Transient Shapers (you gotta love'em!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I still wonder what people think about alloy 2 and the multiband transient. I saw the demo on it but I'll be damned if I can understand it. The low end is easy enough, but they talk about the hats and snares being separate (in a full mix) and I can get that at all.

I thought this might be of interest to the people here:

You can get 3 SPL plugins for a total of 20$ (or a single one for 9$) at Plugin-Alliance : Attacker, De-Verb and Mo-Verb.

Use coupon code SPLUSALAUNCH at checkout (This will basically give you a 50$ discount on every SPL plugin in your cart).

hibidy wrote:I still wonder what people think about alloy 2 and the multiband transient. I saw the demo on it but I'll be damned if I can understand it. The low end is easy enough, but they talk about the hats and snares being separate (in a full mix) and I can get that at all.
do you get muti-band compression? ;)
I guess that when they are referring to the elements as being separate it's because in most part they are (still, depending on the instruments)

I guess you would get more "glue" if you use a multi-band transient shaper on a fairly simple bus instead of adding a transient shaper on every channel.

ferez21 wrote:I thought this might be of interest to the people here:

You can get 3 SPL plugins for a total of 20$ (or a single one for 9$) at Plugin-Alliance : Attacker, De-Verb and Mo-Verb.

Use coupon code SPLUSALAUNCH at checkout (This will basically give you a 50$ discount on every SPL plugin in your cart).
OMG, apparently it's true! Thanks allot man! :)
added: than again, I'm not sure I'll be needing these, I'll pass.

3ee wrote:
hibidy wrote:I still wonder what people think about alloy 2 and the multiband transient. I saw the demo on it but I'll be damned if I can understand it. The low end is easy enough, but they talk about the hats and snares being separate (in a full mix) and I can get that at all.
do you get muti-band compression? ;)
I guess that when they are referring to the elements as being separate it's because in most part they are (still, depending on the instruments)

I guess you would get more "glue" if you use a multi-band transient shaper on a fairly simple bus instead of adding a transient shaper on every channel.
I understand. I was just thinking that in most cases you'd want to transient the low/high differently, but in the mid/highs there isn't as much difference. Somehow, I started though to picture being able to use it.

Something to play around with tonight :)

Very cool. So if De-Reverb is the Release half of SPL Transient Designer, and Attacker is the Attack half, does that mean you can get the equivalent of the SPL Transient Designer for 18 bucks? No iLok?

Interesting. Alloy in multiband can really add flavor with adding a bit in high (at around 1.5kh up) and a bit in the low (below 120hz) Strange I never thought of that before. Anyways, really gives a bit a zip w/o anything too harsh that I can hear.

Here's a clip. Should be obvious.

https://www.box.com/s/6b4c313ig32p23c829rt

bbaggins wrote:

Very cool. So if De-Reverb is the Release half of SPL Transient Designer, and Attacker is the Attack half, does that mean you can get the equivalent of the SPL Transient Designer for 18 bucks? No iLok?
You get three quarters of Transient Designer. De-Verb and Mo-Verb replace the release side, but Attacker only covers half of the attack side - you cannot attenuate the transient.

Still, a complete no-brainer IMHO, bought them within minutes of reading about the offer and they sound great.

hibidy wrote:Interesting. Alloy in multiband can really add flavor with adding a bit in high (at around 1.5kh up) and a bit in the low (below 120hz) Strange I never thought of that before. Anyways, really gives a bit a zip w/o anything too harsh that I can hear.

I perceived a click when switching on/off, in rest maybe it's the sounds themselves that sound rattley and the transient shaper helps with a zoom in. :D

lnikj wrote:
bbaggins wrote:

You get three quarters of Transient Designer. De-Verb and Mo-Verb replace the release side, but Attacker only covers half of the attack side - you cannot attenuate the transient.

Still, a complete no-brainer IMHO, bought them within minutes of reading about the offer and they sound great.
no-brainer if one's desperate for a good transient shaper, but it's kind of ridiculous... 3 plugs (still incomplete) instead of one. :roll:

3ee wrote: no-brainer if one's desperate for a good transient shaper, but it's kind of ridiculous... 3 plugs (still incomplete) instead of one. :roll:
Yes, but I normally use only the Attack or the Release side of a transient shaper, rarely both simultaneously. However, not being able to apply negative gain makes Attacker kind of a one-trick pony. I'll pass.

And yes, I am on the hunt ("desperate" is too dramatic) for a good transient shaper that doesn't cost $200.

3 plugs is a bit silly I agree, but I have Alloy too, so three quarters of a great sounding solution works for me at a tenth of the price of the full solution. YMMV! :)

I must admit, I tried the Attacker plug and I like it's character (it's noticeably different than NI Transient Master's for example)

Basically you'll need only 2 to construct the "full" transient shaper no?
The Attacker and the Mo-verb.

Mo-verb brings more sustain thus masking the attack, right?
At least the NI one works this way as I found out so it must mostly relate I guess.

3ee wrote:
hibidy wrote:Interesting. Alloy in multiband can really add flavor with adding a bit in high (at around 1.5kh up) and a bit in the low (below 120hz) Strange I never thought of that before. Anyways, really gives a bit a zip w/o anything too harsh that I can hear.

I perceived a click when switching on/off, in rest maybe it's the sounds themselves that sound rattley and the transient shaper helps with a zoom in. :D
Not sure I understand the rest but yeah, there is a click when going from on to off.

hibidy wrote:
3ee wrote:

Not sure I understand the rest but yeah, there is a click when going from on to off.
Was referring to the snare drum rattle in this example that it kinda gets accentuated with the transient shaper on.

And in general it's a good idea to make a folder with the very best audio tracks for different tests. What I mean is, if there were a harshy sounding drum loop, the plugins tested with it might sound well... you guessed it ;)

Also, it's always good to test in comparison (best plug IYO* VS the new one) and always watch those levels especially with dynamic processors. Once I tested a compressor, reported that is sounds bad, but it turned out that I was over-driving the master limiter without noticing. :D

*IYO = In Your Opinion :lol:

Return to “Effects”