Why are there no close to hardware native vst effects?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ch00rD wrote:[...snip...] but I hate modern (say, 80s and later [...snip...] Ah, I see. The cheesiness (imho) and quite poor sound quality made me wonder whether it was a joke. Just wanted to clear that up. I'm open both to attempts at good jokes or serious discussion. ;) [...snip...] Ah, then I guess you're looking for some after-the-fact, process-the-whole-mix (re)mastering-workflow type of tape saturation effect, I guess? I could put it through UAD's Ampex plug-in at various settings, perhaps some presets or very extreme settings to emphasise their character. Would that be helpful to you?

It sure would.

That sample is cheesy I know, but who wants to put their real samples out in the open?

Like Bob Marley said, "if you listen carefully, you will hear", so a process-the-whole-mix render would be enough for me to decide whether or not I actually wanna buy the plugin. For my individual tracks, or for my whole mix.

Thank you!
Beats Of The Heart - Reggae Documentary (1977)
Post-Dilla: A Comprehensive Guide to the Beat Generation:

We dont need more emulations of hardware we just need much much faster CPU's.

Once we have fast enough CPU and can run native samplerates in the Mhz, the sound will be extremely "analog" in that aliasing will be gone.
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

( with sarcastic duffus voice)

"but 16 bit/44k is CD quality, that's good enough"

hibidy wrote:( with sarcastic duffus voice)

"but 16 bit/44k is CD quality, that's good enough"

That's me... :lol: :lol:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

75ips wrote:Matter of fact I welcome everyone here to run this sample over their favorite plugins and share the result.
I ran it through my favourite plugin. Just some subtle sweetening really:
Try - Sweetened

audiosabre wrote:I ran it through my favourite plugin. Just some subtle sweetening really:
Try - Sweetened
Pretty damn cool man!

Ch00rD wrote:[...snip...] but I hate modern (say, 80s and later [...snip...] Ah, I see. The cheesiness (imho) and quite poor sound quality made me wonder whether it was a joke. Just wanted to clear that up. I'm open both to attempts at good jokes or serious discussion. ;) [...snip...] Ah, then I guess you're looking for some after-the-fact, process-the-whole-mix (re)mastering-workflow type of tape saturation effect, I guess? I could put it through UAD's Ampex plug-in at various settings, perhaps some presets or very extreme settings to emphasise their character. Would that be helpful to you?

So what's up, can you help us out or not?

Just run "try_original.mp3" through your stuff. Due to its nature (smooth vocals, sharp drums, with quite a bit of distance between them) - it's able to offer a pretty good clue as to what each tape plugin does.

Thank you!

But surelt you need to run each stem rather than the full mix through the plugin to get the 'desired' result with the tape and console emulations.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:But surelt you need to run each stem rather than the full mix through the plugin to get the 'desired' result with the tape and console emulations.
I thought you needed both? Either way, in this simple test case, a full mix do-over will suffice. That should tell you what Ampex is all about.

Return to “Effects”