AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix Anniversary Collection for Mac/PC Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

surferman wrote:Anybody tried these yet?
I tried the Plexi, Silvertone and Echoplex. The Plexi is great. Just a nice classic Marshall tone. Not a lot of highs, sludgy sound (in a good way), just perfect for those blues rock kinds of tones. The Silvertone was ok. Honestly, I thought I would like that one more, but it didn't wow me. The Echoplex has a ton of character, but I'm not sure I like it. It's almost too lo-fi for my tastes.

Glad to hear opinions of the models, thanks! Seems you are doing well describing it but of course there's the trial functionality (made longer recently, with a shorter time between resets) and this video was linked but not embedded so here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UES7CF3-V7o

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/hendrix/

So far I like them all. The tape delay is pretty awesome! Worked great for Aint talking bout love.
Surfing, skateboarding, Music Making Man and tech fool.
New Album! KnowledgeBass

I just replaced my motherboard and processor; after many tries, I cannot get the "Authorization Manager" to complete without crashing, so I'm unable to authorize on my new system. :? :(

I already have a ticket in with IKM support. Is anyone else experiencing crashes with this new authorization manager?

blueman wrote:I'm unable to authorize on my new system. :? :(
Today, I started my DAW (Studio One Pro 2.5) and suddenly, AmpliTube 3.10 is now authorized. Strange! :?

I haven't had an issue and haven't seen a lot of reports myself, but if you are using the one that is installed with AmpliTube 3.10 it may be worth downloading and installing the one directly from http://www.ikmultimedia.com/authorizationmanager and trying that just in case and in the mean time. Thanks.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
surferman wrote:Anybody tried these yet?
I tried the Plexi, Silvertone and Echoplex. The Plexi is great. Just a nice classic Marshall tone. Not a lot of highs, sludgy sound (in a good way), just perfect for those blues rock kinds of tones. The Silvertone was ok. Honestly, I thought I would like that one more, but it didn't wow me. The Echoplex has a ton of character, but I'm not sure I like it. It's almost too lo-fi for my tastes.
Since buying just the Plexi was about as much as buying the upgrade, I just went and bought the whole set yesterday. In doing so, I checked out the Sunn head, which I hadn't previously demoed, and wow do I really like that one! It's a great amp for clean, Fender-like jangle. Just be warned: with the Mid Boost on, you really need to keep the treble and contour knobs low or things get really bright really fast. The new Silvertone has grown on me some too. All in all, good new amps.

The JH Gold is great marshall sound, a solid crunch, or clean, the silver twelve, is just awesome, I will upgrade my JH to this very soon, I also think the Slash AFD 100 is an awesome Marshall. Try these for free and see what you think thru the custom shop. Great job, Amplitube, I own a lot of amp sims and enjoy them all, but Amplitube is just so much better, I use it live just jamming and I cant imagine not having it now.

So the update to AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix is more like an expansion pack.
We just released the AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ Anniversary Collection, a major update of AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix. It adds three new genuine Hendrix amp models and a cool vintage tape echo to the gear from the original collection, providing a grand total of 34 authentic Hendrix gear models, all pulled the pages of rock 'n' roll history.
^ The bit I actually read in the Newsletter. :)

For a limited time, owners of AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix or AmpliTube 3 can upgrade for only $39.99. You can also buy the models à la carte in the Custom Shop. Whichever way you do it, pure Hendrix tone awaits you!
^ The bit I hadn't read before reinstalling. :(
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Edit, got it now

N/M again, I found it.

It will be interesting to see if I feel the same way about these tomorrow ;)

ontol wrote:
blueman wrote:I just replaced my motherboard and processor; after many tries, I cannot get the "Authorization Manager" to complete without crashing, so I'm unable to authorize on my new system. :? :(

I already have a ticket in with IKM support. Is anyone else experiencing crashes with this new authorization manager?
Yes. I haven't upgraded any pc components recently though, just bought the T-racks Deluxe.

Been trying to work with IK support for almost 2 weeks, although the only answer I have gotten (twice so far) was "re-install it". Followed all instructions to the letter several times, but still a no-go. And yes, the latest version straight from the site.

It allows me to put in the serial number, but then crashes as soon as I click 'next' after putting it in. IK sends me an authorization code, but since the manager crashes before I can put it in, no authorization.

Much longer and I will learn to live without it and ditch it.
Ticket number?

Yeah, now that everyone is over these, now I'm pretty interested. I'll try and clean up my playing a bit and redo a clip I made. Other than my inept playing, it sounds really good!

(goes back to work)

Return to “Effects”