Mods pls lock, if that's ok, topic fully answered, but now the trolls are here to drag it out :(

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TheoM wrote:Hi i will post my new album.. it's still in production.. but thanks for the interest..

it's dance/pop

you get the drift
hmmm, well, without hearing what you're doing I would suggest COMPassion {this thread is in serious danger of recommending every compressor on the market, hehe!} because it's a "cover all basses" type of compressor. it's a finely tunable plugin as you probably know, for dance/pop the existing presets should be fine enough I'd imagine ?

I can't get to grips with it and have spent tons of hours on it.. Dave knows my feeling on this..

i just can't click with it. Sometimes that happens, and i have demoed it for the entire 30 day demo time believe me, every single day, but thanks.

bmanic wrote:
EDIT2: Another option is to get the SSL bus compressor from.. yeah, you guessed it, from SSL. I have a NFR license for it but haven't used it that much though. Mainly due to the PITA copy protection. Yet another dongle, same system as Reason is using. The WIBU key. You can also run it without the dongle but that means you need to be connected to the net at all times. It sounds nice though. Not sure about their resale / transfer policy though.
hey bmanic, no you don t need to be connected, it s just for installing ,ssl protection is well done and work without hassle

kvaca wrote:
TheoM wrote:
kvaca wrote:
TheoM wrote:mac 64?

really want the ssl sound as its perfect for the majority of my music
theres mac beta demo here,dont know if 64 but you can find yourself:
http://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-feedback-compressor-2/

another options are:

SSL clones- Waves, Duende,Sonox,PSP Buspressor...

similar sounding options are - Vertigo VCS2,old Kjaerhus GCO in classic mode...
Hi, Kjaerhus win only, and an asshole for an (ex) developer

vertigo i have, and i like it, but on acoustic stuff

Waves is VERY expensive and limited.. being a mercury owner though the next time they have their specials of 40 or 50% off, i'l l; be able to get the ssl bundle for around $270. don't know if it;s worth it?

Sonnox is fabulous, but the worst transfer fees in the business, bar none. I have posted lectures on this before, it's not only the fees, they are very very greedy. I can't buy from those people.

Wil check out PSS< never demoed it in my life. Good call!

Duende sounds horrible, some agree, some don't.
Theo,
I personally prefer PSP Buspressor from all SSL clones,but try for yorself and you will see...demo is available here:
http://www.pspaudioware.com/plugins/dyn ... sspressor/
Thanks alot and yep am trying that one now whilst guitar rig downloads :)

ni server seems busy

i m not sure you re really after ssl sound, the glue i m not sure is the real ssl sound, when i demoed it, i was not convinced how it grab, it was smoother to me, so i think you re after the glue sound..and to replace it won t be easy..

i would look into something else, what about elysia alpha plugins?
Last edited by Fred_Abstract on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ok i like that smoothness, maybe that's why i didn't like duende.

Maybe i should use words glue alternative rather than ssl alternative :oops:
Last edited by ObsoleteAcc99 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

and Vertigo?

Vertigo is too clicky on my dance stuff.. i use it absolutely for everything else.

I wanted the glue for my 4/4 kick beat dance stuff on the master bus and perhaps drum busses

Fred_Abstract wrote:
bmanic wrote:
EDIT2: Another option is to get the SSL bus compressor from.. yeah, you guessed it, from SSL. I have a NFR license for it but haven't used it that much though. Mainly due to the PITA copy protection. Yet another dongle, same system as Reason is using. The WIBU key. You can also run it without the dongle but that means you need to be connected to the net at all times. It sounds nice though. Not sure about their resale / transfer policy though.
hey bmanic, no you don t need to be connected, it s just for installing ,ssl protection is well done and work without hassle
Yep and they allow transfers.. but to have codemeter installed for just ONE plugin.. i kind of don't want to...

i LOVE the duende channel strip though.

i find the comp has NO extra features, just a straight up EMU, and if it's accurate (i don't know), means i would not like the real thing. It distorts too quickly

Oh FWIW, i thought the one in reason was super, the one built into the main console. Always had it on, with some tricky cable routing to use an EQ in the sidechain to stop it from dancing around to the kick drum. Worked great

yes the channel strip have good filters and the interface is easy to use.

about the compressor maybe you should wait for the vbc

there is also sonoris compressor but i don't remember the features.

slate?

$25 ilok fee PLUS $35 personal transfer fee?

nup.

Sonoris is nice. very expensive, but nice. More of a mastering comp IMO and if i remember correctly it has latency,, which is VERY VERY bad in logic on the master bus.. it throws the playhead out for the entire song

My first choice, duende native ssl bus compressor. From someone who worked with the hardware and x rack in the studio, my favorite.
Waves is a second.
Never miss the sidechain filter, the duende one is so much like the hardware and can cope pretty good with bass, it won't hop around crazy, but grooves and glues.

Otherwise i'd say give the NI one a shot.

Kind regards,
z

The NI buscompressor doesn't have a built in Sidechain filter though. It does however accept an external sidechain so you can always do the filtering yourself. Or if you are lazy, just do a pre- and post- emphasis using Pro-Q, sandwiching the compressor between two pro-q instances, one lowering the bass with a low shelf and the other one boosting the bass with an identical shelf the exact same amount.

Because Pro-Q has symmetrical filters these two pro-q instances basically null (well not completely but all the way down to -90dBFS or more).

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Can anyone chime in if Fabfilter Pro-C does any SSL styles?
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Can anyone chime in if Fabfilter Pro-C does any SSL styles?
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Return to “Effects”