High quality audio morphing effect plugin, why it doesn't exist yet?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

developers have had about 20 years to do r&d and implement morphing applications
... which suggests it is very, very far from "easy" to do right. It's a completely different skill set to "VA Synth 101", and as Sean @ Valhalla pointed out - the developer must be interested in this specific area of functionality to pursue it to a level that is beyond "average".

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
developers have had about 20 years to do r&d and implement morphing applications
... which suggests it is very, very far from "easy" to do right. It's a completely different skill set to "VA Synth 101", and as Sean @ Valhalla pointed out - the developer must be interested in this specific area of functionality to pursue it to a level that is beyond "average".

Peace,
Andy.
but wait... surely all developers need to do is just learn all the stuff, and then implement it. what can be hard about that? should only take a few months, right?

time to resurrect an old sig...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:time to resurrect an old sig...
:tu:

whyterabbyt wrote:
ZenPunkHippy wrote:

Peace,
Andy.
but wait... surely all developers need to do is just learn all the stuff, and then implement it. what can be hard about that? should only take a few months, right?

time to resurrect an old sig...
We don't need "all the developers learn all the stuff" - firstly we don't need all the vst developers, just those who are already instrested in the subject and secondly, I suppose there are some developers who already have very good basic knowledge of the area.
Thirdly, as said several times, we don't expect the first effort to be "the ultimate morpher", just republish first what we already had 10 years ago. The important thing is that you start working on the area, when the technology goes forward you can apply these innovations. What is this negative wining when pontential customers suggest something? H.

Harry_HH wrote: We don't need "all the developers learn all the stuff" - firstly we don't need all the vst developers, just those who are already instrested in the subject and secondly, I suppose there are some developers who already have very good basic knowledge of the area.
Thirdly, as said several times, we don't expect the first effort to be "the ultimate morpher", just republish first what we already had 10 years ago. The important thing is that you start working on the area, when the technology goes forward you can apply these innovations. What is this negative wining when pontential customers suggest something? H.
For all you know there may be some devs who have already remade what we had 10 years ago, and they're not happy with it and thus wont put it out. Fundamentally what you're asking for is a huge engineering challenge and doing it well requires research and experimentation - neither of which are going to happen within the publics view. This isn't a zoo where you can throw peanuts at a coder and get your jollies off.

Harry_HH wrote:Thirdly, as said several times <...> The important thing is that you start working on the area, when the technology goes forward you can apply these innovations. What is this negative wining when pontential customers suggest something? H.
I'm fairly certain at least one company has been doing this for quite a few years now, but for the life of me I can't recall who it might be. If I remember the name I'll be sure to post back with some details.

[/sarcasm]

Peaec,
Andy.

Harry_HH wrote:We don't need "all the developers learn all the stuff" - firstly we don't need all the vst developers, just those who are already instrested in the subject and secondly, I suppose there are some developers who already have very good basic knowledge of the area.
riiiight. because there's a pool of such people on 'standby', but up till now they've just been too lazy, or distracted to do it right.

but will suddenly rally on demand if you stamp your feet hard enough and shout 'dont talk about the technology just f**king do it'
Thirdly, as said several times, we don't expect the first effort to be "the ultimate morpher", just republish first what we already had 10 years ago.

see that word there? that stupid, silly word 'just'? that stupid, silly word 'just' whereby someone who has absolutely no idea about the work, complexity and challeng of a task they dont comprehend thinks that its use magically trivialises the magnitude of a problem into something no more complex than tying their shoelaces?

dont use it. just stop, mmkay.
What is this negative wining when pontential customers suggest something? H.
You're getting the same response as when a 5-year old demands a rocket-powered unicorn. You're merely getting told why your demands are unrealistic, and presented immaturely. Consider it a learning experience.

