Rescue MK2 update released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Awesome! One of my most used Variety of sound plugins! You da man bootsie!

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Endor-8o8 wrote:
Tp3 wrote:weren't the presets from AE bank incorporated into Mk II ? or is it that they don't apply anymore due to design changes ?
I was also searching for the presets but yes they disappeared !
And the old bank won't load.

One can copy the settings from plug to plug but I don't know how it will work with relation to the new changes...
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Im afk, is it oversampling like old ae version?

Thx bootsee
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

wow, this looks awesome...! can't use it as i'm on mac, but man... :shock:

Question -

Is this plugin internally oversampled?
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Many thanks for the update, I love this one :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Thank you Bootsie!

The new version sounds much better. Not that there was anything wrong to start with. To me it sounds the best when keeping mix level setting to 0dbfs all the time, even though my track signal levels are close to -18db rms.

Is it oversampled like the old one?

@midnight wrote:Is it oversampled like the old one?
I am guessing you like oversampling? (3rd request for info) :)

I say I hope it is NOT oversampled! Oversampling in real-time is just a low budget version of running your DAW at a high sample-rate.

Do you really want your precious audio up-sampled and down-sampled in real time? To do it in the highest quality is going to take a massive amount of CPU that no-one is going to want to give up. Most oversampling gives a nasty small sound. Sometimes things can just sound bad at 44.1, then you can render at 96, 192 or whatever and downsample yourself. Bit of a pain maybe, but worth it. Forces you to really listen.

Also maybe the next plug-in in the chain is going to do the same oversampling trick again, up, down, up, down = messed up sound.

Bootsy wrote an article explaining all this stuff in detail:

http://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/201 ... ing-rates/

You might like to 1st process your audio at 44.1 using Rescue 2, then at 96. Use SoX http://sox.sourceforge.net/SoX/Resampling in highest quality mode to down-sample both to 44.1 and try some listening tests. Would love to hear what you think!

Listen buddy, im not here for you to tell me your opinion on something.

I asked a simple question about a plugin.

Im not going to change my whole work flow and run my entire projects at double the sr for one freeware.

Take your thoughts elsewhere unless you can answer my question about the oversampling.

And yes i am aware that since Bootsie now works in 96khz, he probably wont make an oversampling plug again.

Which is the wrong approach. 96khz alone is not enough, you need to be 350+ khz to get rid of aliasing for saturation and distortion fx.

thermal wrote:
@midnight wrote:Is it oversampled like the old one?
I am guessing you like oversampling? (3rd request for info) :)

I say I hope it is NOT oversampled! Oversampling in real-time is just a low budget version of running your DAW at a high sample-rate.

Do you really want your precious audio up-sampled and down-sampled in real time? To do it in the highest quality is going to take a massive amount of CPU that no-one is going to want to give up. Most oversampling gives a nasty small sound. Sometimes things can just sound bad at 44.1, then you can render at 96, 192 or whatever and downsample yourself. Bit of a pain maybe, but worth it. Forces you to really listen.

Also maybe the next plug-in in the chain is going to do the same oversampling trick again, up, down, up, down = messed up sound.

Bootsy wrote an article explaining all this stuff in detail:

http://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/201 ... ing-rates/

You might like to 1st process your audio at 44.1 using Rescue 2, then at 96. Use SoX http://sox.sourceforge.net/SoX/Resampling in highest quality mode to down-sample both to 44.1 and try some listening tests. Would love to hear what you think!
Thanks for the link to SoX. :)

@midnight wrote:Listen buddy, im not here for you to tell me your opinion on something.

I asked a simple question about a plugin.

Im not going to change my whole work flow and run my entire projects at double the sr for one freeware.

Take your thoughts elsewhere unless you can answer my question about the oversampling.
I thought asking the same question 3 times in a row was rude enough, lucky there is a 'mute me' button. bye bye :roll:

What did you expect Thermal?

You came in here and gave me a lesson oversampling as if I am some kind of noob. I know what oversampling is and does, thanks.

All I wanted to know is if THIS plugin does it.

If there's one thing I dislike it's when I ask a question about a plugins functionality, and then some random person on the forum comes and tries to tell ME why I'M doing something wrong, or why I should change my host sample rate. That is some of the most annoying behavior.

just a thought, maybe you should practice what you preach :?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Effects”