Ers emt250 and DimD - amazing plugins - now working well on mac!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ERS 250 ERS DimD

Don't forget snow leopard! I am hanging like crazy to use it mate!

sqigls wrote:jBridged it works in Live 9 ok, but in Cubase i have a few semi-crashes where the GUI just won't show. Maybe a jBridge issue?... I'll give it another go in a mo...

Harry returned one of my emails a few days ago, he's busy as fudge. Just thought maybe there was a 64-bit version hiding somewhere I was unaware of.

Cheers Theo
did you try it in CUBASE'S bridge, just put the dll directly in cubase vst folder? i found when jbridge didn't work the other did and vice versa (generally).

froombosch wrote:Hello all,
Theo is right, the little spare time I had the last few days was spend in reprogramming the EMpTy250 so that the last bug is away for the AU version and the CPU hunger is gone. Other things have been pushed aside, but it takes more time then expected.
Harrie
What was the last AU bug?
Regards

I sent Harrie a video. Let's leave it at that. i promised not to show anyone :hihi:

(and i won't, all that matters is it's fixed)

TheoM wrote:
sqigls wrote:jBridged it works in Live 9 ok, but in Cubase i have a few semi-crashes where the GUI just won't show. Maybe a jBridge issue?... I'll give it another go in a mo...

Harry returned one of my emails a few days ago, he's busy as fudge. Just thought maybe there was a 64-bit version hiding somewhere I was unaware of.

Cheers Theo
did you try it in CUBASE'S bridge, just put the dll directly in cubase vst folder? i found when jbridge didn't work the other did and vice versa (generally).
I'm a bit wary of the Cubase bridge, had many troubles with it on the windows machine so am a bit shy to use it now. For the most part jBridgeM works fine, but i'm trying hard to whittle all my plugs down to only 64bit native.

Nope.. i used it on osx and it's fine mate.. to not even just try putting that one dll in there and doing some tests with it is a bit naive Simon TBH mate.. i can't see any reason on a mac why i would instantiate jbridge over a hosts built in bridge, that's what i'd always try first. Anyway, your mac, your call! :)

any word on the 64bit VST for OSX? Beta? Pretty please?

It wasn't really naivety Theo, it's just weird and not the best workflow, but it's about the same for jBridgeM tho... jBridge was a lot more 'transparent' on the Windows operating system. I am now using DimD in Cubase with the steiny bridge, it seems to be stable, just weird, can't have the GUI along side of other plugs to make quick adjustments. Not a biggie of course, but yeah... :P

Haven't heard from Harrie for ages and i was concerned TBH.. he said he'd build me a working snow leopard one a month ago that day and i never heard again and didn't get a response to my recent email.

Unfortunately, as much as i genuinely with all my heart love his products, he just can't seem to get the mac version of 250 right.. all i want is a working plugin :shrug:

The chorus is problem free so i know he can do it but i've been waiting well over a year for this.. is there a point where patience just goes away and you have to look for an alternative? I really don't have any other simple reverbs like this for electronic drums.. this was the one for me.. instant dial and sound. Every time.

I recently bought the EMT250; however, I cannot get it to work at all. I installed the latest version i.e. 2.05. I'm running a PC, Cubase 6.5. Despite the keyfile stored in a shared folder to the plugin, when I attempt to use your EMT 250 it states that I'm running an unregistered version. I'm not sure if it's related, however, I cannot get this plugin to do anything. Please, if anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

On mac the key file goes in a folder named empty room systems in documents. Are you sure it's not similar for windows?

TheoM wrote:On mac the key file goes in a folder named empty room systems in documents. Are you sure it's not similar for windows?
it automatically installs both in a shared folder of one's choosing. I'm just perplexed because I've never had issues installing software. I contacted developer days ago with no answer.

That's weird I contacted him the other day and he replied in a few hours after i was concerned with my other post i ahdn't heard from him for so long (he was hard at work fixing the mac version.. it's a big job FWIK)

Good news is I know it works well on windows and many are using it, so at the very least this situation is fixable for you.

I hope it gets resolved ASAP, as its a great product and I'd be frustrated waiting too

PS mac vst doesn't have zipper noise.. as long as the mac vst gets the mousewheel scroll fixed, it will be the best version of 250 on mac :wink:

I am really sorry to be doing this but I have no choice.

Harrie seems to have disappeared.. He's not even answering his personal email and a couple of people's support requests either..

I can only advise until we hear from him for no one to buy ERS products as it's too risky. I have waited days before posting of course.

The situation is that basically the 250 on mac is $#**4'ed and all i have done is beta test ferociously for 6 months (and a portion of last year the first time i owned it). Harrie emailed me with an offer and i said yes and now he's disappeared. Basically i'm 100 Euros out of pocket and nothing to show for it, other than helping the dev and test after test after test. I've put so much time in it you guys won't believe it. The last bug had made Harrie start with a rewrite on mac to lower cpu and fix all the bugs for good. Basically it's unusable at this current stage. The chorus is absolutely fine though.

i would rather have the product working as my first choice as it was my go to well what i have wanted to be my go to for small rooms and now i am not sure what to get instead.. I might start trying tsar for that purpose now but i never really used tsar that way much.

Anyway the thing is i KNOW Harrie is an honest and good guy so i am actually concerned about him.. the only reason i am saying don't purchase right now etc is that if something is wrong then you could be sending money into thin air. I hope he is OK i really do but i have a feeling in my gut something is wrong.. i SO hope *i* am wrong!

We just have to wait and see how this plays out. Let's hope for the best.

Maybe you've been sending him so many eMails over the last days that your messages are finally considered spam by his eMail service? :lol:
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

Return to “Effects”