Native Instruments Reverb Classics (RC24 & RC48)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's probably very good, but when I can get B2 for a similar price, it's not so enticing.

It certainly will be interesting to see what Komplete 9 includes though.

Sampleconstruct wrote:RC 48 is fantastic, it reminds me so much of the good old days in the ECM studio...

Here is a little Impro with Lounge Lizard 4 processed by RC 48:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/l ... eets-rc-48
great sound lots of character

wow, how could anyone hate these! :wheee:

electro wrote:Fact is the afore mentioned UAD compressors are unrivalled.
That is not a "fact" that is your opinion. Do you know what facts are? A fact is something that can not be argued.

For example, it is a fact that you need air to breathe. And heat to live. Without air and heat, you would die. 100% of the time.

All you need to do is open any compressor thread on any popular plugin forum to see that what you are stating is very much opinion. A lot of people prefer Waves and Softube stuff over UAD. Then there is Plugin Alliance (elysia/vertigo/brainworx) and Kush UBK-1 and Sknote, hell even some freeware like Molot (amazing compressor!). In fact I will state that in some ways, Molot at it's highest quality setting is technically better than UAD offers, since I'm pretty sure UAD doesn't have any compressors that are 16x oversampled. Molot @ 8/16x oversampling is like having a really nice hardware compressor in your computer, for free. No aliasing, completely analog like sound quality, and a really well tuned compression action.
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Shall we take a look back at the TSAR-1 marketing blurb?

The TSAR-1 Reverb is not an emulation. It's not a stock design. It's not a static snapshot of a space. The TSAR-1 is a powerful, modern reverb algorithm. It's alive and vibrant, it's gentle and dreamy, and above all - it's natural and believable. The TSAR-1 is the better-sounding alternative to the established, traditional reverb products. At a fraction of the price.

Then NI twist their arm and they go against their own philosophy. I am amused, darlings :P

As for the verbs, they're very good. Exactly what I expected. Not really my cup of tea though, being under 30, and not nostalgic about the 'good old days' (no offence, I don't see nostalgia as a bad thing) 8)

I wonder when they will go on sale? :P

hibidy wrote:I wonder when they will go on sale? :P
I wonder if anyone here waxing so eloquently about these new reverbs actually got a NFR to help NI out a little ? :wink:
No auto tune...

Shangsean wrote:It's probably very good, but when I can get B2 for a similar price, it's not so enticing.
Does B2 even have anything to do with the classic Lexicon sound...?
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

digitalboytn wrote:
I wonder if anyone here waxing so eloquently about these new reverbs actually got a NFR to help NI out a little ? :wink:
I sure as hell didn't! :lol:

It's really quite gorgeous, well, both.

They sound good. They sound great!

Don't like the cloudy displays at all, they draw my eyes away from the controls and generally look awkward. I know you can turn the scrolling display off but there will always be a little blob stuck to the left side of the display area. That kind of design choice makes me feel sick to my stomach if I think about it too much.

There is no way to set a default preset!!!!!!! wtf? I think any high end plugin should have a way to set default settings (see Voxengo). Give the user some control for gods sake.
miedex

From the 24 page:
Get instant pro sound in the blink of an eye - no expertise necessary.
Six controls, of which 3 for eq. Selling toys to the kids. Think I'll pass.

hibidy wrote:
digitalboytn wrote:
I sure as hell didn't! :lol:

It's really quite gorgeous, well, both.
I wasn't meaning you mr hibidy...

Keep your cash in de pocket and bring it out when they are doing one of their regular 50% off sales...

Not 50% off the effect - 50% off the price :wink:
No auto tune...

I know you didn't mean me :) I'ma have a tough time talking myself out of these :nutter: I've been jamming for hours now and though VVV is terrific, these have something special :wheee:

Luckily, tomorrow will be a fresh day of testing :hihi:

I've only messed with the 24 for a bit but I'm REALLY liking it. The last thing I need is another reverb, but I'm quite impressed. Don't really need the 48 since I own LX480 complete, but the implementation of these is excellent.

Compyfox wrote:Can someone tell me why each reverb is about 240MB (Mac)/160MB (PC) in size compared to "what's out there"?
The plugin is about 25 MB in size. That's about 20 MB for 32-bit VST, 25 MB for 64-bit VST, there are three AAX versions, each of which is from 20-30 MB, and there's RTAS as well.

Mac installers always have additional overhead because Apple.

Return to “Effects”