Which brickwall mastering limiter?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Limiter No6 Maxwell Smart Neo DynaMaster Vintage Neo MasterTool Pro-L 2 PSP Xenon

Resurrect the thread. Resurrect the thread.

Can't go wrong with Loudmax

http://loudmax.blogspot.co.uk/

God damn excellent!

ACC22, will check this out later

Lol. I knew this was coming. Hence why I threw in I know this is an old thread. But I didn't see the point of creating a new one for something that has already done several times over. Never thought it would create such a stir lmao. :hyper:

I'm glad you brought it up. I'll check it out when cool down from my walk.

hibidy wrote:I'm glad you brought it up. I'll check it out when cool down from my walk.
Awesome.... By the way, feel free to check out the master eq thread. Just picked up the IK Master EQ 432 for less than $60. Awesome summer deal if you've been eyeing that one.

codec_spurt wrote:Can't go wrong with Loudmax
http://loudmax.blogspot.co.uk/
God damn excellent!
Unfortunately, yes. That free little thing has put most of my other Limiters out of work. Barricade still louderizes my mixes ("masters") as good as it can, but Loudmax can always tickle a few more dB out of everything. It's also very practical for evening out loudness jumps in stems.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

AC222 wrote:
hibidy wrote:I'm glad you brought it up. I'll check it out when cool down from my walk.
Awesome.... By the way, feel free to check out the master eq thread. Just picked up the IK Master EQ 432 for less than $60. Awesome summer deal if you've been eyeing that one.
Crap! I already have it but that is a killer price!!!!!!

hibidy wrote:
AC222 wrote:

Sorry hibidy, didn't mean to spoil that for you. :( But... if you were looking at those Neve eqs or anything else in the Ik lot. It's not a bad time to stockpile some of those gear credits at 50% off...

AC222 wrote:
hibidy wrote:
AC222 wrote:

Sorry hibidy, didn't mean to spoil that for you. :( But... if you were looking at those Neve eqs or anything else in the Ik lot. It's not a bad time to stockpile some of those gear credits at 50% off...
Not at all dude! Yeah, I'll be lookin' into it for sure!

Awesome! Yeah, I just happened to be checking that one out and when I logged into TRacks Custom Shop it said that there was a Summer Strummer sale 50% off so my jaw dropped and made an impulse buy. I just couldn't help myself heh.

That is a terrific master q.

Checking out the earreckon limiter......me no understand how to use it. I mean, it's a good peak killer, but the controls are not necessarily giving me what I'd expect. Will try more later.

hah! I was thinking about ressurrecting the thread.

Can you guys give me a advice: to someone that rarely does my mastering, I have too many limiters. I'm thiking about selling one of them. Which one should is the weaker, from this 3: BX_XL 2, PSP Xenon and Voxengo Elephant 4.

I have been using the IK brickwall limiter for some time now and find it does the job well.
Also the Powercore brickwall limiter is first rate.

waltercruz wrote:hah! I was thinking about ressurrecting the thread.

Can you guys give me a advice: to someone that rarely does my mastering, I have too many limiters. I'm thiking about selling one of them. Which one should is the weaker, from this 3: BX_XL 2, PSP Xenon and Voxengo Elephant 4.
Can't tell you first hand, but Elephant receives consistently high marks.*

*I realize I gave you the exact opposite answer you were looking for :P

PatchAdamz, How much gain are you getting out of the IK brick wall limiter?

Return to “Effects”