SKnote c165a - Have You Used This Amazing Comp Yet?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Major kudos to SKnote for this really, really good compressor. If you're a fan of the DBX VCA compressors, you'll love this thing. If you aren't too familiar with DBX compression/limiters, it might be a good idea to get more familiarized with them. :)

If you're interested, here's an in-depth review.

SKnote c165a Review - DBX Compressor Modelling Excellence
Last edited by Brother Charles on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

I own every plugin almost of Quinto ! I do agree with this review !

DELETED

maxxxter wrote:The problem is - it can't be tried!
yes...looks funny

Brother Charles:
althoug this plugin is very good the title of this topic is a bit misleading and should be changed or shortened untill theres a demo available...

kvaca wrote:
yes...looks funny

Brother Charles:
althoug this plugin is very good the title of this topic is a bit misleading and should be changed or shortened untill theres a demo available...

Nonsense - everyone who can buy it, can also try it. If you don't like it, simply ask for a refund.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

its a great comp. up there with the best.

analoguesamples909 wrote:its a great comp. up there with the best.
Agreed. I'm still excited to use it, after all these months. Nothing else for Mac VST has that "spanky" sound, IMO.

kvaca wrote:
yes...looks funny

Brother Charles:
Duely noted, friend.

Ok, changing the title of this post to read: "Used" instead of "Tried". :D

Developer, Quinto Sardo, is a wonderful developer and a true European gentleman. He very graciously refunds your money if you are unsatisfied with your purchase. No questions asked. Demos get cracked. Unscrupulous people go to audio warez sites and download em' all the time. Mr. Sardo doesn't expend SKnote's development budget, nor time, creating demos; only to have his product(s) devalued on some script kiddie warez site. He's a man of honor, and his plugins are very well worth their cost. If his products were being sold by a large, commercial vendor, they would probably go "on sale" for $100 or greater.

It is for this reason that Reviewer's Revival Blog Site brings attention to independent developers like SKnote. While it's true that Mr. Costello provides demos of Valhalla plugins, I suspect that his reverb wonders are well-respected because of their excellent quality for affordable prices. I pray the same for SKnote, Kuassa, AcmeBarGig and others of their ilk.

Something that I personally really admire about SKnote, is that as the plugins are gradually increasing in popularity, the business practices and pricing remain 'value-concious'. Quinto really cares about his customers and is constantly working at making things better and better. He's gracious and accommodating and truly cares about his customers' satisfaction. You'll find that most SKnote customers are so happy with their purchases, that the 'demo concerns' are quickly abated. You know, like when Valhalla Vintage Verb was released, most of Sean C's customers didn't bother demo it. They 'knew' it would be really good. . . :D. I'm one of em'. I love, love, love VVV. :love:
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

I have it, was super impressed by how good it sounded. Super impressed!

Although I've had mixed feelings about some of Quintos other plug-ins. I've not tried all that many though.

I really like his plate reverb and can't wait for his EMT 250 and DDD, will buy instantly I expect.

Recently got an interest in getting Strip Bus again just for the SSl 4k bus comp.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Brother Charles wrote:Major kudos to SKnote for this really, really good compressor. If you're a fan of the DBX VCA compressors, you'll love this thing. If you aren't too familiar with DBX compression/limiters, it might be a good idea to get more familiarized with them. :)

If you're interested, here's an in-depth review.

SKnote c165a Review - DBX Compressor Modelling Excellence
fantastic. Had a hardware dbx in the old days and loved it. Was not keen on NI's version, which was surprising, as i own almost every other softube plugin, and love the job they did on the all the other Ni stuff.

Great to read about a very inexpensive alternative..
I want this i think!!

MUST..... RESIST.........

Aiynzahev wrote:I have it, was super impressed by how good it sounded. Super impressed!

Although I've had mixed feelings about some of Quintos other plug-ins. I've not tried all that many though.

I really like his plate reverb and can't wait for his EMT 250 and DDD, will buy instantly I expect.

Recently got an interest in getting Strip Bus again just for the SSl 4k bus comp.
If you go for the comp before i do, let me know? maybe i can plunge in DBX and you on SSL and we can give each other opinions :lol:

thanks for clarification and topics renaming Brother Charles,now its much closer to reality... :)
Brother Charles wrote: He very graciously refunds your money if you are unsatisfied with your purchase. No questions asked. Demos get cracked. Unscrupulous people go to audio warez sites and download em' all the time.
so nobody can honestly try a demo because these unscrupulous people can have free fully functional version /via sent money - refund - retain plugin/... :shrug:
Last edited by kvaca on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Actually not enough time to manage demo versions.
We'd get great advantage from having demo versions (you can imagine). So missing demo versions are NOT a pleasure here ;)

Brother Charles wrote:
kvaca wrote:
yes...looks funny

Brother Charles:
Duely noted, friend.

Ok, changing the title of this post to read: "Used" instead of "Tried". :D

Developer, Quinto Sardo, is a wonderful developer and a true European gentleman. He very graciously refunds your money if you are unsatisfied with your purchase. No questions asked. Demos get cracked. Unscrupulous people go to audio warez sites and download em' all the time. Mr. Sardo doesn't expend SKnote's development budget, nor time, creating demos; only to have his product(s) devalued on some script kiddie warez site. He's a man of honor, and his plugins are very well worth their cost. If his products were being sold by a large, commercial vendor, they would probably go "on sale" for $100 or greater.

It is for this reason that Reviewer's Revival Blog Site brings attention to independent developers like SKnote. While it's true that Mr. Costello provides demos of Valhalla plugins, I suspect that his reverb wonders are well-respected because of their excellent quality for affordable prices. I pray the same for SKnote, Kuassa, AcmeBarGig and others of their ilk.

Something that I personally really admire about SKnote, is that as the plugins are gradually increasing in popularity, the business practices and pricing remain 'value-concious'. Quinto really cares about his customers and is constantly working at making things better and better. He's gracious and accommodating and truly cares about his customers' satisfaction. You'll find that most SKnote customers are so happy with their purchases, that the 'demo concerns' are quickly abated. You know, like when Valhalla Vintage Verb was released, most of Sean C's customers didn't bother demo it. They 'knew' it would be really good. . . :D. I'm one of em'. I love, love, love VVV. :love:
All very true.It was after I read your review on stagespace that I purchased it and loved it! Then went on to purchase his other verbs and now I fear my SKnote folder is going to end up very big.Gonna grab this comp today I think..... :cry:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

quintosardo wrote:Actually not enough time to manage demo versions.
We'd get great advantage from having demo versions (you can imagine). So missing demo versions are NOT a pleasure here ;)
well...this the only explanation I can somehow accept :wink:

edit:
but still...there exist easy solution - lately used by Elevayta I think - use as a demo older uncrippled versions, only without latest improvement...this will not cost you any additional work and Im sure that its much better than force people to buy without demo... :)
Last edited by kvaca on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Effects”