Henry Olonga releases Amps for Nebula and more stuff........

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey thanks for asking. I get best results when using them in conjunction with a Nebula pre. Henry has a nice Neve 1073 and I also tend to use the Gemini 1073 pre quite a bit in front of the the Big Amp. So it's like simulating a pre with color and harmonics capturing the Big Amp. They interact well and create a nice realistic effect than just using one alone and the cpu hit is not too bad. From there I just select the program whether it is the smooth or warm program for instance that fits the vibe. And then I'll crank the vibe according to taste. I'll often use a post eq and eq on a guitar or something to shape the tone. The downside with the Nebula guitar amps is that there isn't really an interactive eq control but of course you can do a lot with eq pre (guitar tone pots for instance) or post (with Nebula eq or another digital eq). Really like the end result and the fact that Nebula is capturing the cab section makes everything more dynamic and responsive and it really improves the overall tone versus other AC30 models. Hope that helps.[/quote]

Yep ! Thanks for the answer ! i read your post the one you try to give some insight about amps styles and the best ones for modeling... in your use how close in % this nebula amps are close to the real deal? i know that they dont go crazzy in the high gain stuff..but with a distortion plugin you can get closer... compared to amp sims they just kick ass! LOL . Man to "crank the vibe" as you say what plugins you tend to use? im getting good results with izotope trash2 before nebula amp... TKS
pe4ce

Yep ! Thanks for the answer ! i read your post the one you try to give some insight about amps styles and the best ones for modeling... in your use how close in % this nebula amps are close to the real deal? i know that they dont go crazzy in the high gain stuff..but with a distortion plugin you can get closer... compared to amp sims they just kick ass! LOL . Man to "crank the vibe" as you say what plugins you tend to use? im getting good results with izotope trash2 before nebula amp... TKS
pe4ce

Hey Acc .. you dont wanna tell me your secrets? LOL
:lol:
pe4ce

AC222 wrote:
Soldano SLO 100 - Another special amp and one of my all time favs because of how well it records. Eddie Van Halen also helped make this amp immensely popular. It sounds great when cranked almost all the way!

Very Cool Amps That Haven't Been Modeled Much By Alternatives:

Mesa Boogie Mark IV - Less throaty and aggressive than Mesa Boogie's higher gain amps their medium/high gain tones sound very rich, dark and tasty. A lot of people on the net comment that they wish there were Mark IV models out there.
Rivera KnuckleHead - I like the last two higher gain channels in particularly. People like that in your face tone they have.
Peavey JSX - The Ultra Channel is awesome. Very unique tube breakup.
Hughes And Kettner Triamp - I happen to like the middle channels the best
Orange Amps - Not my favorite but there's a huge cult following for these amps - they do have the crunchy English sound but tend to sound a bit fuzzier and darker than Marshall amps I have tried. Keep in mind that there is at least one company that has modeled this amp and people seem to like it but I won't mention the name because they will try to bogart this thread lol.

Super High Gain Amps That are Awesome
Diezel VH4
Engl Savage 120
VHT/Fryette Ultra Lead
Mesa Boogie Dual/Triple Rectifier
Bogner Uberschall
Peavey 5150/5150 II (of course)

I highly doubt that you are going to get much out of modeling the super high gain stuff because of Nebula's limitations. And its worth noting that companies like Overloud and even free developers like TSE (The Serina Experiment) have an awesome 5150 model already so it might be difficult to do better than what is available already in that arena.

If Nebula *could* model the high gain amps, I'd be more than happy to start using it and sample the amps I have. I've got a few high gain tube amps and preamps and a bunch of the *good* solid state ones. It would sure beat dropping $1800+ on a Kemper, and then you'd still be able to do everything in the box.
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

Are these available in a bundle? I see it says "This is part of the Deluxe guitar amp bundle" on several of the individual amp pages, but don't see anywhere that you can purchase the bundle. Thanks!

bharris22 wrote:Are these available in a bundle? I see it says "This is part of the Deluxe guitar amp bundle" on several of the individual amp pages, but don't see anywhere that you can purchase the bundle. Thanks!
Hey man this is part of the bundle.the bundle wasnt released yet, its part of the high end stuff from Henry olonga. this releases it seems to be just a teaser fully functional and great! but the bundle is a future release bro. the high gain stuff inst the hot spot of nebula, but you can put a distortion plugin before nebual and adjust to your taste.
:shock:
pe4ce

strato rules wrote:Yep ! Thanks for the answer ! i read your post the one you try to give some insight about amps styles and the best ones for modeling... in your use how close in % this nebula amps are close to the real deal? i know that they dont go crazzy in the high gain stuff..but with a distortion plugin you can get closer... compared to amp sims they just kick ass! LOL . Man to "crank the vibe" as you say what plugins you tend to use? im getting good results with izotope trash2 before nebula amp... TKS
Hey strato rules,

