FabFilter Pro-L best for me?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DELETED

But the whole thing is people are arguing black and blue in favour of it for EDM and wasn't it even marketed as such at one point?

anyway, you and I know, let the others live in denial :hihi:

there are just as good comps now and anyway for little $$, so i'd love to just sell it but with the $60 in fees it's not worth it since i'd probably get, um, $60 for it :lol:

bmanic wrote: Vladg's limiter is also very interesting but it's not exactly what I'd call transparent.. at least I had big trouble getting it to stay true to the original material. For me it's more a enhancer+compressor+limiter kind of setup where it further enhances the sound of any source, provided that further enhancing is needed.
Version 1.02 of Limiter No6 for AU works really well for me.
I REALLY like the Limiter, HF Limiter and ISP Protection.
That is all I use in Limiter No6 for mastering.

With all due respect to Vlad, I think the Compressor is "dangerous" in a mastering environment.
I agree that if used transparency is no longer achievable.
I never use it (or the Clipper)

Just to put my observations in context, I own the following limiters:
Pro-L, Xenon, Barricade, Elixir (very transparent but still bugs with Logic), Airwindows ADClip3 and L1

Limiter No6 is very buggy in Logic, it causes Logic's GUI to run extremely slow.
You are currently reading my signature.

is that mountain lion?

it woks great here in snow leopard, have been testing it today.

The mountain lion thing is a MOUNTAIN LION bug which is fixed in 10.8.3 released any day.

djanthonyw wrote:Limiter No6 is very buggy in Logic, it causes Logic's GUI to run extremely slow.
Odd, that isn't my experience with Logic 9.1.8 (32 and 64 bit) on OSX 10.8.2

TheoM wrote:is that mountain lion?

it woks great here in snow leopard, have been testing it today.

The mountain lion thing is a MOUNTAIN LION bug which is fixed in 10.8.3 released any day.
10.6.8 and Logic 9.1.8.

Anyway, Pro-L is still my fav.
You are currently reading my signature.

I know this is becoming an old thread now, but I have to say, Fab has dramatically improved my work and never ceases to amaze me. 100 per cent happy I made the right choice.
PT10, SonicCouture, PSP, FabFilter Pro-L, Kontakt5, HollowSun, Cinematique, VSL, Celemony, Absynth5, Battery3, EWQL, IvoryGrand, Arturia, B4II, Omnisphere, Martin D28, Gibson LP, Fender P, Roland XP10, Reaktor5, HideawayStudio, Waldorf PPGW.

I havn't tried Fabfilter Pro L yet but the Pro C and Q are really good. Fabfilter makes some good stuff!
Sam Hughes3 - After Midnight (Original Mix)

http://snd.sc/ZQdSgQ

Go for it, Sam, you'll love it!
PT10, SonicCouture, PSP, FabFilter Pro-L, Kontakt5, HollowSun, Cinematique, VSL, Celemony, Absynth5, Battery3, EWQL, IvoryGrand, Arturia, B4II, Omnisphere, Martin D28, Gibson LP, Fender P, Roland XP10, Reaktor5, HideawayStudio, Waldorf PPGW.

Yours opinions on Sonnox Limiter?
Does it have lookahead and oversampling?

i'm getting into ALL of the Sonnox plugs. The limiter maybe doesn't have the character of Pro-L, but it's still superb.

The Sonnox Limiter is excellent but needs some tweaking to get the most transparent sound with appropriate loudness. It's not a limiter you can push to the limits, it tends to distort very easy if driven too much.
IMO the Flux limiter is better than Sonnox and Pro-L better than Flux after this Elephant.

people LOVE the Elephant. I just don't get that so much. It's ok. but,
... i guess I can't argue with what the people want.

What's the best limiter for electronic music; Fabfilter pro-L or PSP Audioware Xenon?

Return to “Effects”