Native Instruments Reverb Classics (RC24 & RC48)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

RC 48 is fantastic, it reminds me so much of the good old days in the ECM studio...

Here is a little Impro with Lounge Lizard 4 processed by RC 48:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/l ... eets-rc-48

Yeah another reverb! Hang on whilst I try and sound enthusiastic...

@ this price I'd rather get the Exponential PhoenixVerb. Not really comparable, but I honestly prefer the sound to that Lex sound. I AM A HERETIC! :ud:

I'll try the demo though, could totally blow my mind...

TheoM wrote:Oh just saw you get the 224 also.. this will be exciting to compare it to the UAD.

Now all we need is a stable reasonable priced emt 250 and emt 140 plate emu , and with slate VTM< basically the UAD no longer would have anything up it's sleeve we can't get in native :)
Empty Room System has had a native EMT 250 for over 2 years now.

The UAD has compressors and delays that native can't beat. Try the Neve 33609 bus compressor and the mkII 1176 collection.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

How's the cpu usage? Will be tough to beat ValhallaVintageVerb on that front.

electro wrote:
TheoM wrote:Oh just saw you get the 224 also.. this will be exciting to compare it to the UAD.

Now all we need is a stable reasonable priced emt 250 and emt 140 plate emu , and with slate VTM< basically the UAD no longer would have anything up it's sleeve we can't get in native :)

The UAD has compressors and delays that native can't beat. Try the Neve 33609 bus compressor and the mkII 1176 collection.
Native can't beat? It's all code. All of the UAD stuff could be ported to run on native processors and they would sound exactly the same. The processor used has nothing to do with the sound.
You are currently reading my signature.

There seems to be a lot of outside help for NI making effects plugins...

In any case.. Not sure what the Lexicon's sound like, but as a reverb, these new NI reverbs sound good to me (esp RC48). Wonder if this is more of what we'll see in Komplete 9 - more effects plugins than sound generators.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:How's the cpu usage? Will be tough to beat ValhallaVintageVerb on that front.
Judging from the demos, they won't beat VeeThree on any front..orchestral and piano demos sound awful.

$100 VeeThree & Room bundle is more versatile, less costly and far more musical imo (after listening to the demos on NI site).

anything what those plugins can do what valhalla plugins cant?

so whats free about the demo?

Caine123 wrote:anything what those plugins can do what valhalla plugins cant?
In RC 48 you can spread out the early reflections graphically by dragging (4 of) them with the mouse, that also makes for some interesting FX patches and strange slapbacks.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
In RC 48 you can spread out the early reflections graphically by dragging (4 of) them with the mouse, that also makes for some interesting FX patches and strange slapbacks.
Like this:

electro wrote:

ERS version is buggy on logic and the demo is giving me issues and the dev is hard to converse with.

yet i do love his chorus, it's my favourite chorus plugin of all time. (yes, MUCH better than the UAD dimension)

as far as "The UAD has compressors and delays that native can't beat. Try the Neve 33609 bus compressor and the mkII 1176 collection."

UM.. no. Bzzzz. Wrong answer.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:

Sampleconstruct wrote:RC 48 is fantastic, it reminds me so much of the good old days in the ECM studio...

Here is a little Impro with Lounge Lizard 4 processed by RC 48:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/l ... eets-rc-48
sounds SOOO good! :D
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Dont want to be a heretic but I always thought the Lexicon 480 was the most over-rated, over-priced and badly designed reverb ever. Oh boy that LARC controller was so obnoxious.

For me the Lexicon 300 was way better.

Return to “Effects”