Sorry for the late response. I have been traveling this summer and haven't had much time to catch up with anything whether it be e-mails or vms let alone my beloved kvr;

In terms of how close to the real deal. I would say that it can get between 90% to 95% of the real thing, which is amazing if you ask me. However, you really need to find the right programs but each program can only get you a near exact approximation of the sound with certain settings. It's not like you can just go and play with the gain and eq controls like on an amp. I would say the Kemper is something like 95% close to the real deal as well so around the same ballpark but much less tweakable. With the Kemper, it is amazingly close but when you a/b, there is a little something that is missing from using real analog gear. The Kemper models tend to loose a tiny bit of bottom end and aren't quite as lively or rich with the harmonics. But is very, very subtle. Most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference without doing a direct a/b.

I often use a preamp program like Gemini's 10730 or Henry Olonga's 1073 preamp program and push up the drive to taste. This gives me a bit more color of the preamp and adds a little grit. I'm not an expert on all the "nonlinear hype" but the preamps seem to really interact well with the guitar amp programs. Putting the preamp in front seems to add a bit of extra magic imo. But maybe it's too subtle for some to hear. But I certainly feel that I do.

If you want to add distortion in front, I recommend using a digital stomp box plugin after the preamp but before the guitar amp sim.

There are definitely some digital emulations of stomp pedals that I am also partial to. The TSE (theserinaexperiment.com) ones are out of this world imo in terms of realism. The TSE808 reminds me so much of the real tubescreamers that I've played in the past. Also the Proco Rat model (R47) is really rad. I hope some day he decides to make a Big Muff model as well.

IK also is making some really cool pedals that you can buy with their custom these days but I've stuck with the tubescreamer from TSE as I feel it is the most accurate tube screamer model to date. However, I would also invite you to check out Alu's (igniteamps.com) amazing original pedals that are like hot rodded tube screamer pedals. They don't have the same midrange bump that the TSE and real pedals do but they certainly have a flavorful vibe with much more tweakbility for different sounds. He has two different versions. I haven't played with them at length for a more detailed description.

Regarding the IK stuff, their newer Fulltone pedals are supposed to be fantastic and leaps and bounds better than the original pedals (like their first take on the tubescreamer that doesn't respond as well to playing dynamics). It is clear that IK's new stuff is very realistic and their older stuff is a bit of a novelty in comparison.

Dominus wrote:
AC222 wrote:
Soldano SLO 100 - Another special amp and one of my all time favs because of how well it records. Eddie Van Halen also helped make this amp immensely popular. It sounds great when cranked almost all the way!

Very Cool Amps That Haven't Been Modeled Much By Alternatives:

Mesa Boogie Mark IV - Less throaty and aggressive than Mesa Boogie's higher gain amps their medium/high gain tones sound very rich, dark and tasty. A lot of people on the net comment that they wish there were Mark IV models out there.
Rivera KnuckleHead - I like the last two higher gain channels in particularly. People like that in your face tone they have.
Peavey JSX - The Ultra Channel is awesome. Very unique tube breakup.
Hughes And Kettner Triamp - I happen to like the middle channels the best
Orange Amps - Not my favorite but there's a huge cult following for these amps - they do have the crunchy English sound but tend to sound a bit fuzzier and darker than Marshall amps I have tried. Keep in mind that there is at least one company that has modeled this amp and people seem to like it but I won't mention the name because they will try to bogart this thread lol.

Super High Gain Amps That are Awesome
Diezel VH4
Engl Savage 120
VHT/Fryette Ultra Lead
Mesa Boogie Dual/Triple Rectifier
Bogner Uberschall
Peavey 5150/5150 II (of course)

I highly doubt that you are going to get much out of modeling the super high gain stuff because of Nebula's limitations. And its worth noting that companies like Overloud and even free developers like TSE (The Serina Experiment) have an awesome 5150 model already so it might be difficult to do better than what is available already in that arena.

If Nebula *could* model the high gain amps, I'd be more than happy to start using it and sample the amps I have. I've got a few high gain tube amps and preamps and a bunch of the *good* solid state ones. It would sure beat dropping $1800+ on a Kemper, and then you'd still be able to do everything in the box.
I wholeheartedly agree!

