Mods pls lock, if that's ok, topic fully answered, but now the trolls are here to drag it out :(

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TheoM wrote:
Andy and I got into stupid banter, i eventually got nasty cause he was being a smart ass

He was being a smart ass about ignoring/breaking the law? I found that guy very unlikeable before and this really figures.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Edit - pointless as it's already been worked out and Andy is allowing transfers now and completely within Eu guidelines.

Cheers
Last edited by ObsoleteAcc99 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheoM wrote:Ok will definitely check into it. I just sold roundtone 3 cause i couldn't click with it, but i like presence which i kept. I know he makes good stuff.. PS i tried the first version of strip bus and it had some latency and i didn't like it and returned it. I think about a year ago or something? so i do hope this version is much improved.
Well roundtone is not my go to tape machine as well(Uad Studer from soft is my go to) , i do have the real thing as well, but i end up use it like tape delay pretty much . Back on topic I guess there is big difference between version 1 and 2 . .... I was waiting some time to start getting Quinto Sardo plugins, but now i am kinda of very satisfied . From his kitchen smell really tasty SHM Comp on the way as well not like the parody we saw couple months ago, it made laugh everyone i am very sure in that even i do like the first SHM modeled from x supplier , but still sounds nothing alike .Bus.2 is just another league , believe me or not firstly whens i tried it i was not impressed at all .....Now when i spend more time on more sources i can always feel the miss of buss in the chain.

Its like going to a Bar or Restaurant and blowing a little cash whether the Beers warm and foods cold you just blew some cash and had a good time or bad time , you wont get the cash back again . Ive been guilty of buying and selling and re-buying the same software again ... Basically , Im just saying get over it and just buy The Glue again and be done with it .

That said the topic has made me investigate stuff i already had that i hadn't tried on the buss cause i was so used to using the glue.. The waves API is very good, and the softube CL1b is very good. I have plenty of options.. the psp seems to glue things well and keep the dynamics in check without squashing the sound at all, so i'll still get that, but yeah..

Todd, nice to know it's OK by someone else for me to buy and sell :hihi:

Well my demos of both the Glue and PSP are coming to a close any moment,

so...

I thought it was fair to give this topic one more bump.. As i went along these last two weeks, i couldn't really in my mind substitute the glue.. And lo and behold a surprise email comes from Andy in that transfers are fully allowed now for a small-ish fee. So all good.

I am relieved as i liked the psp and still do but part of it had to be me telling myself it was as good as the glue.

SO..
it is ONLY fair to ANDY and everyone else here that i bump this.. as the topic was written simply BECAUSE Andy doesn't allow transfers and i wanted an alternative.

Now that he does, i realise there really isn't one.

But, down the road at the next psp sale, i will buy it as well, as i think it's worth owning.

Cheers everyone and once again thanks for all the replies

@TheoM yes Live9 will be released March 5th which includes " the Glue " with the Abe's dockable gui/version , so Andy will make some cash here off used transfers of " the Glue " from Live users that already own a Glue license . Kind of a no-brainer on Andy's part really in a business sense and with the license fee . @TheoM looks like you'll be buying a used license in the coming days , congrads !! :hihi:

TheoM wrote:Now that he does, i realise there really isn't one.
[Haven't read the whole thread.]

So the SSL Bus comp is NOT an alternative?

The way you throw around opinions depending on your mood or whether you're 'cool' with the dev or not is just mind boggling [to put it mildly]. That's some really sophisticated trolling, I'll give you that... :hihi:

Of course!! Thanks Todd, never thought of that with Live 9.. there's going to be some people that exclusively use live that really WILL have no use at all for the separate glue plugin.

Ahhh now his new transfer decision makes sense :hihi:

However, i wanted to support him directly, and i get a 30% discount to buy the drop (or vice versa), and the drop is so high on my radar.. that filter is untouchable for pure quality from any other plugin. I will wait a bit now though to hear from him to make my decision where i purchase, because for aussies his current system is $109 for the glue as he is adding aussie tax on top, which is a bit cheeky not to display it on the main pricing page but only in the cart - prices for aussies are supposed to be sticker price including all tax and tbh i haven't seen this before... the price is supposed to be the price, simple as that, no surprises. This is the first time something has ever changed in the cart. It totally surprised me when i went to checkout, so i am looking ,with the discount, at a grand total of $184.8 for both directly from Cytomic. I need to buy one on it's own first, then the 30% discount is available for the second product to owners of the other, for all customers.

Here at KVR MP the glue will sell for 50 or 60 and no longer becomes nfrs. SO...worst case 60 is what i have seen it for max.. so 184.8-60 = $124.8

The Drop on it's own is $109, well, 108.90 :hihi:

so to save overall $15.90 is honestly not worth it not to support Andy directly.. HOWEVER.. if someone were to put the drop on the MP, and now they can.. you see what i am getting at? :hihi:

:-o

That's a heartbreaking story. Just read the first post. Have you thought about using a real SSL console? If you feel that your health is that bad, I am praying for you that you get to spend some time in a real top tier studio instead of this virtual stuff. Maybe a change of scenery is what you need sir. I hope somebody in the big league reads your post and invites you to a real studio with good times rolling, they do exist out there.

All the best and happy travels.

Oh wow thanks. Actually i used tons of hardware from 95 - 2004, so I am pretty satisfied that i got to do that:)

Lex Verbs, DBX comps, I personally owned a DBX blue and focusrite red, was very happy with them, I only had a mackie 32/8 console, their flagship one at the time, but geez i was only using VA's as i was always doing pop/edm, and the mackie was more than capable. For pres i used a focusrite and some purple one i honestly can not remember the name of. had some nice gear, some really great sound modules/synths, so i was pretty happy. Then we moved into a nice big studio of our own, with a pro tools mix 3 system, a mac, a pc, and plenty more outboard, some expensive, some cheap, like everyone i guess.

So i really did have my day and had a full career producing, but, yes of course i wish that was still my career. You can't mic or mix professionally with one ear, well, you can, but you'll never have the same depth and stereo perception overhishead. Plus when a client talks to my bad (right) ear and i'm saying, what, WHAT, WHAAAAAT, as i never understand them, it gives it away and they freak out. I am also in line for a BAHA implant, that's a long story, but my right ear will be publicly exposed as deaf permanently after that, so, there is no point applying for a studio job.

Finally, my back simply won't allow it. Those days are over for that reason.. I am ok with it, i really am, i am a happy soul, there's people much worse off than me. Just today i reconnected with an old friend i hadn't seen since 2004 and he told me his daughter was murdered in 2008. Literally just a few hours ago he told me. How could my problems ever compare to the hell that poor man will face for the rest of his life.

Anyway, thanks again for your kind wishes,

cheers,

Theo

PSP Buspressor and ableton 9's new compressor is quality as well

itsatlas wrote:ableton 9's new compressor is quality as well
You for reals man? :roll:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Wow. "Andy's a prick", now "Andy's a great guy!"

Buspressor is just as good as The Glue, now there is no substitute.

F*ck, I can't keep up!

How is Vertigo not suitable for Dance music btw? I use it on everything, from Metal to Drum and Bass. It's absolutely fantastic...

It's one of the finest compressors there is imo. I prefer it to the Glue in fact - which is also a fine compressor.

Return to “Effects”