Official Engl ampsim from Brainworx/Plugin Alliance

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Didn't care for anvil at all. Jury is still out on the 999, but I don't see how it's going to take over the tse 808.

Revalver hasn't been updated in a long time right?

If I was a better play, I'd get a kemper.

hibidy wrote:Didn't care for anvil at all. Jury is still out on the 999, but I don't see how it's going to take over the tse 808.

I had a Kemper, sold it. Doesn't matter how you play, it matters what you need out of it.

If you've got a bunch of amps (including cabinets) that you want to sample/profile, it's great.

If you want to download a bunch of other people's profiles and use them, you might be disappointed. Imagine taking your guitar and plugging it into someone else's amp. Once you start turning knobs, it starts sounding synthetic. That's how the Kemper is. I think once it gets another generation or two down the road it'll be awesome, but it's not there yet. What it really needs is the ability to truly separate the amps and cabinets, and it needs multiple "tonestacks". The built in one allows you to tweak a little bit but once you start getting too far away from the original sound it sounds completely digital.
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

Back on topic:

It looks like this plugin has two ENGL amps:

Retro Tube 100 E765
and
Victor Smolski Ltd E646

Both look decent enough, spec-wise, but I'd really prefer the Savage or Fireball.

Dominus wrote:
hibidy wrote:Didn't care for anvil at all. Jury is still out on the 999, but I don't see how it's going to take over the tse 808.

I had a Kemper, sold it. Doesn't matter how you play, it matters what you need out of it.

If you've got a bunch of amps (including cabinets) that you want to sample/profile, it's great.

If you want to download a bunch of other people's profiles and use them, you might be disappointed. Imagine taking your guitar and plugging it into someone else's amp. Once you start turning knobs, it starts sounding synthetic. That's how the Kemper is. I think once it gets another generation or two down the road it'll be awesome, but it's not there yet. What it really needs is the ability to truly separate the amps and cabinets, and it needs multiple "tonestacks". The built in one allows you to tweak a little bit but once you start getting too far away from the original sound it sounds completely digital.
Thanks for the info.

They don't have demo's out of this at my GC (though they have them in stock)

I'd love to try one out!

Not that they've been all that forthcoming with info, but it looks like the PA ENGL amp might be UAD only.

Not interested. Right now, the only thing that would *ever* make me buy an internal dongle is if Fractal/Axe FX made a plugin that required it, and that will probably never happen.

Dominus wrote:Not that they've been all that forthcoming with info, but it looks like the PA ENGL amp might be UAD only.
Damn, I was wrong :( !

Too muffled imho

I think IK Custom Shop has an ENGL and their modelling is getting very good.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

The "anger" is actually a pretty good amp. Frankly though after using the TSE x50 I haven't reached for it much anymore.

Dominus wrote:
hibidy wrote:
Once you start turning knobs, it starts sounding synthetic. That's how the Kemper is.
Really? I've never heard that on my Kemper. So that's why Andy Sneap and Michael Wagener really like it and use it and praise it? Two that are really picky when it comes guitar sound. :hihi:

You quoted it wrong, I never said that. I've actually considered getting one.

hibidy wrote:You quoted it wrong, I never said that. I've actually considered getting one.
Ooops sorry. :help: :wink:

If I predict that I won't want this, I'll want it. So I predict I'll like it in the first 5 minutes (if it's ever released :hihi: )

Return to “Effects”