Official Engl ampsim from Brainworx/Plugin Alliance

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The guy who made the demo, posted on guitarampmodeling, said it would definitely be UAD only. I don't think it sounds as good as the awesome freeware ampsims that are available though. They hype it up with the unrealistic usage setup at NAMM, don't give much info, then there is now the confirmed rumor that it's UAD only. Meh. Plus there are a few really good ENGL sims already (2 free as well). Guess the "pros" will be saying this is is the awesomest bestest ampsim they will always be reaching for now.

YAY! UAD only means zero percent temptation :hyper:

Back to the already good sounding sims I have :phew:

metalifuxx wrote:The guy who made the demo, posted on guitarampmodeling, said it would definitely be UAD only. I don't think it sounds as good as the awesome freeware ampsims that are available though. They hype it up with the unrealistic usage setup at NAMM, don't give much info, then there is now the confirmed rumor that it's UAD only. Meh. Plus there are a few really good ENGL sims already (2 free as well). Guess the "pros" will be saying this is is the awesomest bestest ampsim they will always be reaching for now.
The "real deal gamechanger" ? :lol:

Daimonicon wrote:
Dominus wrote:
Once you start turning knobs, it starts sounding synthetic. That's how the Kemper is.
Really? I've never heard that on my Kemper. So that's why Andy Sneap and Michael Wagener really like it and use it and praise it? Two that are really picky when it comes guitar sound. :hihi:
You left out this part of my quote:
Dominus wrote: The built in one allows you to tweak a little bit but once you start getting too far away from the original sound it sounds completely digital.
I actually bought the Kemper because of Andy Sneap's videos of it.

What I said is that once you start going a little beyond a certain point with the knobs it starts sounding synthetic. If you sample your OWN amp, through your OWN cab, in your OWN room, and just need to tweak it a tiny bit, it's great.

If you download a bunch of profiles and find that you need to tweak quite a bit to find your own sound, it's going to start sounding fake.

Like I said, in another generation or two, I'm betting that they'll get it to be near perfect for my workflow, but it's not there yet.
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

hibidy wrote:The "anger" is actually a pretty good amp. Frankly though after using the TSE x50 I haven't reached for it much anymore.
I'm still using LE456 and LeGion quite a bit. Wish they were x64.
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

Me too! I can't even use it bridged in live or studio one (no I don't feel like mucking around with jbridge)

So will it beat the Amplitube Engle Powerball for realism?

Did you hear the clips?

Played through a Cab doesn't count.

Kaboom75 wrote:Played through a Cab doesn't count.
I was referring to this

http://soundcloud.com/igornembrini/engl ... -beta-demo

Yeah, I'll probably take some heat for this but since we're directly mentioned and clip was posted as an example vs AmpliTube, I think this user video deserves a listen too even with the "YouTube effect" and the lead being low in the mix... using AmpliTube's ANGER:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBxDkR7gO6s
(I think the lead part is a bit too low in the mix)
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

...and the IK salesshow begins

See, I knew it! So.... someone asked how this would stack up against our software (in a thread NOT started by the other dev anyway) and a clip was posted which it appears was meant to show it in comparison, and I post a USER video (not one we made, in other words). Seems fair. If our version isn't better, there should be no fear of me posting what a user has done with our software, right?

I won't apologize for being here, being proud of our software, and respectfully responding to a clip posted without any hype - letting what a USER did with our software speak for its quality.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Peter, if someone asked how this plug in alliance will stack up against IK it is more than fair to post a clip.. you idn't go on any sort of sales rant at ALL, just simply posted a user clip for comparison. That's 100% a-ok in my book :tu:

Posted for balance.

Oh dang, Theo, I forgot to post a link to Custom Shop!!! ;) Just kidding, of course, that too was completely intentional (as was using a balanced USER video that I hadn't seen before yesterday myself). Let me see if I can even edit to take my signature off, so I can make sure my post is fully neutered for discriminating KVR tastes.

Return to “Effects”