eaReckon EARebound (multi-delay) updated to v1.1.0 (AAX, VST3, ..., New GUI)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
EARebound

26 May 2017: EARebound has been updated to v1.1.0.

New in v1.1.0:
- Available as AAX and VST3 (+ VST, AU).
The AAX version is provided as a Stereo/Stereo, Stereo/Quad, Stereo/5.1 compatible plug-in.
The VST3 version has been optimized for Stereo, 5.1, 4.1, 5.0 and 4.0 buses.
- Redesigned GUI.
- Updated Manuals.

-------------------------------------------------------

17 May 2013: EARebound has been updated to v1.0.2.

This update includes the following new features:

- Solo Mode
Each line (except the "Global Delay") can be soloed for very specific tone shaping.

- More divisions
32th and 64th (+ triplet / dotted) divisions have been added to Modulation and Delay Time Division menus.
32th and 64th sequences are also available from the "Delay Time" menu ("Time Line" view).

- Global Edit modes ("Mix View" only)
By activating one of the two provided "Global Edit" modes, you can now change a same parameter across all delay lines (input and global delay settings are excluded from the global edit process).

- Updated manuals

Registered users can download this update from their user account.

-------------------------------------------------------

EARebound is a full-featured multi-delay plug-in.
Apart from any situation where a solid delay unit is needed, it is particularly useful when it comes to create rhythm from any material or instantly enhance existing audio loops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhAc3YhYGr0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsd_QYupyWo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmaXBNFLcl4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD9xyjrxl5k

More information available at http://www.eareckon.com
Last edited by PFozz on Fri May 26, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Bought! :)
Finally!

Can someone say anything about the demo limitations?

Thanks
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Many thanks, Cyphersuit!
Hi Compyfox,

The demo limitations are:

- Short volume fades are expected every minutes (no white noise, ...)
- "LF Gain" knob is disabled

Love your company, love your plugins, love the man behind the mask as he actually listened to my music and gave GREAT feedback (dont know if you remember) so the following only comes out of love. PLEASE do a walkthrough video explaining exactly WHY this is not a standard delay plugin. I understand how easy it is to apply a bunch of presets and it sounding good, but I dont need a youtube video to show me that - I can do that with the demo! What I'm really looking for in a youtube video is a voice over explaining how & more importantly WHY to use (and ultimately buy) this plugin.

Just something to consider, and if you do the video (hopefully before the intro offer is over) please let me know as I would obviously love to see it!
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

PFozz wrote:Many thanks, Cyphersuit!
Hi Compyfox,

The demo limitations are:

- Short volume fades are expected every minutes (no white noise, ...)
- "LF Gain" knob is disabled
So I take it, there is no demo time limit (14/30 days, 1hour running time, etc).
Then I'll definitely take a closer look.

I do have several delays at my disposal, but I'm not happy with Rob Papen, TAL Dub-2 doesn't work for me anymore (Cubase 7), and the rest is all vintage stuff, from the KVR Developer Challenge and not necessarily cross platform.

Unless I go with XILS or U-HE's MFM.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Then I'll definitely take a closer look.
Many thanks!
Hope you will like it ;-)
Love your company, love your plugins, love the man behind the mask as he actually listened to my music and gave GREAT feedback (dont know if you remember) so the following only comes out of love. PLEASE do a walkthrough video explaining exactly WHY this is not a standard delay plugin.
Sure I remember, Jon!
After they accompanied me from Kent to Highlands in 2011, your songs are still in my MP3 player ;-)
On EARebound, there are so many things that can be done with this plug-in... A single video demoing all possibilities would surely be too long (and quite boring).
I will probably do more than one video (I just need time to make them).
Regarding the voice over, well... my spoken English can be disappointing sometimes so I may opt for subtitles instead :oops:
Thanks again for your kind words!

I just gave this plugin a quick spin.

I do like the step machine concept. Definitely interesting. Though sometimes I'm all for simplicity. And this is why I loved TAL Dub 2 so much.

Unfortunately, that thing doesn't work in higher versions of Cubase anymore. But I loved how you could "feedback" the signal to create some sort of infinite loops. On top of "abusing" this plugin for ping-pong type delays. *sigh*

I'm sure this is all possible with the "Global" setup of EARebound. And as a matter of fact, I just tested it and it is possible (though with more delay lines, and not just one).

But I do miss the modulation of TAL Dub, where you could slightly modulate the delay additionally. UNLESS... that is possible with the chorus mode and very slow rate and low depth.

Else, interesting application. And if I saw that right, even surround capable (rare these days). Now, if there would be a modulation matrix for the X/Y pad, there's even room for more delay and FX abuse.

Either way - highly interesting, easy to use. Though a bit high on CPU usage (my i7 920 eats 6%-10% ASIO cycles with the Default preset, and about 25% ASIO with "Complex Star Field" - maybe my rig is too old after all, because there is no difference in Cubase 7 if the ASIO Guard is active or not). Maybe a "small one" with just one or two delay lines might be interesting as add-on?

