64-bit oscilloscope (VST or AU)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dozius wrote:There was a lot of work done on Github at the beginning of the summer. Smexoscope was ported to the latest VST SDK and x64 in the beginning of June. Sorry to say, but I think you might have just duplicated effort. :(
It's on a public repository? Any plans for a release?

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Viking4 wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Do any have an option so that repetitive signals can be observed as a continuous shape on the screen, like hardware oscilloscopes?

I've tried quite a few option including IL Wave Candy but none seem to be able to do this
Hi there,

Try out Melda's MOscilloscope.
:dog:

Its the same as the one in MMultiAnalyser but for some reason didnt think it worked that way.
Just compared it with Wave Candy and it does indeed display the continuous shape as I was hoping

:tu:
Cool!

:tu:

waltercruz wrote:
Dozius wrote:There was a lot of work done on Github at the beginning of the summer. Smexoscope was ported to the latest VST SDK and x64 in the beginning of June. Sorry to say, but I think you might have just duplicated effort. :(
https://github.com/bdejong/smartelectronix

Bram and I were trying to get the CI build servers to auto populate releases on Github but ran into issues and abandoned it for the time being. I think any plans for binary releases would be to get the CI configuration going.

Dozius wrote:
waltercruz wrote:
https://github.com/bdejong/smartelectronix

Bram and I were trying to get the CI build servers to auto populate releases on Github but ran into issues and abandoned it for the time being. I think any plans for binary releases would be to get the CI configuration going.

Nice! BTW, Thank you for your work on this and on OBxd Dozius! :)

Dozius wrote:
Manak1n wrote:Today I finished porting s(M)exoscope to macOS 64-bit. Just sent an email to Bram, and I'll let you guys know as soon as a download link goes up (either by him or by me).
Kudos~

Edit: AMA
There was a lot of work done on Github at the beginning of the summer. Smexoscope was ported to the latest VST SDK and x64 in the beginning of June. Sorry to say, but I think you might have just duplicated effort. :(
Only took a few days, so no biggie. From what I saw, the builds were windows-only anyway even though they might have been 64-bit compatible. (they use a few things unavailable in macOS SDKs).

waltercruz wrote:Nice! BTW, Thank you for your work on this and on OBxd Dozius! :)
You're welcome!
Manak1n wrote:Only took a few days, so no biggie. From what I saw, the builds were windows-only anyway even though they might have been 64-bit compatible. (they use a few things unavailable in macOS SDKs).
There is a CI build server for windows and for Mac, so all pull requests need to build on both platforms before they are merged. I can't test on Mac and Bram can't test on Windows, so it's one of the first things that needed to be setup. Anyways, it would be great to have another contributor, if you are interested. I haven't had any time for it in the past few months.

Dozius wrote:There is a CI build server for windows and for Mac, so all pull requests need to build on both platforms before they are merged. I can't test on Mac and Bram can't test on Windows, so it's one of the first things that needed to be setup. Anyways, it would be great to have another contributor, if you are interested. I haven't had any time for it in the past few months.
I can probably help out, but I have no idea how GitHub/CI build servers work at the moment. Also, I need to finish setting up my hackintosh laptop so I can do development on the go. Only thing not working is (ironically) audio and sleep. Sleep will probably never work though, so not trying hard on that one. After that, I plan to extend s(M)exoscope to do a few more neat things, then I'll be free to do other stuff. This was my first time working with audio in code, and I'm hooked! :hyper:

For anyone waiting for the AU/VST, it's coming soon. Bram said I can distribute it myself, but he'll need a form signed in order to get it up on his site. I'm a little reluctant to distribute myself because I'm not too familiar with GPL so I'm trying to figure that out a little so I can redistribute but still credit Bram adequately.

Besides our WaveShaper CM (ships with Computer Music Magazine, both print and online I think), you can also use VolumeShaper. Simply set its Mix knob to 0%.

If you want, you can set the LFO speed/length in both to bpm or Hz, but also to the pitch of the note that you're playing for a good oscilloscope view.

VolumeShaper also allows you to resize the waveform/oscilloscope. It does not scroll, though (WaveShaper does).

Padillac,
Did you try the 64 bit Oscarizor? It's free but they also have a paid version for 25 or so euros. It does oscope and spectrum stuff. Easy to use, no cpu hit.

www.sugaraudio.de/oscarizor/

I apologize for the wait, download is now available on my site http://armandomontanez.com/ Also, might be worth taking a peek at the plugin "coming soon" ;)
Those with macOS DAWs using VST/VST3, let me know if those work as I haven't been able to test them yet.

If there's a need for 64-bit windows VST I can figure out how to build on windows as well and get those out there.

I just bought a Philips 15 mhz dual trace scope and 2 10x probes off CL for 25.00.

s(M)exoscope is not passing validation in Logic X. It says "could´t be opened"
Anybody got it working in Logic?

Wake me up when the port is done for Windows. ;)

Return to “Effects”