimenting with cascading different combinations of verbs. Sometimes a particular verb might not be the "best on the block" by itself, but it might be very useful in how it interacts with another verb in sequence. So, in a way, it's all good... just more tools to play around with!
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Well it sounds totally different to the Valhalla stuff for example. They complement, less so with vintage verb of course though, which can do this sort of sound from memory.

Valhalla stuff is absolutely the pinnacle of quality, and the developer is one of the very best as a person.. But i was also one of the ones that couldn't get along with the products. It's like dc8c, I know its one of the best comp plugins on the planet, but I never use it as feel uncomfortable with it. We are all different at the end of the day. For me it was that with all the algorithms and sliders I felt I would endlessly tweak v room and not actually just use it. I'm all for minimalist (I guess why I also prefer breeze over aether). UAD emt 140', there's another one, super simple. That's just how I roll. (I think I now realise why I don't click with dc8c or sdrr even :dog: :lol: )

If one has vroom and loves it, you will get much mileage still out of the rc series.. If you have VVV and use it a lot and love it, you might want to skip these and get v room if you haven't got it, or maybe Phoenix whilst its on sale :) or RP verb which is now at its lowest price in history at the pro tools expert site :)
Last edited by ObsoleteAcc99 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheoM wrote:
Sequent wrote:
hibidy wrote:Yep. I've gotten QUITE my moneys worth with them. Are you demoing?
I originally demoed when these first came out. That has long since expired. I might try to see if I can somehow get another demo.

"QUITE my moneys worth" sounds like a very good recommendation though.
The demo doesn't expire. Mine of the 24 is still working a year or whatever later, just time limited :)
This is good news! For some reason I was under the impression that my demo had expired.

Just one nag screen man, one click and you have full functionality :)

Nope, you'll get 30 minutes of demo goodness unless something has drastically changed I'm not aware of (I just demoed the premium tube series and it had the same demo as when I demoed the verbs.)

Hence why I said time limited, I'm going to smack you. I meant full functionality in that, for that time limit there are no beeps, whooshes, or dropouts :)

Hm, I had wanted to play around with it once more before deciding whether to pull the trigger, that's why I had mentioned it. But let's face it... I probably don't need to even do that! :hihi:

I do remember the 30 min limitation then you just have to restart it.

Be sure to read up the short but informative manuals.

One thing that get's over looked by a few is the "pre echos" on the RC48.

You've got 5 more days it's on sale, good luck resisting :hihi:

Thanks you guys for setting me straight on the demo details. Last night I was able to reinstall the demos so that I can take these for another spin. ("spin" - get it?)
I don't know why I was thinking that my demo time had expired or that there even was such a limitation. So, now I can take another look and decide whether these are something that I might want to add to my setup. :)

Oh you will!

After demoing RC24/48 and VVV.... I just bought VVV. Didn't like the slow modulation on the background that I couldn't remove on NI Reverbs. They are not bad, but more for effects, rather than pure halls. Didn't manage to make NI reverbs to sound linear, but I think it's not their goal even. But they are good to spice up some audio materials.

One of things that occurred to me is that I totally understand someone wanting long rich tails just using VH stuff vs these. I have a tendency to use verb for guitars (lightly unless I'm just jamming out which I've stated then I like full stereo wank mode :hihi: ) snares, maybe a drum room ambiance, just as a general "dryness" fixer.

I know not everyone agrees but what I like about these are how "crisp" they are. The controls take a bit of getting used to but they aren't anything too weird. There just was a certain "hifi" sound that I like about them.

Ymmv.

I have to totally agree about the RC24...quite simply the most stunning reverb ever.

The RC48 didn't do it for me either, but I never really liked the real thing.

I never used a real 224XL so I don't know about accuracy but Theo is right to use his metaphors.... but I would have used donkey's not dog's.

Clever demo too- I mean I used it for like 6 months and kept reloading it ....then I just couldn't let it go.

Yeah it's just fantastic man. :)

hibidy wrote:One of things that occurred to me is that I totally understand someone wanting long rich tails just using VH stuff vs these. I have a tendency to use verb for guitars (lightly unless I'm just jamming out which I've stated then I like full stereo wank mode :hihi: ) snares, maybe a drum room ambiance, just as a general "dryness" fixer.

I know not everyone agrees but what I like about these are how "crisp" they are. The controls take a bit of getting used to but they aren't anything too weird. There just was a certain "hifi" sound that I like about them.

Ymmv.
I think you are right here. They can suite guitars very well!

Return to “Effects”