I just don't know when I have the funds to shell out to get this one as suitable alternative to (yes, dare I say it) TAL DUB.

Many thanks for your detailed report, CompyFox.

I just did some tests (with Cubase 5.5) to be sure about the CPU usage and here is what I get on my i5-3470 @ 3.20GHz (ASIO Buffer Size = 128 samples):

Default Stereo Preset (ASIO = 2-3% / CPU = 2.9%)

[LARGE PICTURE]

Complex Star Field (ASIO = 9% / CPU = 4.4%)

[LARGE PICTURE]
I do miss the modulation of TAL Dub, where you could slightly modulate the delay additionally. UNLESS... that is possible with the chorus mode and very slow rate and low depth.
I never tried TAL DUB but as you pointed out, it should be possible to use the 'Chorus' mode and a slow rate to achieve this (even if EARebound has its own modulation algorithms so it will probably sound different than TAL DUB).
Now, if there would be a modulation matrix for the X/Y pad, there's even room for more delay and FX abuse.
I like this idea (and also the idea of various LFOs to control different parameters).
However, I wanted to keep EARebound easy to use (and thought advanced users may want to use a dedicated MIDI plug-in to control EARebound with LFOs, ...) but it is something I will keep thinking about...
Meanwhile, some 'modulation presets' are available (these are available from a menu but I'm sure a lot of users will miss it if they do not read the manual - the menu is accessible from a tiny gray button on top right of modulation settings).
Some presets make the sound "travel" from a channel to another, for example, but it only affects L/R pan and not the Main/Aux balance.

Thanks again for giving it a try!
All the best,
P.

PFozz wrote:Many thanks for your detailed report, CompyFox.

I just did some tests (with Cubase 5.5) to be sure about the CPU usage and here is what I get on my i5-3470 @ 3.20GHz (ASIO Buffer Size = 128 samples):
And this confirms my initial thought that my rig is too old. The Core i5-3470 is an Ivy Bridge. My Core i7 920 is a Bloomfield/Nephalem chip. Over four years of development time and optimisation in between.

Even with most basic delay features, that CPU usage is a tad high. At least on my end. Maybe it is due to my old chip and/or Cubase 7. :shrug:

I'm curious what Mac Pro's (desktop) from like 3-4 years back say about this in terms of specs.

Either way, I've seen the small modulation buttons. But having an LFO to control the X/Y pad would still be interesting. Then again, a pure "global module" as "small FX unit" would be also interesting.

Just my 2c. ;)

Whooohaaaaa... that EARebound is nice. Very low on my cpu (I7, Win 64) - instant new rhythms using just one synth with an arp. Magic!

Glad i bought this, and i bought it blind based on how good EAReverb is and on those vids.

This is now my go to delay unit for sure. Goodbye Waves H Delay ;)
Last edited by cyphersuit on Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finally!

But hey the font on the upper buttons, "midi", "sync" and so on is so washed out i feel like i drank too much purple juice ;) please give us a sharper font in an update.

ps: random mode is in, yay!
Finally!

But having an LFO to control the X/Y pad would still be interesting. Then again, a pure "global module" as "small FX unit" would be also interesting.
I will think about all of this. Thanks for your suggestions!
Whooohaaaaa... that EARebound is nice. Very low on my cpu (I7, Win 64) - instant new rhythms using just one synth with an arp. Magic!
Many thanks, Cyphersuit!
Glad you like it :-)
But hey the font on the upper buttons, "midi", "sync" and so on is so washed out i feel like i drank too much purple juice Wink
It may be me who drank too much coffee ;-)
I wanted these rubber pads to have a worn out aspect but I will "replace" them. Actually, it is not very realistic... it's the "Random" pad that should be totally damaged :D

Thanks again!

i really hope people will jump on this, it is not to be missed.
Finally!

If I had the funds currently, I'd jump on it at once. But this unfortunately has to wait.

So far, a great delay, and usable compared to certain old freebies I had. Not a bucket brigade one, not a pure analog one. But I do like the concept of the global mode, with the interchangeable saturation modes. Pretty much TAL-Dub 2 in advanced, sans the Ping Pong mode without additional tabs.

I still need to test this, but I think I know why I "think" I have such a huge ASIO usage: Cubase 7 already registers in idle mode about 5-10%, while earlier Cubase versions only registered 1% (way smaller green bargraphs).

This could cause the irritations.

Still, it's drastic. And either it's a Cubase 7 fault, or my CPU is too weak these days. If I have some time left over, I take another look with Cubase 6. Just to be sure.

Oh, and I should maybe mention that I use 256samples as buffer, not 1024samples or something like that. Yes, I do love working in Realtime. :)

Return to “Effects”