Amberience wrote:
For all you know there may be some devs who have already remade what we had 10 years ago, and they're not happy with it and thus wont put it out. Fundamentally what you're asking for is a huge engineering challenge and doing it well requires research and experimentation - neither of which are going to happen within the publics view. This isn't a zoo where you can throw peanuts at a coder and get your jollies off.
Most stupid comment what I've so far read under this thread.
In which century do you live?
We are not "throwing peanuts" to anyone.
We are living in the market economicy: companies everywhere globally in different branches use huge amount money to find out the end-users preferencies via market research. We in this forum are giving that information free of charge. You should welcome this channel, not just complain and list why it's not possible. None of us expect that every single suggestion and idea made by the end users will be realized - and some of them may find it's way in some different form. But the basic attitude should be more positive. One of your argument above: "they're not happy with it and thus wont put it out". What if they also listen what the end-users want, not just satisfy themselfs (and that's what they are doing, I think, just your comment was not from this world). H.

Harry_HH wrote:One of your argument above: "they're not happy with it and thus wont put it out". <...>
Would you put out a song or some other "thing" you'd worked on if you were not happy with it?

Obvious answer is ... obvious.

Peace,
Andy.

whyterabbyt wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:We don't need "all the developers learn all the stuff" - firstly we don't need all the vst developers, just those who are already instrested in the subject and secondly, I suppose there are some developers who already have very good basic knowledge of the area.
riiiight. because there's a pool of such people on 'standby', but up till now they've just been too lazy, or distracted to do it right.

but will suddenly rally on demand if you stamp your feet hard enough and shout 'dont talk about the technology just f**king do it'
Thirdly, as said several times, we don't expect the first effort to be "the ultimate morpher", just republish first what we already had 10 years ago.

see that word there? that stupid, silly word 'just'? that stupid, silly word 'just' whereby someone who has absolutely no idea about the work, complexity and challeng of a task they dont comprehend thinks that its use magically trivialises the magnitude of a problem into something no more complex than tying their shoelaces?

dont use it. just stop, mmkay.
What is this negative wining when pontential customers suggest something? H.
You're getting the same response as when a 5-year old demands a rocket-powered unicorn. You're merely getting told why your demands are unrealistic, and presented immaturely. Consider it a learning experience.
Be careful that do not just choke on the anger. I suggest that you re-read the whole thread. Consider it a learning experience.

Harry_HH wrote: Most stupid comment what I've so far read under this thread.
In which century do you live?
We are not "throwing peanuts" to anyone.
We are living in the market economicy: companies everywhere globally in different branches use huge amount money to find out the end-users preferencies via market research. We in this forum are giving that information free of charge.
sum of all market research obtainable from KVR : "it costs too much, it should do much more but be simpler, and sound better using less CPU power. and I should get a free rocket-ccar and unicorn with it"

Harry_HH wrote: Most stupid comment what I've so far read under this thread.
Maybe try reading some of your own comments bro, coz you sound like a right spoilt Matilda.

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:One of your argument above: "they're not happy with it and thus wont put it out". <...>
Would you put out a song or some other "thing" you'd worked on if you were not happy with it?

Obvious answer is ... obvious.

Peace,
Andy.
With your logic, if the companies wouldn't launch a product before every single engineer and the back room r&d guy were 100 % satisfied, most of the products saw never the sun. H.

Harry_HH wrote: With your logic, if the companies wouldn't launch a product before every single engineer and the back room r&d guy were 100 % satisfied, most of the products saw never the sun. H.
You've got more than one person involved in music software development here telling you things that are actually real and true and are informed by industry experience, and you're scoffing at it like a child.

Wuht???

Amberience wrote:
Harry_HH wrote: With your logic, if the companies wouldn't launch a product before every single engineer and the back room r&d guy were 100 % satisfied, most of the products saw never the sun. H.
You've got more than one person involved in music software development here telling you things that are actually real and true and are informed by industry experience, and you're scoffing at it like a child.

Wuht???

Maybe the forest responses for just as there is shouted. Wuht????
Last edited by Harry_HH on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”