Mods pls lock, if that's ok, topic fully answered, but now the trolls are here to drag it out :(

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@midnight wrote:
TheoM wrote:Hi everyone.. without demoing 100 plugins maybe you can all point me the right way

The story part:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok i want to explain once and for all:

This is reality. My health is declining, NOT getting better, the only days i feel good is when i am on pain meds. Even today on high doses, my back was killing me and knifing pain.

Now, as plenty of you know i have complete one sided deafness.. the other ear is ok but not fantastic, and i face the very real possibility of one day , if anything ever happens to that ear, say an infection and i get some hearing loss, i won't really be able to make music anymore.

between that and my back it is hard. I KNOW i have bad buying/selling habits that i am trying to fix and since been back to logic after reason have been very careful with my purchases.. anything i sell will be something i had before that never use.. i haven't bought anything i have re-sold this time :)

Thus i am no longer buying ANY plugins under ANY circumstances that i can not transfer in the future. I feel that i have 5 years left in me, i am 40 now, and i really don't think i'll be making music forever cause my health just isn't coping. It's just REALISM guys.

All i want to know, is that IF or WHEN that day comes that i really do quit for GOOD, i will be able to get something back for my purchases. I created a standard email that i sent to many devs who don't offer transfers explaining the situation, and all agreed that it was ok to transfer if the time came.. very well written polite email.. explaining my personal situation and being open and honest. the only thing i changed in each email was the respective products i was inquiring about.
SO besides Andy, (i won't even ask fxpansion, that's a long story leave it at that), every single one of them was willing to help me out, every one.

I desperately wanted the glue and the drop as i feel they are the best of their class. I regret selling the glue when i went to reason which turned out to be temporary, because i had bought it at a time where i was allowed to transfer my copy.. people who bought prior to Andy changing his policies were allowed to do that. So if i still had it i could sell it when needed to.

Andy and I got into stupid banter, i eventually got nasty cause he was being a smart ass, but i am not getting into that either.... *snip*

Couldn't you have just asked for the plugin you wanted, without making us all read this terribly sad story?
i put it in two sections you didn't have to read both.

Secondly, i needed to explain once and for all why i will only buy stuff that is transferrable cause i have had grief about that before.

I won't say it again, now you all either understand, or don't.

And if i DIDN'T explain, people would have said "why don't you just get the glue and be done with it". Don't you get that?
Last edited by ObsoleteAcc99 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

quintosardo wrote:Bus in StripBus contains what you are looking for, even though it is just called 4k ;)
will absolutely check it out too but you have no demo..

SSl is for me one of the best companies i have deal with,they are really pro, great support..i m sure that 3 times activations is for prevent abuse.. but if you get new computers 3 times and still need activation i doubt they won t give it to you, you can still buy the dongle too.. for me it have never been a issue.

about the comp i think ssl design is maybe too limited for today needs,it work great in some case but precise control on release time for example can really be a must to me, the ssl comps shine cause it s set and forget.. almost impossible to make it sound bad.

Fred_Abstract wrote:SSl is for me one of the best companies i have deal with,they are really pro, great support..i m sure that 3 times activations is for prevent abuse..
if you are sure that means to me you have already contacted their support and asked about 4th activation so can you please put here a copy of their answer

otherwise your input makes zero sense and youd better be silent instead of meanless words...

well have you ever heard about someone loosing his lisence that way?it s already few years.. i doubt you will but yes don t take my words for it, better contact their support.

if one like these plugs but don't buy these cause of this that would really be stupid move to me.

I'd say get the Glue from the Market Place. Busspressor is nice, but the Glue has a more stylish, balanced sound.

yeah well i've had words with Andy so i don't think that's an option now.. and i'm perfectly ok with that.

