No more De La Mancha!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ouroboros wrote:He's a great guy. All the best and hopes that bigger things are coming to him!
indeed, i really hope it was a rather fortunate situation causing him to make that decision.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

I wonder if they will release them for free for the old owners and fans?

last year i sold my DeLaMancha licenses, because i was on mac for a while then. anyway it was hard to sell them, because i loved the plug ins and i always hoped, there would be Synthedit on mac and i could use all these wonderfully quirky sound mangling tools again.
all the best to the nice guy, who made them!

:)
"It dreamed itself along"

Still looking for a kind soul who can send me a link for Strip T's v1.01 as I never updated before DLM closed.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

I remember as a kid hearing the stories of De La Mancha, how he used to tame & ride wild buffalo in the night, then I tried Erratic drum sampler and knew it was all true.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Oh man. :( This is sad news indeed. Slix is a beautiful "let the universe decide" rhythm machine that will always have a place in my plugin collection alongside many other dlm creations. Thank you, dlm, for your unique contributions, and I wish you all the best!

Oh wow. Sad to see delaMancha go! I always thought he was one of our success stories...

Sad news indeed. I did think he'd been quiet as of recent. Anything related to music is generally a tough game to get into commercially. It was good whilst it lasted.

Luckily, I backup every revision of every installer, but I feel for those that don't have the paranoia/foresight (take your pick) to do so.

Thank you, & good luck in whatever you do next Steve. I hope everything is alright.

Woah, many thanks for your kind words and thoughts, it makes it even harder to quit and sorry I couldn't give more notice.

I wanted to write a thread to explain, and had to rush a change to my website today, then you guys beat me to it to post on KVR. Anyway, here goes...

The reason it is so sudden is that beyond my control and abilities, the webshop software and database has been corrupted and is no longer functioning. Despite my best efforts to repair, despite I had backups and took precautions, it is utterly dead. I won't bore you with the details, but the complex relationship (for me anyway) between php programming, sql databases, ad-hoc patches and customisations, complicated upgrade procedures and security issues have conspired to totally f**k up the webshop.

So losing that I have lost access to the backend software and the database and it means you can't access your accounts and download links, or make any purchases.

I apologise for the inconvenience, but it means I really can't send you new download links or sell plugins :(

So, that's the technical reason. There's also a personal side to it too. Nothing bad, just typical real life stuff taking 110% of my time and no spare minutes to dedicate to plugins. The last plugins I developed was back in 2011 and I didn't even have time to enter the KVR Dev Challenge, as much as I would have loved to. So with this technical hurdle getting in the way, I don't have time or energy to work around it or start again. Sorry.

I don't care that SynthEdit has limitations, nor that pirates distribute my software (lol, they had to buy it first though) or that working in a supermarket would pay more per hour than selling plugins. Those reasons wouldn't stop me, it was always about the challenge, the inspiration, the collaboration and making twisted noises.

I want to thank all of you for making the music tech community as vibrant and inspiring as it is. KVR got me started in using plugins and making music and I never would have made plugins if it wasnt for the help here. There's so many people to thank personally that I couldn't begin to list them all here, but there is a special thank you to say to Sink, an awesome collaborator and friend-for-life to whom I owe a lot of gratitude for helping make dlM plugins what they are. Merci mon ami! There's loads of you I'd like to thank but if I start a list I'll inevitably forget someone.

I'm not completely disapearing, the website remains and the freeware is still downloadable. Anything you bought from me will continue to work for as long as computers and hosts will run them.

Your kind words and warm wishes are very touching and validate for me that it was all worth doing, an unforgettable life experience and I'm proud to have been a little part of it.

Keep making noises, music and trouble

Steve

Top dev!! So long Steve, I wish you all the best for the future m8. :hug:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

The only real activity I've seen from him over the last year or so have been a few sales. Glad I snatched up everything that had use for then. Thanks Steve, and best of luck.

You see more pretty ladies working at a market than you do making plugins, that ones for sure.
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

It was a good ride, man. You did some of the most interesting concepts - not the ordinary strung together stuff. Best of luck in your future endeavours.

Enjoyed some of your freeware plugs while i was on a windows pc.
Best of luck, Steve.

I still use Unstable semi-religiously. Good luck!

~Brendan
[Insert Signature Here]

Return to “Effects”