SKnote c165a - Have You Used This Amazing Comp Yet?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Grabbing this and grasso later today :hyper:

Looking very closely at GTS39 as a grungy LA2a alternative also.

Good choices, man. Great choices. Most of the SKnote pluggies that incorporate oversampling do so at 4x. Hmmm . . . GTS-39 uses a whopping 8x. It sounds terrific, but I pray that Quinto incorporates a "HQ on Export" option like he did with StripBus.
TheoM wrote:Grabbing this and grasso later today :hyper:

Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

Quinto seems pretty receptive to FR's so I'm sure he will do that at some stage. Really amazing guy actually, a recent email conversation with him just shows me what a delight he is to support :)

TheoM wrote:Grabbing this and grasso later today :hyper:
fine...and now look at that limiter only to see how analog-style limiter should actually sound :D

TheoM wrote:

Stripbus includes a highly sophisticated LA2a emulation. ;)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Ok yes Quinto just told me that via email.. interesting.. so is that in the channel strip or only the bus strip? I doubt i'd want to use an LA2A on anything other than a vocal bus as far as using it on a bus is concerned.. certainly not on the master lol.

both the gts39 and the 165 have a very skewed parameter range distribution, especially with their release control. 95% of the knob range control a very small internal control value. The upper last 5 % adjust the more common, longer release times.

This potentially leads to very quick release settings on both compressors which of course add lot of distortion on sustained and bass heavy signals.

Hopefully the value distribution will get an overhaul in the near future to allow for better control of the more sensitive control ranges.

Both effects sound absolutely amazing tough, if you know their quirks :)

Is ist for Mac OS 10.10.5?
Mac Pro, 6-Core, 32 GB, macOS 10.13.4,
Logic 10.4.1, FInal Cut Pro X

i have all his plugins and i use the most SDC and the DBX.The dbx sounds very close to my hw vca's its really in that ballpark. With those two and MJUC i don't need much of hw compression anymore i am using sometimes the new Drawmer just to make things a bit more alive and thats it.

Return to “Effects”