EDIT - Feb 24th, Andy and i are completely cool with each other and he has changed his license policy.
Last edited by ObsoleteAcc99 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Plus one for the Bus v.2 Quinto made it amazing , actually saves me the buck to get the hardware(as i was just dissapointed from any soft compressors they sounds like nothing) . I compared it to the uad ssl one they are very far away(very harsh compare to Bus), Quinto's one eat it for breakfast !

Ok well does he still offer money back if not satisfied?

i am just not going to spend $30 anymore for plugins with no demo, no resale (i know he allows that)

but the best would be to test it and see if i like it..

For example i don't even know if it has latency. How would i know without trying it?

TheoM wrote:Ok well does he still offer money back if not satisfied?

i am just not going to spend $30 anymore for plugins with no demo, no resale (i know he allows that)

but the best would be to test it and see if i like it..

For example i don't even know if it has latency. How would i know without trying it?
I have all the catalog without one verb i guess, and Quinto plugins sounds amazing.Anyway he is very very nice guy so if u are not satisfied returns it's sure ,but i guess is impossible to dislike Bus.2 if u really want high quality ! .From his plugins i noticed latency only with his Verbtone reverb but this will be fixed as well!
Also Bus.2 will come with graphic interfaces soon with eq and compression is is big big investment. I worked on real SSL console in Paris and this plugin is just amazing from what i remember from the console.

Ok will definitely check into it. I just sold roundtone 3 cause i couldn't click with it, but i like presence which i kept. I know he makes good stuff.. PS i tried the first version of strip bus and it had some latency and i didn't like it and returned it. I think about a year ago or something? so i do hope this version is much improved.

PSP Busspressor is great.

Fred_Abstract wrote:well have you ever heard about someone loosing his lisence that way?it s already few years.. i doubt you will but yes don t take my words for it, better contact their support.

if one like these plugs but don't buy these cause of this that would really be stupid move to me.
Like i said, you may get lucky and get 1 activation reset or so but you WILL be told no more and that you can lose your license if you don't switch to the hardware dongle. The codemeter rules they enforce prohibit license recovery for virtual-dongles, this is easily verified by simply contacting SSL wich i STRONGLY recommend ALL duende users do who rely on the virtual-dongle. You WILL NOT get new activations ALL THREW-OUT LIFE, they may not take your license the first time but WILL force you to use the hardware dongle or then take your license the next time or so. Again this is EASILY verified with a email to SSL. What i state is fact not assumption, i questioned and debated them MANY emails to get a crystal clear understanding of their policy and attitude twards customers, it is so draconian that i'm aware it appears unbelievable to some, but it is true. I still have all my emails from them and my techsupport case number to view the case on their website. The good news is it's easy to confirm or disprove what i say by simply sending SSL a email and asking the right questions, in fact i want people to contact SSL to find out for themselves and if necessary point SSL to this thread.

PS. Sorry for the hijack Theo, but i do feel the SSL duende is NOT a good recommendation because of its draconian copy-protection and i stand by that! and i urge people to try and PROVE me wrong, NOT assume.
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

the hijack is fine as i already decided what i want.. feel free to expose bad support, i am always wanting to know what to avoid these days.. there's always an alternative and choice with the gazillions of plugs out there today :)

TheoM wrote:
kvaca wrote:
TheoM wrote:mac 64?

really want the ssl sound as its perfect for the majority of my music
theres mac beta demo here,dont know if 64 but you can find yourself:
http://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-feedback-compressor-2/

another options are:

SSL clones- Waves, Duende,Sonox,PSP Buspressor...

similar sounding options are - Vertigo VCS2,old Kjaerhus GCO in classic mode...
FWIW, i was excited to test this freebie, it is 32 bit which is not a big deal for one instance that you'd rarely open (bridging in logic is only a pain because the gui has to be in focus or disappears and often steals the shortcut keys.. ), but it failed AU validation. I tried many times.

will contact the dev about it anyway as he might want to fix that. It looks interesting though from the gui :)
The latest mac VST/AU beta now runs in 64bit DAWs, too!

http://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-feedback-compressor-2/
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Return to “Effects”