Hey strato rules,

Sorry for the late response. I have been traveling this summer and haven't had much time to catch up with anything whether it be e-mails or vms let alone my beloved kvr;

Hey Ac222! LOL traveling? allways nice! hey man i was just kiddin! LOL... soo 90 to 95% close? damn ! i was afraid to say that because i dont have "that" experience with real amps .. but i do notice a very significant difference from nebula amps... henry stuff... man nice to hear that! i wasnt dreaming ! LOL ! and about the plugins from tSE they are really nice thanks for the tips! the r47 is new for me... and i like it! im just thinking " damn nebula stuff sound very close to the real deal and i think man in the box sounds useful ..if you understand how to use and when to use. this amps came in the right time for me and im just waitting the high end stuff from henry... what is missing is just a little more info , maybe some youtube video "demo" of that stuff. cause people dont know what they're missing! Man dont stress thanks for your response and youre tips, nice to hear from someone with knowledge! and the kemper stuff is great too! do you heard about "two notes torpedo" stuff?

pe4ce

strato rules wrote:Hey strato rules,

Hey Ac222! LOL traveling? allways nice! hey man i was just kiddin! LOL... soo 90 to 95% close? damn ! i was afraid to say that because i dont have "that" experience with real amps .. but i do notice a very significant difference from nebula amps... henry stuff... man nice to hear that! i wasnt dreaming ! LOL ! and about the plugins from tSE they are really nice thanks for the tips! the r47 is new for me... and i like it! im just thinking " damn nebula stuff sound very close to the real deal and i think man in the box sounds useful ..if you understand how to use and when to use. this amps came in the right time for me and im just waitting the high end stuff from henry... what is missing is just a little more info , maybe some youtube video "demo" of that stuff. cause people dont know what they're missing! Man dont stress thanks for your response and youre tips, nice to hear from someone with knowledge! and the kemper stuff is great too! do you heard about "two notes torpedo" stuff?

Yeah I have the two notes torpedo stuff. I just recently upgraded and bought a bunch of new cabs. My honest take is that Nebula sound quality is better if you are a plug and play guy but it might be possible to get a better job by heavy tweaking with the torpedo stuff. The Nebula stuff just sounds more realistic but you can get interesting results with the Torpedo because it models a power amp section that supposedly interacts with the preamp and cab to create interesting nonlinear results. It's a bit of hype to me. It does something but on its own the Nebula stuff imo is more realistic.

Yeah I have the two notes torpedo stuff. I just recently upgraded and bought a bunch of new cabs. My honest take is that Nebula sound quality is better if you are a plug and play guy but it might be possible to get a better job by heavy tweaking with the torpedo stuff. The Nebula stuff just sounds more realistic but you can get interesting results with the Torpedo because it models a power amp section that supposedly interacts with the preamp and cab to create interesting nonlinear results. It's a bit of hype to me. It does something but on its own the Nebula stuff imo is more realistic.[/quote]

Hey man! Nice! the hardaware from two notes pi101 is very cool too!!! If you have time check out my video on youtube a little demo from the vox ac30 henry holonga stuff,just a quick video dont know if is cool enough! LOL... i just use your tips the tube screamer.. nebula vst - henry olonga AMP (free) is the tittle. peace man
pe4ce

strato rules wrote:Yeah I have the two notes torpedo stuff. I just recently upgraded and bought a bunch of new cabs. My honest take is that Nebula sound quality is better if you are a plug and play guy but it might be possible to get a better job by heavy tweaking with the torpedo stuff. The Nebula stuff just sounds more realistic but you can get interesting results with the Torpedo because it models a power amp section that supposedly interacts with the preamp and cab to create interesting nonlinear results. It's a bit of hype to me. It does something but on its own the Nebula stuff imo is more realistic.

Hey man! Nice! the hardaware from two notes pi101 is very cool too!!! If you have time check out my video on youtube a little demo from the vox ac30 henry holonga stuff,just a quick video dont know if is cool enough! LOL... i just use your tips the tube screamer.. nebula vst - henry olonga AMP (free) is the tittle. peace man[/quote]

Nice chops, Petey :hihi:

Nice chops, Petey :hihi:[/quote]

Thanks bro! just dont know if my simple video show the truly potential of the amp...LOL first video .... but maybe i can do more videos... if you have any sugestions on how to present in a different way... just hit me! :x
pe4ce

Here's the first of many

Henry Olonga releases APG RVR AMP Pro - Reverb-a-rocket emulation. When you want a warm presentation.

URL : http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=h ... -pro-96khz

Is there anywhere where one could hear the presets how they sound?
"Always outnumbered, never outgunned"
'There are some sissies who paint their face and listen emo-metal'

Return to “Effects”